Bob Stoops to be HC for Dallas...XFL !

Bartles

20 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

This.  I mean, sure he’s Bob Stoops and eats bags of dicks, etc., but objectively he really should be above this.

True but considering Jimmy Johnson who had a much more successful coaching career did little dick commercials, coaching in the XFL isn't that bad in comparison.

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, skeeter said:

XFL ... ???ConcernedElatedGreatargus-small.gif

I used to watch Lingerie Football games because I am a dirty old bastard but after awhile I started to appreciate the actual game. It's actually a pretty decent 7on7 league with some skilled players. They have tried to move away from the stripper look and stopped using the word lingerie.

The Athletic article ($ub req) on Stoops hiring process (w/JR quotes) and mentions the XFL is holding a "research" league in Austin soon...

The hiring of Luck last June was the first sign that this wouldn’t be the old XFL with gimmick rules, an emphasis on violence and cheap entertainment over quality of play. On Thursday, Luck described the next steps for the league. The play clock will be shorter and there will be fewer timeouts and fewer play stoppages.

In December, the XFL partnered with Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and Pearl River Community College for three research and development sessions over potential rules. That research will continue in the spring with The Spring League, a small football league that will play in Austin, Texas. A final XFL rule book will be published in late December.

Luck also announced the XFL will have a draft and a supplemental draft, expected to happen in late summer or early fall. While the NFL doesn’t allow players fewer than three years out of college, the XFL has no such constraints, and Luck was honest about what the league could do. Still, those final decisions haven’t been made.

Edited by Bartles
Trying to fix link

On 2/6/2019 at 3:07 PM, NowThis said:

i thought the XFL died in the 90s. 

so Arena League, the new AAF and the XFL? How come i never see this on tv?

XFL existed for it's original single season in 2001.

AAF will be on CBS Sports, Arena Football doesn't get much love. Every now and then I'll see a game on CW. 

Why isn't Stoops getting the Urb treatment?

- Mixon breaks a girls face in a bar; "punishment" is taking making him take a red shirt suspending him for a year

- Baker runs away from cops on video

*literally out of nowhere*

'Oooooh muh health muh dad died coaching time to retire*

***2 year power gap***

'Great to be coaching again!'

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 2/8/2019 at 11:48 AM, NowThis said:
is Bob low on money? what's the motivation? A stepping stone to an NFL job? 

Waiting for that Cowboys job to open after this coming season, yo.

Though pacman is probably correct that he is tired of being around the wife 24/7. Believe me that shit gets old quick.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Jerry hire the guy. Sure, this XFL thing is a bullshit league, but it does put him in a situation where he ain’t recruiting. Only setting up how things are done. And allows him to be around players who are legally getting paid (albeit small amounts). Before turning him loose on an NFL team. Besides, how good does he really have to be to win more games then JG?

• 1 month later...

XFL Rules

The XFL's overtime rules are currently being tested in the Spring League. Luck said each team will have five opportunities to convert a two-point conversion in the overtime session. The defense would score one point with a turnover.

Forty-four players will be on the field at the same time in the overtime session, with both team's offenses and defenses on opposite ends of the field.

Yikes

On 2/8/2019 at 9:07 AM, Bartles said:

The Athletic article ($ub req) on Stoops hiring process (w/JR quotes) and mentions the XFL is holding a "research" league in Austin soon...

'no gimmick rules' 

6 minutes ago, texaslong said:

XFL Rules

The XFL's overtime rules are currently being tested in the Spring League. Luck said each team will have five opportunities to convert a two-point conversion in the overtime session. The defense would score one point with a turnover.

Forty-four players will be on the field at the same time in the overtime session, with both team's offenses and defenses on opposite ends of the field.

No gimmicks at all...

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

solving a problem that does not exist! I like the way these idiots think

Collegiate OT is an abortion. But this is seems like a massive over-correction. Just don't start teams in FG range. Push them out to the 50 or so.

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

XFL Rules

Yikes

Need to tweak it so if you return a turnover in OT it ends the game.  Because I want to see an intercepting defender weave through both the opposing offense and their defense at the other end of the field.  22 on 22.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

XFL already getting better TV deals than the AAF. ESPN, ABC, and Fox Sports have all signed on. Not surprised with Fox, considering Smackdown Live is moving to FS1 in the fall.

Interesting $$ arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...