Boxer Brief Brand

I haven't found the perfect pair yet.  I started with Hanes/fruitoftheloom/dockers/gap cheapo boxer briefs.  I thought I found an answer to the "best underwear ever" with ex-officio givengo but ended up with jock itch.  Then I tried MeUndies.  I have tried den of thieves, champion performance stretch, champion power cool, champion lightweight mesh. and hanes comfort cool breathable mesh.  The two mesh styles seem to be the most comfortable and breathable.  Den of thieves wasn't bad.  A lot of the above had that nylon rubbing sound when I walk (around the house) in just my briefs.   I have some duluth trading company boxer briefs on the way.  

8 hours ago, chikin23 said:

Used Saxx, under armour, exofficio, etc.

Just curious, has anybody tried the Hanes Ultimate Ex Temp? Thoughts compared to the other brands?

I like the Hanes X temps ones. I bought them a year ago when I forgot to pack properly. They perform for me at least just as well as my '1%' brands.

8 hours ago, GottaB said:

I haven't found the perfect pair yet.  I started with Hanes/fruitoftheloom/dockers/gap cheapo boxer briefs.  I thought I found an answer to the "best underwear ever" with ex-officio givengo but ended up with jock itch.  Then I tried MeUndies.  I have tried den of thieves, champion performance stretch, champion power cool, champion lightweight mesh. and hanes comfort cool breathable mesh.  The two mesh styles seem to be the most comfortable and breathable.  Den of thieves wasn't bad.  A lot of the above had that nylon rubbing sound when I walk (around the house) in just my briefs.   I have some duluth trading company boxer briefs on the way.  

Which Duluth style did you go with?

1 hour ago, Chuychanga said:

Well, I don't want my jeans smelling like ballsack, taint sweat, and asshole.  

This doesn’t apply to me.

I only sweat when working out, or working in the yard.

People with ball sweat, taint sweat and ass stink problems need to see a doctor, and/or shit before taking a shower.

You nasty :)

12 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

I like the Champion brand from Costco.  They don't ride up on me like some of the pricier brands.  So far they've lasted well enough, too.

someone posted on shaggy that costco had exo packs for cheap. went to look but didn't have my size. anyway, did see they had their kirkland brand of 92% cotton, 8% elastane. was intrigued but again, not right size. anyone bought those? i'll see if i can find my other post on it from last board but meh, lazy.

On March 28, 2018 at 10:18 PM, GottaB said:

The Duluth commercials are funny. Haven't tried their drawers.

On March 29, 2018 at 7:11 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

MeUndies are the most comfortable underwear I’ve worn but the lack of a fly opening is irritating. Ex Officio is awesome for travel, but I don’t like the synthetic feel of the material. Champion was OK.

I’ve been thinking about buying some Duluth.

Don't think I've ever opened up the fly to take a leak

On 4/1/2018 at 8:24 AM, achooloco said:

someone posted on shaggy that costco had exo packs for cheap. went to look but didn't have my size. anyway, did see they had their kirkland brand of 92% cotton, 8% elastane. was intrigued but again, not right size. anyone bought those? i'll see if i can find my other post on it from last board but meh, lazy.

I've bought about 3 packs of the Kirkland brand and actually love them.  Breathable and the elastic hasn't been blown out yet (about 9 months in)

From the other board: 

This thread started me on a journey of “over the mountain v. through the gate” debates I didn’t even know existed and tons of other random $#@!. Have now bought Duluth regular cotton boxer briefs (B.B.), Duluth short cotton B.B., Duluth short B.B., ExOf boxers, ExOf B.B., Mack Weldon airknix B.B., Mack Weldon cotton B.B., tani silkcut boxers, and tani silkcut B.B.. I am going to buy the tani swisstouch B.B. and maybe one day the hanro sea island cotton B.B. but at $118 that’s ridiculous. Hell the prices for most of the ones I’ve bought are rather insane but I really want those tani swisstouch ones.

So first off, if you’re gay or have a lot of female friends, tell them all to go online underwear shopping for men. Abs and schlongs on every damn pic. NTTIAWWT but from a “will that fit me?” Perspective, does make one wonder about unreal body type image arguments; but that’s a discussion for the CR or bada. Second, Duluth runs long, least it did for me and I’m a Manlet at 5’7”. Their regular cotton B.B. was down to my knees but their “short“ versions are just right/on par with ExOf and Mack Weldon. 

I really like the ExOf slightly over Duluth but both well constructed, keep everything tight, they stretch to form but don’t feel stretched out nor do they pinch too much down at the bottom of the thigh (Duluth a little actually; nothing egregious but you’ll notice when you first put them on and forget about it soon after). The Mack Weldon airknix feels more loose on the waist band in a weird way but still form fitting but comes in third after Duluth. Not bad but just not as good as the other two and definitely more expensive by like 8-10 bucks if I remember correctly.

The Mack Weldon regular cotton B.B. are fine, no complaints and patterns are nice. But the tani air modal... wow. I had reservations about “silk” like material because way back in hs I tried some silk underwear and just didn’t like them. Guess I should give them a try but both the tani silkcut styles are hands down the best. They have “deals” often too but still cost between $20-45 for the B.B.. But they are soft as hell, don’t make me overheat, and I don’t notice them at all during the day. The boxers are “slim” so essentially just like the B.B. but they got a $#@! hole instead so guess it just comes down to whether you are a through the gate man or not. 

Finally, I might buy a pair or two more of Duluth or ExOf for working out or whatever, but gonna load up on tani silkcut unless the swisstouch can be justified; at $65 they better be mind $#@!ing blowing. I get my laundry sent out (not rich just that I live in nyc and have no washer/dryer) but it has been about 5 months for the oldest pair of ExOf and Duluth pairs and they have held up well. No clue what temp or gentle cycles the Mexican/Asian ladies use but I should ask now that I think about it.

Just gave my first pair of ExOf mesh sports a wear, and those are the leader in the clubhouse for me.  Just not sure they are worth $25-$30 a piece.  The Champion cool ones from Target are second.  Pair of Thieves suck shit through a straw in my opinion

On 4/4/2018 at 8:35 PM, Spur08 said:

I've bought about 3 packs of the Kirkland brand and actually love them.  Breathable and the elastic hasn't been blown out yet (about 9 months in)

+1 Just bought a pack of these to try out as well.  I like them better than the Champions that were also purchased at Costco.  Fit is good, elastic is more comfortable...all around good underwear and you can't beat the price.

Buck Naked performance boxer briefs

I’ve had these for about a week. I like them.

They are looser than or not as tight on the thigh other boxer briefs like meundies or den of thieves or even ex officio. Even champion mesh boxer briefs hug tighter in the legs.

Very comfortable.

• 3 years later...

3 year bump. I'm in the market again

I don't mind my Kirkland brand as every day wear but I need something that is more summer and/or work out friendly as my ball stench/swamp ass gets otherworldly at times. I also must have a power stance when I take a dump bc the elastic waistband gets blown out after 6-10 months.

Any new recs?

Must haves:

1. Comfort (No crowding)
2. Breathability
3. Durability

Because I have come to like all-poly shirts for workouts and exercise, I took a flyer on some "coolmax" type poly BB from Hanes.  Pretty good, really.

HOWEVER, the finish on the fabric is very smooth, slick.  This makes synthetic shorts slide down over my ass like nobody's business, particularly when riding the bike.  This effect extends to a lesser extent to jeans and khakis and can be kind of bad with wool dress trousers, except first the shirt untucks.

I went on a quest for other "coolmax" type underpants with a "mesh" or textured knit.  Found some New Balance that are pretty nice.  Wider waistband, but shorter leg and no trap door.

I've been happy with Uniqlo, they have low and standard rise and make them in cotton or in their wicking microfiber AIRism (scroll to bottom for AIRism). No fly flap if that's something you need.

I also have the same complaint that the microfiber fabrics are too smooth and shirts untuck easily.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men/underwear-and-socks/underwear

Apparently Slorch's boyfriend doesn't mind the smell of his taint.  

I played golf in some Puma mostly-poly blend today (another Costco purchase) and it just trapped in the sweat and was close to giving me a rash.  I've gone the ExOfficio route and those stretched out in about 4 months.  I don't quite know what I'm looking for but maybe commando is on the table....or I'll be a grab bag of boxer briefs and do a trial run with a bunch of brands.