2019 SOTU game thread

zork

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

are all the congressional women wearing white?

i've been doing bedtime stuff. what's up with that?

PBS News Hour mentioned that all the Democratic women were wearing white in order to provide a visual contrast for the teevee viewers showing that their party is more diverse and representative than the Republicans in terms of gender.

Just now, immamac said:

When is he getting off script? If he does this the rest of the time in office and stays off twitter it won't be that bad. 

CNN hosts said they're expecting about an hour or so of this since there's gonna be so many applause breaks. I think Nancy is holding the speech and she looks very pleased lol

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

PBS News Hour mentioned that all the Democratic women were wearing white in order to provide a visual contrast for the teevee viewers showing that their party is more diverse and representative than the Republicans in terms of gender.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/02/05/democratic-women-wear-white-state-of-the-union-2019/2775444002/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zork said:

Looks like RBG didn't make it to the speech.  Also a few others from the US-SC it seems are absent?  

Edit: or do they designate a few of them not to show like Perry?

She rarely goes to them..... Made Obama's but never went to W's, Trump's and I think only one of Clinton's.

Clarence Thomas hasn't been in like 2 decades.