NBA All Star Weekend 2019

Goo Punch

10 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Lebron and Giannis picked the teams. They no longer go by conferences. 

Gotcha.  Hadn't watched in a while.

Each team should just stay on their end of the court and do some kind of cool offensive thing, then pitch the ball to other end of the court and let them do the same.  I've seen more intensity in rec pick-up games. 

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

2003 or 2004? back then the dunks still weren't all that advanced (unless you were Vince Carter),

What in the ever living fuck.  Kobe was 97.  Harold miner and Isiah rider in mid 90s.  Jordan in fucking 80s.  Kemp and Kenny Smith in early 90s.  Tmac and Jason Richardson....

Dunks have been complex and acrobatic for decades.  The only thing they lacked were the ridiculous props of today.

This take is as bad as derkas other claim that 80s nfl were played by milkmen and garbage workers

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

What in the ever living fuck.  Kobe was 97.  Harold miner and Isiah rider in mid 90s.  Jordan in fucking 80s.  Kemp and Kenny Smith in early 90s.  Tmac and Jason Richardson....

Dunks have been complex and acrobatic for decades.  The only thing they lacked were the ridiculous props of today.

This take is as bad as derkas other claim that 80s nfl were played by milkmen and garbage workers

JR rider was the first that I remember to go through his legs.  That was 94.   Kobe did it too in 97

Edited by d2o

2 minutes ago, d2o said:

JR rider was the first that I remember to go through his legs.  That was 94.   Kobe did it too in.96

I'm not a fan of the Wilkins raw power dunks. 90s had a perfect balance of balletic dunks and power dunks.  no stupid gimmicks like capes, stickers, literally non-dunks (Dwight)....after Vince everything was pretty lame until Aaron Gordon rewrote the book on dunks

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I'm not a fan of the Wilkins raw power dunks. 90s had a perfect balance of balletic dunks and power dunks.  no stupid gimmicks like capes, stickers, literally non-dunks (Dwight)....after Vince everything was pretty lame until Aaron Gordon rewrote the book on dunks

Ummmmm........and Lavine

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

nope. not even a little bit. nothing that harold minor or MJ ever did even comes close to the best dunks of today's contests. i don't think you actually remember the old contests if you think otherwise. i too hate prop dunks and i'm not talking about those. regular dunks have gotten more creative and innovative generation after generation. the dunks LJ and Harold Minor were doing don't compare to what Vinsanity and J Rich did, which, as unbelievable as they were, was still before the advent of free throw line windmills, around the back dunks, etc. VC15 and J Rich were the only guys doing those dunks back then, which is why they are two of the GOAT's- I mean Vince got a 50 for simply putting his arm in the rim, something we'd never seen before that was amazing at the time, and now last night we had a guy who put his arm in the rim while jumping over Shaq. To deny this sort of typical progression is plain ignorance. 

Also, lol @d2o pos repping you. what a pussy. he has me on ignore and refuses to even engage me because he can't handle me combating his retarded opinions (like insisting for years now that Andrew Wiggins is better than Jimmy Butler), but he'll pos rep this retarded post because that's all he can do. I implore him to stop being such a gaping vag, put his big boy pants on, and defend his own takes with words and facts. less butthurt and gay rep wars, more standing by what you say and engaging in actual conversation. please. 

also i don't recall every saying anything about 1980's NFL so you'll have to refresh my memory on that one. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

damn, i didn't know steph could do that...

well to be fair all small guards who play below the rim are best at dunking that way. don't have to palm a ball and jump off one foot, you just have jump as high as you can off two feet and go and get it. still was very impressive, and better than half of what we saw last night. 

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

well to be fair all small guards who play below the rim are best at dunking that way. don't have to palm a ball and jump off one foot, you just have jump as high as you can off two feet and go and get it. still was very impressive, and better than half of what we saw last night. 

I mean, Step Curry is 6'3. I would be surprised if he couldn't dunk easily.

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

nope. not even a little bit. nothing that harold minor or MJ ever did even comes close to the best dunks of today's contests. i don't think you actually remember the old contests if you think otherwise. i too hate prop dunks and i'm not talking about those. regular dunks have gotten more creative and innovative generation after generation. the dunks LJ and Harold Minor were doing don't compare to what Vinsanity and J Rich did, which, as unbelievable as they were, was still before the advent of free throw line windmills, around the back dunks, etc. VC15 and J Rich were the only guys doing those dunks back then, which is why they are two of the GOAT's- I mean Vince got a 50 for simply putting his arm in the rim, something we'd never seen before that was amazing at the time, and now last night we had a guy who put his arm in the rim while jumping over Shaq. To deny this sort of typical progression is plain ignorance. 

Also, lol @d2o pos repping you. what a pussy. he has me on ignore and refuses to even engage me because he can't handle me combating his retarded opinions (like insisting for years now that Andrew Wiggins is better than Jimmy Butler), but he'll pos rep this retarded post because that's all he can do. I implore him to stop being such a gaping vag, put his big boy pants on, and defend his own takes with words and facts. less butthurt and gay rep wars, more standing by what you say and engaging in actual conversation. please. 

also i don't recall every saying anything about 1980's NFL so you'll have to refresh my memory on that one. 

Its really amazing how you think everything is about you.   You should really seek therapy

Edited by d2o

8 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
8 hours ago, NowThis said:
the off board dunk by Lebron from Wade
Dirk's 3s
Stephs 3 over Klay with the foul 

-- those were the plays of the game for me 

Steph bouncy oop to giannis is mine

Might add, seeing Dirk nailing those 3s was great, looked to be having the time of his life out there. 

Edited by Underdog

20 minutes ago, d2o said:

Its really amazing how you think everything is about you.   You should really seek therapy

lol, and pos repping a post that did nothing but talk shit to/about me isn't about me? that's interesting. especially coming from one of the people here who openly doesn't like me. thanks for breaking your vow of silence towards me for that, and not to ever, you know, talk about basketball. 

Edited by Goo Punch

39 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

lol, and pos repping a post that did nothing but talk shit to/about me isn't about me? that's interesting. especially coming from one of the people here who openly doesn't like me. thanks for breaking your vow of silence towards me for that, and not to ever, you know, talk about basketball. 

I mean seriously calling someone a "gaping vag" and saying they are butthurt while whining about rep (THAT WASN"T EVEN GIVEN TO YOU) and that someone won't talk to you is some wild shit man.   

FTR, I don't care enough about you to not like you.   I don't like how you derail most of the threads here with stuff just like this.   You're constantly in your feelings man.   You can't have a conversation without name calling and other BS so why would I talk to you about anything?  If I was the only person who have pointed that out I'd look in the mirror.   I'm not so maybe you should.