The Division 2

jofus

2 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Man some of these side missions are hard as fuck to solo.  

Unsure what your current level is but if not high (25 or up), stop doing side missions. Do them last and stick to mains, projects; and strongholds, which are enough to get you to 30 by themselves  

Each side missions’ XP reward is (I believe) one third your current level, which is a lot at higher levels, and even more at 30. 

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

So I played D1 for a long time but I took months 2-12 off from the game... I beat it and played it for a while and a lot of survival.

Excuse my ignorance but I keep reading level 30 endgame... what does that mean?

Endgame is the game content in RPGs after you “beat” it. Think back to D1 after you did all the missions and side missions, beat the bosses, and leveled all the way up: the open world didn’t stop. There were still things to do and opportunities to continue gearing up.

Now, admittedly D1’s endgame was pretty weak but supposedly D2’s is much better. Does this make sense?    

Edited by The People’s Elbow
  • Like 1

“The software in question (typically RGB controlling software) uses vulnerable components that can be exploited for cheating or cause unexpected errors.”

I assume that the rgb controllers often use the colors on the screen to spill to the surrounding lights to create effects. That same “skimming the feed” and “create an effect” can be used for aimbots or something similar. .

Heard back from Ubisoft.

“I do apologize for this issue. Unfortunately the only workaround would be to remove the software from your system to play the game. I do realize this can be an inconvenience, but until Easy Anti-Cheat can get resolve this issue, you will need to remove the software to play.

Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best Regards,
Bryce E.
Ubisoft Support”

On 3/18/2019 at 1:11 PM, Speedtrucker said:

I’m not sure how survival can work in DC during the summer. Can’t really be heat exhaustion or flooding, gotta be some kinda new virus maybe taht they can create for survival mode

You collect and deliver "packages" in the hood while avoiding rival gangs and the 12.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:01 AM, ztejas said:

You collect and deliver "packages" in the hood while avoiding rival gangs and the 12.

Funny you say this. I hope it’s more like a “Warriors” type deal where you have to make it across city with package/anti virals and dodge gangs and pursuing hunter. 

Like idea of hunter stalking after an interval of time vs current Survival. 

On 3/26/2019 at 6:56 AM, BrazilHorn said:

I don’t remember dying solo nearly as much in D1. 

Enemies much more aggressive. 

Now that part I agree with — the AI is a different breed this game, especially in the world tiers and even more so when aggro’ing control points

However, I think with loots’ generous drop and some of the new skills, players have decent options for builds and revives making soloing seem more reasonably possible in this game. This seems to be a theme in The Division subreddit. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am at lvl 23 now, still have a ton to explore/do. Got my first "gold" weapon. Sweet sniper rifle.

I have not bothered with DZ yet. I never really played it in D1 so doubt it will be big draw for me in D2.

It’s a waste of time at this stage of your progression IMO. There’s an enormous amount to do in the LZ.

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am at lvl 23 now, still have a ton to explore/do. Got my first "gold" weapon. Sweet sniper rifle.

I have not bothered with DZ yet. I never really played it in D1 so doubt it will be big draw for me in D2.

It’s a waste of time at this stage of your progression IMO. There’s an enormous amount to do in the LZ.

10 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Just hit 30 and finished the Capitol mission.  Fun stuff.  

I thought the capitol mission was easier than Roosevelt Island. 

Seems like there is some serious difficulty escalation though between playing at 30 and then once you begin WT1...

I did all three strongholds with random pick up groups. We chewed through the Capitol and the other one pretty easily but it took me awhile to find a group that wouldn't have one or two people who would wander off like morons and get killed on Roosevelt Island.

Those little suicide drones Black Tusk sends at you are a pain in the ass.

Just saw the Surly Clan made lvl 2. No idea how clans level up but yeah team!

Yeah it leveled up while I was playing yesterday.

So what are yalls go to skills?

I’m real early, level 12 and only have chem launcher-oxidizer, hive reviver since I solo a lot, and the mid shield that lets you arm an AR or sub which isn’t nearly as good as D1 shield with subby.

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

I’m real early, level 12 and only have chem launcher-oxidizer, hive reviver since I solo a lot, and the mid shield that lets you arm an AR or sub which isn’t nearly as good as D1 shield with subby.

I use turret and drone turret. Bring xtra targets to bear and also help keeps the knife/bomb dudes off me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I use turret and drone turret. Bring xtra targets to bear and also help keeps the knife/bomb dudes off me. 

This is my go to skill setup.   Throw out the drone and the turret and get to mowing. 

Edited by Bigbend1812

I will say I love the realism re:lighting but if they are going to make it so fucking dark they should have a flashlight.

That is my main complaint at this point

Holy crap yes, they made DC amazing and the lighting is almost as good as RDR2 but holy hell I need a flashlight or NOV or thermal or hell I’ll take flares...

13 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

11 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I would recommend using turret and the chem launcher that replenishes your shield.  You can solo pretty much anything up through 30 with that.  The chem launcher that breaks shields is pretty useful when doing main missions with a group as well.  

15 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

For PvE, I use fire turret and healing chem launcher nearly 100% of the time. The former is really helpful for helping stem some of the bumrush tactics employed by higher-level NPCs, and the latter, with a ~10 second cooldown and the ability to stack for faster healing, is a no-brainer for my style and the necessary durability to outlast WT5’s inherent sponginess. 

For PvP, I use defender drone and mid-shield 90% of the time, with the remaining ten percent switching from the defender to the attack drone.

Edited by The People’s Elbow

Still using basic turret to draw fire and the healing drone to make me a bit more sponges for PVE

But then again I run with a high skill power LMG/sniper rifle build with the grenade launcher  that is more used for suppression tactics against mobs than for quick kills. The turret is great to provide the added bonus of marking enemies by having the “Q” button floating over their heads..

Tried running with the flame turret but it’s limited range  seemed to get me into more trouble than the value that having mobs on fire provided

14 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Hit 30 today. One thing I’ve noticed re game is that funds are harder to accumulate between equipment donations for projects and low sales prices. 

Don’t worry. Endgame is full of loot. Deconstruct gear and sell guns, and you’ll have plenty of money in no time.

Plus, what do you need funds for right now? 

9 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Don’t worry. Endgame is full of loot. Deconstruct gear and sell guns, and you’ll have plenty of money in no time.

Plus, what do you need funds for right now? 

Money is the one resource in this game I have no clue what to use it for..

Yes, pre end game you can buy gear as you level, and during the climb up the world tiers you use it to buy blue prints and upgrade the crafting table, but reallly once you hit 30, money is sorta worthless.

15 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Money is the one resource in this game I have no clue what to use it for..

Yes, pre end game you can buy gear as you level, and during the climb up the world tiers you use it to buy blue prints and upgrade the crafting table, but reallly once you hit 30, money is sorta worthless.

It’s required for crafting, recalibrating, the barber, and other stuff, but in such small quantities that ultimately you’re right: it’s mostly pointless. Aside from a random blueprint or gear piece here and there, there’s not usually much worth buying at the vendors. 

• 1 month later...

I'm doing the run from 1-30 then might bounce between TD2, Destiny, and FO76. Anyone can let me into the Surly Xbox clan?

I do like the game and I think they've done a good job on the content, but it's somewhat frustrating with how poor the matchmaking is for the first 30 levels. Almost through them, but still a pain.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 6:56 AM, GabrielsHorn said:

I'm doing the run from 1-30 then might bounce between TD2, Destiny, and FO76. Anyone can let me into the Surly Xbox clan?

I do like the game and I think they've done a good job on the content, but it's somewhat frustrating with how poor the matchmaking is for the first 30 levels. Almost through them, but still a pain.

What’s your handle?