Best romantic movie

Nicole44

On 2/5/2019 at 5:17 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

How is that funny? It doesn't make any sense. No one who considered them "our guys" would think of them as lost. Quite the opposite, actually. Literally no one in the world could have that opinion outside of maybe the highjackers' families if they didn't share their radical ideology. 

It has the form of a good joke. It sets you up and then throws you a surprise curveball with an ending you didn't see coming. But a good joke should have an internal logic and that one has none. 

tumblr_madhhv9jUN1rypkj8o1_400.gif

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 3:00 PM, Gil Bang said:

“It’s Complicated” is terrific. Steve Martin, Streep, Baldwin.

Out of Africa and Bridges of Madison County. I'm not sure I believe Streep is an Iowa housewife or Clint is a photographer, but it's fun watching them together.

Frankie and Johnny - Pfeiffer & Pacino. Not the best, but a cute little movie.

• 1 month later...

A few of you said Serendipity. I liked it when I saw it but it's really an evil movie. It's a movie about two people being unfaithful. And to top it off, Kate Beckinsale's character is insane, not in a cute way, but in a New Agey-ish, cringe inducing know-it-all way.

My vote for best romantic movie is About Time, made by the same guy who made Love Actually but imo it's a lot better than Love Actually. Rachel McAdams is hot as usual and the final scene with the main character and his dad destroyed me. That might be because I have a son who I love more than life.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:11 PM, TexasMan said:

Vanilla Sky 

HealthyLimitedAmethystgemclam-max-1mb.gi

On 3/29/2019 at 1:25 PM, ajax said:

A few of you said Serendipity. I liked it when I saw it but it's really an evil movie. It's a movie about two people being unfaithful. And to top it off, Kate Beckinsale's character is insane, not in a cute way, but in a New Agey-ish, cringe inducing know-it-all way.

My vote for best romantic movie is About Time, made by the same guy who made Love Actually but imo it's a lot better than Love Actually. Rachel McAdams is hot as usual and the final scene with the main character and his dad destroyed me. That might be because I have a son who I love more than life.

You're absolute right, except you're wrong because Beckinsale.

I actually prefer another McAdams love story/time movie, which in case you're keeping count is her 3rd, the Time Travelers Wife.

• Like 1