2019 NFL Combine thread: Boyd, Davis, LJH, Omenihu, and Gary Johnson receive invites

Machinator

So who else was not invited this time around?

Anderson - I figured he'd get a look

Watson - same, figured he'd get a look

Wheeler - I get it

Hager - yeah, that makes sense

Vahe - yeah, that makes sense

Locke - I'm kind of surprised by this one, but not really

Rodriguez - That would have stunned me

I'm not looking at our 2018 depth chart. Is that everyone? Happy for the guys invited but I do feel like some of these other guys should get looks in the pro camps, Beck and Nelson included.

Just now, closetojumping said:

So who else was not invited this time around?

Anderson - I figured he'd get a look

Watson - same, figured he'd get a look

Wheeler - I get it

Hager - yeah, that makes sense

Vahe - yeah, that makes sense

Locke - I'm kind of surprised by this one, but not really

Rodriguez - That would have stunned me

I'm not looking at our 2018 depth chart. Is that everyone? Happy for the guys invited but I do feel like some of these other guys should get looks in the pro camps, Beck and Nelson included.

Heard is the only senior you missed. I wouldn't have expected him to get invited.

Nelson is the biggest snub, especially after an outstanding Shrine Game week. I posted a link to Matt Miller's mock draft in the other thread, which had him going in the 7th round, same with Beck.

I'm thinking that, just like Poona, if Nelson stays healthy and works hard, going UDFA may actually be advantageous, as he can get to that second contract more quickly. The guaranteed money in the late rounds is minimal, anyway.

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

AOC should adopt all of her brilliant social policies in her local district. Let’s see if those same 13000 woke NYers keep her in office when they have to live with her ignorance. 

Lots of embarrassed voters in Minn and Ny. 

Wrong board.

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

AOC should adopt all of her brilliant social policies in her local district. Let’s see if those same 13000 woke NYers keep her in office when they have to live with her ignorance. 

Stupid in more ways than one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

this is awesome jhahahahahhaha   def relevant,  Hager should starts 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

How are invites decided? Who makes the decision? Do teams all provide a wish list and the top x number get invites?

If so, I could see teams playing some games with their lists. They don’t want to put certain players on it that might fly under the radar.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

How are invites decided? Who makes the decision? Do teams all provide a wish list and the top x number get invites?

If so, I could see teams playing some games with their lists. They don’t want to put certain players on it that might fly under the radar.

http://www.nflcombine.net/faq/how-are-players-selected-for-the-nfl-combine/

1 minute ago, futureman said:

uh?  I was agreeing with you?

Sorry, I should have done a better job in my earlier post. So to be clear now:

• I loves me some AOC
  • Chicken Sandwich is dumb in many ways, but particularly in his CR gibberish about AOC
  • Futureman gonna Futureman
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Sorry, I should have done a better job in my earlier post. So to be clear now:

• I loves me some AOC
  • Chicken Sandwich is dumb in many ways, but particularly in his CR gibberish about AOC
  • Futureman gonna Futureman

negged.  take that shit to the cloak room, dickbreath. 

• Like 4

Lisfranc is no Bueno.  Wouldn't touch him until Day 3 of the draft, and maybe not even then.

For all you ever wanted to know about Lisfranc injuries but were afraid to ask...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281549/article/nfl-orthopedic-surgeon-lisfranc-foot-ailment-is-bizarre-injury

Edited by Message Board User

On 2/18/2019 at 3:14 PM, longhornmatt said:

That might be a blessing in disguise for Hollywood.  His draft hype is based on the idea that he’s one of the fastest WRs ever.  But I suspect if he were healthy and running the 40 at the combine it would be good but not some ridiculous 4.2 like Goodwin or Tavon Austin.  That OU offense had plenty to do with his separation.

and Bama shut him down

5 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

He looked terrible in the championship game 

He looked terrible against OU too. I see people saying he's the #1 S in the draft and some have mocked him in the top 15. I don't see it at all. A lot of Alabama safeties tend to be products of the system, and I think he's one of them. He was covered by good pass rush and the system all year, yet when they played an offense on the same talent level as their defense, he got exposed in space. I could see him being a total mess like HaHa Clinton Dix. 

On 2/14/2019 at 6:22 AM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

KENTUCKY?!?! with 8? OLE MISS with 9?!?!?

Why doesn't the NFL just hold a combine and then let the SEC hold their own combine?

Ole Miss, Kentucky, A&M, Auburn, Missouri... all with more invites than we have.

JFC you've got to be kidding me.

52 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

KENTUCKY?!?! with 8? OLE MISS with 9?!?!?

Why doesn't the NFL just hold a combine and then let the SEC hold their own combine?

Ole Miss, Kentucky, A&M, Auburn, Missouri... all with more invites than we have.

JFC you've got to be kidding me.

Ole Miss had some really good players - those guys are from that era when they were contending for #1 classes.

As for Kentucky... fuck if I know.

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ole Miss had some really good players - those guys are from that era when they were contending for #1 classes.

As for Kentucky... fuck if I know.

I had thought that all of Ole Miss' top players during the #1 team buying years had transferred.

I also understand that a mid-level team can have several NFL caliber players, they just have been poorly coached or couldn't make up for the bread on the squad. That being said, it still seems pretty odd that after the way Anderson & Watson performed in the Sugar Bowl that there wouldn't be enough interest in bringing them to the combine. I'm the most peeved about those two mainly because it doesn't reflect as well on us after they picked UT for their 5th year and then performed well, played for the conference championship and then were instrumental in a NY6 Bowl win.

I don't want a future RB transfer to look at the snub and think "maybe I should go somewhere else"... because we need an RB grad-transfer like no other top team in the country and we could certainly do with an OL grad-transfer as well. So basically I'm thinking about how this affects our efforts this spring and then I'm thinking about these guys. (I'm a little selfish.)

http://dailytexanonline.com/2019/02/24/texas-viewing-guide-to-the-nfl-combine

BIG WEEK --NFL Combine Starts Tuesday Feb 26th

When will players be participating at NFL Combine?

While the combine officially begins on Tuesday, on-field drills won’t start until Friday. Before getting their cleats in the turf, the participants will have to manage intense interviews, medical exams, measurements and the Wonderlic Personnel Test, a problem-solving intelligence exam used by employers.

Prospects are separated into their positional grouping, which will be their direct competition in the draft:

Friday, March 1: Running back, offensive line, special teams, Place kicker

Saturday, March 2: Quarterback, wide receiver, tight end

Sunday, March 3: Defensive line, linebacker

Monday, March 4: Defensive back

Humphrey will be running drills Saturday, Omenihu and Johnson on Sunday, and Boyd and Davis help wrap up the combine Monday.

Edited by LTtxfan