Vince arrested DWI

ToY

My wife and a girlfriend got a pic with him two or three days before the arrest.  Vince sure as shit coulda been drunk that night.  He also sure as shit could have been a black dude in a fancy car... 

Odds are it was both.  That's why I tell folks if you are gonna do illegal shit, it's super fucking dumb to drive things that draw attention to yourself. The pussy ain't worth it in the end.  But the odds are about 4-6 times higher of being pulled over in a killer ride if you are not white.  

Still the cost was what... a $100K forever.... before expenses.  Glad he is not going to jail. 

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

My wife and a girlfriend got a pic with him two or three days before the arrest.  Vince sure as shit coulda been drunk that night.  He also sure as shit could have been a black dude in a fancy car... 

Odds are it was both.  That's why I tell folks if you are gonna do illegal shit, it's super fucking dumb to drive things that draw attention to yourself. The pussy ain't worth it in the end.  But the odds are about 4-6 times higher of being pulled over in a killer ride if you are not white.  

Still the cost was what... a $100K forever.... before expenses.  Glad he is not going to jail. 

Is there even a shred of evidence that his arrest was racially motivated? What a bizarre, racially charged diatribe. Kinda sad honestly. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

Pleading a DWI down to obstructing a highway is so early ‘90s man

Is it though?  I did the criminal defense clinic at UT and we defended a bunch of DWIs and that was not common at the time.  I've had a voyeuristic interest in criminal law ever since, and I don't remember when that became a thing or how.

Edited by TwiceHorn

14 hours ago, horn4life said:

Maybe he should stop driving drunk. Then if he does get pulled over he doesn't have to go to court for it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Guys I simply bring race into because if you don't think the chances of being pulled over being black in a fancy car , are more than being white in a fancy car, your "reality" is incorrect.  Sort of like our local black billionaire getting pulled over several times a year in his fancy car going to the airport...  Is sheer coincidence.... My black friends have ALWAYS been pulled over at a much, much higher rate than I have been. I wish this wasn't the general reality, but it is.  Feel free to pretend it's never a factor... 

Do I think Vince was sober?  No fucking way.  

I will also say if you are going to drink and drive, buying a fancy car to draw attention to yourself is.... unwise.... no matter what your ethnicity.

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 9

19 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Guys I simply bring race into because if you don't think the chances of being pulled over being black in a fancy car , are more than being white in a fancy car, your "reality" is incorrect.  Sort of like our local black billionaire getting pulled over several times a year in his fancy car going to the airport...  Is sheer coincidence.... My black friends have ALWAYS been pulled over at a much, much higher rate than I have been. I wish this wasn't the general reality, but it is.  Feel free to pretend it's never a factor... 

I will also say if you are going to drink and drive, buying a fancy car to draw attention to yourself is.... unwise.... no matter what your ethnicity.

I don't think you get it. Nobody is on this thread to discuss racial profiling, especially when that has nothing to do with the situation. You just come off like someone who is racebaiting to de a twat. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Maybe shut the fuck up and take this tired discussion somewhere where someone gives a fuck.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, horn4life said:

The only thing dumber than this post is the fact you let your wife hangout with your girlfriend.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Is it though?  I did the criminal defense clinic at UT and we defended a bunch of DWIs and that was not common at the time.  I've had a voyeuristic interest in criminal law ever since, and I don't remember when that became a thing or how.

I started out in Nacogdoches, mostly defending SFA students against DWI, PI, assault (fighting) charges, etc.  The county attorney at the time had a soft spot for “young folks just starting out in life” screwing themselves over long term by engaging in knucklehead behavior. In those situations he’d offer to reduce a DWI to obstructing a roadway or reckless driving, unless it caused a wreck or the defendant was an asshole toward the cops. This was pre-internet so the only bad publicity he’d receive was the occasional letter to the editor from a MADD member 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, HornReject said:

Man he was so great remember in the Rose Bowl and he ran that play. Too bad he is a criminal now we don't need those associated with the school

I don't know if this is some kind of experiment or not.  I've never seen anyone break 100 on rep; reminds me of the scoreboard at the Astrodome.  You might be the first.

I started out in Nacogdoches, mostly defending SFA students against DWI, PI, assault (fighting) charges, etc.  The county attorney at the time had a soft spot for “young folks just starting out in life” screwing themselves over long term by engaging in knucklehead behavior. In those situations he’d offer to reduce a DWI to obstructing a roadway or reckless driving, unless it caused a wreck or the defendant was an asshole toward the cops. This was pre-internet so the only bad publicity he’d receive was the occasional letter to the editor from a MADD member 

A buddy of mine got pulled over riding with some of our classmates and his sister while he was at SFA. He was drunk. The cop told him if anyone was sober they could drive and there wouldn’t be any tickets. They were all drunk and my buddy got a DWI for it.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

A buddy of mine got pulled over riding with some of our classmates and his sister while he was at SFA. He was drunk. The cop told him if anyone was sober they could drive and there wouldn’t be any tickets. They were all drunk and my buddy got a DWI for it.

I got pulled over by Austin PD in the late '80s for running a stop sign. I was drunk and high as a pine tree.  Lied to the cop that I was just around the corner from home (didn't even know the address) and was just a general all-around asshole.  Fortunately one of my passengers was much more clearheaded and diplomatic and talked the cop into letting him drive to a buddy's house nearby where we'd all spend the night.  The cop reluctantly agreed but promised he'd drive by that address every hour until his shift ended and if my vehicle moved, he'd come and pull me out of bed and beat my ass.

Not a chance in hell of anything like that happening these days.  There but for the grace of God...

32 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

You may not believe this, but when that alert came up on my phone, my thought was "why the hell is someone quoting a throwaway joke 24 hours later?  Maybe a thumbs up or a like, but what the hell are they quoting it for.  I bet I used "infers" incorrectly and this is some grammar nazi pointing it out".  

And just to save you the post, I didn't capitalize "nazi" on purpose because fuck those guys.  Any other grammatical errors are fair game, so have at it.  

• Haha 1

i miss the hell out of Brian...and Keith, truth be told. Brian was always up for helping a kid out and making Nacogdoches county a little money off the deal. go in, shoot the shit with Keith, say hi to Miss Billie, and gossip with BD and Duke and come out with a piece of candy for the kid and lighter wallet for his parents.

couldn’t have done any of that without J. Yarbrough, though...to this day my all time fav judge.

remember when BD had that interview with KTRE after Mike Claude’s trial for AFV?

lol...
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i miss the hell out of Brian...and Keith, truth be told. Brian was always up for helping a kid out and making Nacogdoches county a little money off the deal. go in, shoot the shit with Keith, say hi to Miss Billie, and gossip with BD and Duke and come out with a piece of candy for the kid and lighter wallet for his parents.

couldn’t have done any of that without J. Yarbrough, though...to this day my all time fav judge.

remember when BD had that interview with KTRE after Mike Claude’s trial for AFV?

lol...

Holy fucking shit. Kyrie Eleison was my “brother in the struggle” all along