Jeff Bezos and the National Enquirer

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I remember him in the public access days, and shilling his book around town.   He used to scream just as much in person 10 years ago at bookstores as he does on video now   

He got a helluva lot of attention with the Bohemian Grove stunt.   That seemed to have put him on the map in the conspiracy community in a big way.  And this was years after he became friends with people like Joe Rogan, and it was before 9/11. 

As @bolverk mentioned, when the InfoWars crowd embraced Ron Paul, or when Ron Paul embraced InfoWars (and Prison Planet), that seemed to be some kind of turning point where he got really big and grew out of the Bohemian Grove and 9/11 crowd.   It was like the perfect overlap for those two groups (who seemed to become one and the same).  He really tapped into the libertarian streak.

I know you want to find Russians everywhere, but if there was any Russian stuff, it happened much later in his career.  Much, much later, well after he got a prominent national following.  He was taking advantage of an audience who has always been there, and gave them a voice.  He also rode the prepper wave during Obama’s administration.   Lot of money there   

If you want to investigate conspiracy theories behind Jones, ask yourself why he went off the rails with Sandy Hook and went after the parents.  Out of all of the crazy shit in his career, that was a defining moment for me.  That’s when he put his little empire in legal and financial jeopardy.   People around him knew he was going to far.  Hell, Joe Rogan has talked about how it was a turning point and how somebody should have told Jones to knock it off. 

And even after it became clear that Jones was looking at legal/financial challenges after Sandy Hook, he would not back down, and in fact extended it with the Parkland nonsense.  He even physically confronted the twitter CEO in D.C. last year,, somebody who had been somewhat of a shield for him.  

It’s like Jones wanted the Sandy Hook lawsuits, wanted to get booted off of twitter, YouTube, etc.  

if he drops Sandy Hook when he started getting serious pushback, and if he never applies the Sandy Hook model to the Parkland teens (aka the “crisis actor” bullshit), his empire would be fully intact right now on all of his former platforms.  

You want something interesting to look at Hugo, figure out why Jones was willing to toss everything away over Sandy Hook and Parkland.  .  Nobody cared about all of his Clinton conspiracies, or his “9/11 was an inside job” nonsense, etc. etc.   Attacking the parents of dead little kids, and then going after the Parkland survivors was the final straw.  His Icarus moment.  

So, you're saying NRA money was his downfall?

On 2/8/2019 at 8:18 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I remember him in the public access days, and shilling his book around town.   He used to scream just as much in person 10 years ago at bookstores as he does on video now   

He got a helluva lot of attention with the Bohemian Grove stunt.   That seemed to have put him on the map in the conspiracy community in a big way.  And this was years after he became friends with people like Joe Rogan, and it was before 9/11. 

As @bolverk mentioned, when the InfoWars crowd embraced Ron Paul, or when Ron Paul embraced InfoWars (and Prison Planet), that seemed to be some kind of turning point where he got really big and grew out of the Bohemian Grove and 9/11 crowd.   It was like the perfect overlap for those two groups (who seemed to become one and the same).  He really tapped into the libertarian streak.

I know you want to find Russians everywhere, but if there was any Russian stuff, it happened much later in his career.  Much, much later, well after he got a prominent national following.  He was taking advantage of an audience who has always been there, and gave them a voice.  He also rode the prepper wave during Obama’s administration.   Lot of money there   

If you want to investigate conspiracy theories behind Jones, ask yourself why he went off the rails with Sandy Hook and went after the parents.  Out of all of the crazy shit in his career, that was a defining moment for me.  That’s when he put his little empire in legal and financial jeopardy.   People around him knew he was going to far.  Hell, Joe Rogan has talked about how it was a turning point and how somebody should have told Jones to knock it off. 

And even after it became clear that Jones was looking at legal/financial challenges after Sandy Hook, he would not back down, and in fact extended it with the Parkland nonsense.  He even physically confronted the twitter CEO in D.C. last year,, somebody who had been somewhat of a shield for him.  

It’s like Jones wanted the Sandy Hook lawsuits, wanted to get booted off of twitter, YouTube, etc.  

if he drops Sandy Hook when he started getting serious pushback, and if he never applies the Sandy Hook model to the Parkland teens (aka the “crisis actor” bullshit), his empire would be fully intact right now on all of his former platforms.  

You want something interesting to look at Hugo, figure out why Jones was willing to toss everything away over Sandy Hook and Parkland.  .  Nobody cared about all of his Clinton conspiracies, or his “9/11 was an inside job” nonsense, etc. etc.   Attacking the parents of dead little kids, and then going after the Parkland survivors was the final straw.  His Icarus moment.  

Some fuckers just have a self destructive bent. Jones reminds me of a few I have known and I've kept up with Jones since 94. 

My question would be how Michael Sanchez got hold of these texts/emails.

And about Michael Sanchez AKA The Worst Brother Ever-

Gavin de Becker, the Amazon chief’s longtime personal security consultant and the point person for the investigation, confirmed to The Daily Beast on Wednesday that his probe has scrutinized Michael Sanchez, the brother of Bezos mistress Lauren Sanchez and a personal and business associate of Trumpworld figures including Roger Stone, Carter Page, and Scottie Nell Hughes.

Michael Sanchez’s name bubbled up on the British celebrity news and gossip website Popbitch last week in the context of the Enquirer story. Stone also mentioned Sanchez in an interview with conspiracy theory site Infowars on Wednesday that sought to preempt The Daily Beast’s reporting by falsely claiming that it would accuse him of conspiring with the Trump administration to hack Bezos’ phone.

By his own account, Sanchez is not your typical conservative. He’s described himself as “a gay man, a Hispanic, a West Hollywood homeowner and strong supporter of Trump.” He appears to share Trump’s antipathy to significant segments of the political press, occasionally using his Twitter account to deride “fake news” critical of the president.

Stone confirmed his association with Sanchez in text messages with The Daily Beast on Wednesday evening. “I do know Michael Sanchez—very good guy,” he wrote. Stone proceeded to deny that he hacked Bezos’ phone. When The Daily Beast pointed out that it had never suggested or asked if he had, Stone replied, “You are busted. You are not a journalist. No one believes anything you write.”

According to documents reviewed by The Daily Beast, Stone and Sanchez were in touch about the National Enquirer story in the days after it ran—and in the days before Stone was arrested by the FBI and charged with seven criminal counts related to the federal investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Those documents show that Sanchez was also in contact with another figure caught up in the Russia investigations, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page.

Page told The Daily Beast that he and Sanchez have a personal and professional relationship. “Michael is a friend and his agency, Axis Management, has represented me in the past,” he said in a text message. Page also said that Sanchez had “arranged my appearance at Politicon in L.A. last October.” Page declined to go into further detail when asked about the last time that he spoke to Sanchez.

AMI has previously refused to identify the source of the texts, but a lawyer for the company strongly hinted at Sanchez’s role during a Sunday morning interview on ABC.

“The story was given to the National Enquirer by a reliable source that had given information to the National Enquirer for seven years prior to this story. It was a source that was well known to both Mr. Bezos and Ms. Sanchez,” attorney Elkan Abramowitz told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos.

Asked directly whether Sanchez was the source, Abramowitz said, “I can’t discuss who the source was. It’s confidential within AMI.”

Documents reviewed by The Daily Beast show that Michael Sanchez believed the Enquirer pursued its story about Bezos with “President Trump's knowledge and appreciation”—a chase encouraged, in Sanchez’s estimation, by Republican operatives “who THINK Jeff gets up every morning and has a WaPo meeting to plot its next diabolical attack on President Trump.”

He certainly was a reliable and public supporter of the president. “For anyone too stupid or too bitter to admit Mueller’s pack of @POTUS-hating @TheDemocrats is leading an out-of-control witch hunt, read about @jerome_corsi," Sanchez wrote in a more-or-less typical tweet. “Muellerism = McCarthyism.”

According to the Washington Post, Sanchez said he had heard from AMI staffers that the tabloid operation was in the middle of “a takedown to make Trump happy.”

And a tweet from Sanchez from 1/31/19 is certainly interesting knowing what we know now.

• Like 2

Stone proceeded to deny that he hacked Bezos’ phone. When The Daily Beast pointed out that it had never suggested or asked if he had, Stone replied, “You are busted. You are not ajournalist. No one believes anything you write.”

oh Roger. 

6 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

It would appear swamp draining isn't going so well. Everyone involved with trump seems to end up being a piece of shit.

Dumbass grifters who thought they could use the power of the executive branch to go after their enemies.  "Well Trump is President, no way I'll get in trouble for it." 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tucker said:

1234. What siblings show each other their text messages of their affair in addition to one that are sexts?

"Hey bro, do you think this pic will get her wet?"

"Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice cock, bro." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

It would appear swamp draining isn't going so well. Everyone involved with trump seems to end up being a piece of shit.

I'd also add these grifters so believed the Fox News "Obama used the executive branch/IRS to go after conservative enemies, so we can use it to go after our enemies."

The irony will be so delicious if Fox News made these individuals believe they could get away with it and they don't. 

1234. What siblings show each other their text messages of their affair in addition to one that are sexts?

I wonder if it’s something as dumb as sharing an iCloud account or cell phone plan.

Or it could be like that dude that wrote the new Trump book - he watched KellyAnne Conway leak stuff to reporters in real time because he was using her laptop and she was texting on her iPhone. And they were both signed into iMessage, so he could see everything as she typed it.

This feels like another time where Trump asked a lackey to do something illegal for him and left them hanging in the wind. Cohen on a bigger scale, if you will. All we need is a reveal of involvement, to be followed by a tweeted insult and the cycle will be complete.

Would be funny if Bezos bought AMI, and began putting out National Enquirer issues about how crazy Trump is, how fake his hair is, how his companies employ illegal immigrants, how he’s cheated on his wives, etc. etc. just for the Trumpkins to see it on their trips to Wally World.  
That's exactly what I was thinking.

• 1 month later...

I would be wrong to imply that the Enquirer hasn’t evolved since the ’90s, because it has. The tabloid and its chairman have evolved into secretly entangling with a nation-state that’s using its enormous resources to harm American citizens and companies. And now they’ve evolved into trying to strong-arm an American citizen whom that country’s leadership wanted harmed, compromised, and silenced.

As for the Saudi side of the equation: Not only does the kingdom have a close alliance with AMI—which owns the Enquirer, Us Weekly, the Star, Globe, Radar Online, and many other publications—but the Saudis have pursued investmentsand partnerships involving Rolling Stone, Variety, Deadline, the Robb Report, and National Geographic, among others.

Unlike these publications, it’s clear that MBS considers the Washington Post to be a major enemy. Saudi Arabia is hardly the first repressive regime that seeks total control of the news media in its own country. Wanting to control the media in the United States—and using any means to do so—will hopefully prove to be an overreach.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeff-bezos-investigation-finds-the-saudis-obtained-his-private-information?ref=scroll

• 8 months later...