Game 23: Texas vs. Baylor, 7 PM, LHN

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

A little steep but, situationally, is the right spot for Texas.   Playing at home and has to win this game.  Baylor wants to. 

We'll see if that assumed sense of urgency translates tonight. 

I would normally be right there with you, I just hate playing a team that's in the form that Baylor is in. They've had the best offense in the conference during league play, and their one big weakness (3 point defense) happens to coincide with one of our big weaknesses. If Kerwin and Jase are shooting well then I think we probably will win the game, but short of us having two guys who are connecting tonight, I really don't like the matchup. 

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I would normally be right there with you, I just hate playing a team that's in the form that Baylor is in. They've had the best offense in the conference during league play, and their one big weakness (3 point defense) happens to coincide with one of our big weaknesses. If Kerwin and Jase are shooting well then I think we probably will win the game, but short of us having two guys who are connecting tonight, I really don't like the matchup. 

Osetkowski and Hayes should be able to do damage inside.  Obviously the latter, especially, needs to stay out of foul trouble. 

Best half of the season for Texas. Let's see if they can sustain that in the 2nd half. 

Texas has quietly been pretty good for a few games now. Beat Kansas (tourney team), almost beat ISU on the road (sweet 16/elite 8 type team), dominated Baylor in the 1st half (tourney team). 

The issue is consistency. Let's see if they can put another full game together. I still have my doubts. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Baylor can't guard us inside or defend our perimeter guys off the dribble. My guess is they start sagging a lot and they will live with us shooting wide open 3s. 

Good luck baiting this team into jacking up threes.

• Like 1