Vince arrested DWI

ToY

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also for the people who always say, "why didn't he call an Uber or someone else" when these things happen. Since when do drunk people make smart and rational decisions. Drunk people always claim they are good and can drive. No matter how drunk. You have to force the keys from them or hide them. Unless he Ubere'd out there and had it planned in advance he was going to drive home, then he was going to be driving home no matter how much he had to drink. If drunk people made smart decisions, DUI's and drunk driving accidents would be non-existent.

Do we know he was heading home? Maybe he was driven home then went back out.

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also for the people who always say, "why didn't he call an Uber or someone else" when these things happen. Since when do drunk people make smart and rational decisions. Drunk people always claim they are good and can drive. No matter how drunk. You have to force the keys from them or hide them. Unless he Ubere'd out there and had it planned in advance he was going to drive home, then he was going to be driving home no matter how much he had to drink. If drunk people made smart decisions, DUI's and drunk driving accidents would be non-existent.

Exactly this. If you are the type of person who gets drunk and can't control their behavior, you should not drink.

Just posted on the aggy section, but I’d have picked him up. At 4 am, he’d have to wake me up, but I’d been there - Longhorn sandals and all. He’d have to autograph something for the “fee” and not sure a signature at 4 am would be legible, but an accompanied selfie would prove it!

• Like 1

Is this his 2nd?  Hope he gets his shit together, he may need to simply stop drinking altogether.

The main reason I generally avoid drinking too much is that I love to drink and my biggest fear would be to drink so much I have to quit drinking. Also why I only drink when I’m happy not when I’m depressed. It doesn’t help anyway.

• Like 2

I personally think that Vince deserves his own statue. I know he didn't win the Heisman, but that changes absolutely fuckin nothin about the fact that he's the best college player I've ever seen, and arguably the greatest college QB of all time. He already has the Heisman thing going against him, and now this. Two drunk driving arrests. Come on Vince. Be better than this. You deserve to be immortalized outside of our stadium, but that shit will not happen if you can't come to Jesus right now. 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

"Most recently Young was in the news for a 2016 DUI in Austin, Texas, where police reported he was driving dangerously. In video of the incident, he was seen getting impatient and belligerent with officers.  After pleading no contest, Young was sentenced to 18 months’ probation."

Not sure Vince gets to keep his job at Texas now??  The University kept him after the 2016 DUI though....... (2016 article below)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14654822/vince-young-remain-employed-university-texas-dwi-arrest

I think he already lost it last year for......drinking.

VY not known for living within his means.

And for Vic: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/06/27/vince-young-debt-chapter-11-bankruptcy

Just seven years after Vince Young signed a $25 million contract with the Tennessee Titans, the former NFL quarterback filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2014. In Greg Bishop's Where Are They Now profile of Young in the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, Young details how some of his exorbitant spending led him into debt.

Court documents showed that Young listed assets between $500,001 and $1 million alongside debt between $1,001,000 and $10 million.

There is a saying that "he'll never pay for another drink in [name of town] again", but I wonder if it ever really happens.

I know I would buy VY a drink if I ever saw him out and if that does happen, that is a tough thing for a drinker to turn down. Just stay out of clubs/bars I guess.

Two DWIs within 5 years means mandatory ignition lock. He might not escape jail time either. I really hope he gets some help. The last few years can’t have been easy for someone who was once on top like he was. I will always think the world of what he brought to UT...I just hope he can turn it around. 🤘

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Was he out with his posse on this night, though? If he was, then yes, they should have intervened and made sure him and everyone else got home safely. But if he went there by himself, then it's all on him. Either way, it's still his fault so not going to defer blame to his friends even if they were there. He's a grown man.

Dude won the title for the University of Texas.  His posse runs a few million deep.  Zero way he couldn't have gotten help.  And back in the day of cabs, I knew WAY more people who ended up out drunk and driving.  Unless Houston is nothing like Chicago, an uber is always only a minute or two away.  Even in the middle of the night.  

I do agree with the part about alcoholics managing to fuck up  no matter how much help is around - that's why the whole point is you're always a recovering alcoholic...one drink and are off to the shitter again.  Sad. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Alcoholics...
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Dude won the title for the University of Texas.  His posse runs a few million deep.  Zero way he couldn't have gotten help.  And back in the day of cabs, I knew WAY more people who ended up out drunk and driving.  Unless Houston is nothing like Chicago, an uber is always only a minute or two away.  Even in the middle of the night.  

I do agree with the part about alcoholics managing to fuck up  no matter how much help is around - that's why the whole point is you're always a recovering alcoholic...one drink and are off to the shitter again.  Sad. 

I'm just wondering if he went to wherever he went alone or out with his people. I couldn't see him going out with a lot of people and them leaving him to drive like that. But who knows. Still his fault. He should have known better after his first one in 2016.

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'll never understand how people with a posse can get in a situation where they have to drive themselves.

unfortunately those people that have a posse are generally not the smartest people......yet they are usually the smartest people in their posse so if they decide to fuck up they are going to get the chance to fuck up and the only thing a posse does is give them the opportunity to fuck up with more people.....well in addition to having members of your posse fuck up for you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

unfortunately those people that have a posse are generally not the smartest people......yet they are usually the smartest people in their posse so if they decide to fuck up they are going to get the chance to fuck up and the only thing a posse does is give them the opportunity to fuck up with more people.....well in addition to having members of your posse fuck up for you

Posses' are pretty much a bunch of parasitic blood suckers anyway.   All yes men clinging to anothers fame and the benefits thereof.  "XXX buys all my drinks, XXX bought my ride,  XXX is cool" .  When XXX is in a bind or broke, it gets really solitary really fast.

2 DWI's in 3 years?  Trying to get himself a permanent member of the National College Hole of Fame?
Stupid shit, but I'm gonna hope he gets cleaned up and lives the life he formerly aspired to.  He's a nice guy and hopefully will wise the fuck up.

He obviously has a problem and needs to get clean.

So fucking dumb. And those of you saying to take an Uber are actually underselling the stupidity of his actions. There are probably 100,000 people in each large Texas city who would give him a free ride home if he asked. So basically anywhere he goes in public there are plenty of options. 

He needs to have his license suspended. 

Edited by Huckleberry

I am not here to defend what he did but first of all he has not been convicted of anything with this latest ... uh .. mistake...and second how many of you assholes have driven after having a few drinks and just not been pulled over? (yes a few drinks will get you a DWI arrest)

My guess is most of you, me included.

Does not mean he needs to go to fucking rehab. 

I certainly do not condone what he did and think he is more of a dumb ass than a habitual drinking alcoholic.

So quit throwing stones or you windows will be compromised.