Game 23: Texas vs. Baylor, 7 PM, LHN

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We know this. There’s no designated Big 12 refs 

but there’s consistent horseshit god awful refereeing in this conference. 

Many reasons for that. Too many to get into on here, and I don’t think most would be interested. 

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

I have not seen them but tonight Baylor was not as good as advertised.  Their zone was Swiss cheese and they had a lot of stupid turnovers.  They finally abandoned the zone when they couldn’t keep us out of the lane.  Not sure how they’ve been dominating the glass against teams.  They certainly didn’t against us.   

Outside of our free throw shooting, we played pretty well across the board. That had a lot to do with it, imo.

7 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Team looked pretty sharp last Saturday despite the road loss to ISU. Seemed to carry over that focus at home today. Hope this becomes the new norm.

People fly off the handle when we lose any game here (and it's not completely undeserved), but as @texasstrong12 said, we've quietly put together three good games in a row. But it would be typical Texas under Shaka Smart to break that streak against the second-worst team in the conference on the road.

Edited by Machinator

8 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the room when the oddsmakers are trying to set lines for this team.

I would never touch any of these Texas games at home. 

They can beat top 20 teams by double digits at home or lose to VCU/Radford types at home. Texas is bad on the road so those are the lines you want to bet on. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

People fly off the handle when we lose any game here (and it's not completely undeserved), but as @texasstrong12 said, we've quietly put together three good games in a row. But it would be typical Texas under Shaka Smart to break that streak against the second-worst team in the conference on the road.

I know it was a loss but I think the ISU game was actually our best performance out of these 3.

Iowa State is a legit Sweet 16/elite 8 caliber team and they are 11-1 at home. Being able to go blow for blow with them showed me more than the Kansas and Baylor games. But like you said it would totally be us to lose to WV on the road. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I know it was a loss but I think the ISU game was actually our best performance out of these 3.

Iowa State is a legit Sweet 16/elite 8 caliber team and they are 11-1 at home. Being able to go blow for blow with them showed me more than the Kansas and Baylor games. But like you said it would totally be us to lose to WV on the road. 

I agree,  we played like ass against KU despite the win.  We actually played better against them at Allen Fieldhouse and should've come away with the win. 

Hook'em Horns! Thank you for curb stomping baylol on a hot streak  \m/

Apart from Texas throwing lobs for dunks at will and Febres 3's finally going in, another notable was actually in the name category: Flo Thamba... rhymes with a recent Texas phenom :)

Edited by VaLonghorn99
Added another sentence

15 hours ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

Hook'em Horns! Thank you for curb stomping baylol on a hot streak  \m/

Apart from Texas throwing lobs for dunks at will and Febres 3's finally going in, another notable was actually in the name category: Flo Thamba... rhymes with a recent Texas phenom :)

Killer observation in this four-page long thread, dude:

On 2/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, Katfid54 said:

How was Shaka not smart enough to think of giving him a fake mustache, calling him Flo Thamba, and trying to pretend that Mo Bamba is not also an NBA player? 

• Like 1