Jeff Bezos and the National Enquirer

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It will be interesting to see if he in fact has nothing to lose.  There will be political alignment going on resulting in trumpkins boycotting amazon. 

Trumpkins were already supposed to be boycotting Amazon over the Washington Post’s coverage of Trump.  

Interesting direction for this to go...

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/429085-reporter-bezos-investigator-believes-government-entity-may-have-obtained

Because yeah, it's possible that bezos got hacked, but I really REALLY doubt that AMI could have done that. This really could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I wonder if anyone will ask Whittaker about it this morning 

14 hours ago, immamac said:

So Jeff Bezos just confirmed how fucking retarded he is? 

I don't think I've seen it answered yet. @immamac, what do you mean by this? Are we talking in regards to the pictures or the way he is currently handling it now? Pictures - yeah, fucked up. Handling it now - like a boss.

2 hours ago, yaqdum said:

heh.

donald trump pretending to be a president.  national enquirer pretending to be a news source.

i've lived too long.

It's almost like some sort of metaphysical cosmic joke bending in on itself, like the 4th wall has not only been pierced but dissolved completely. 

I received a notification from Amazon that my subscription to the National Enquirer could not be processed but that my account will be credited. 

7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

a thought:  Lindsay Graham making a radical pro Trump turnabout after a golf cart ride could have nothing to do with what Putin has on him, but what Pecker does.

In thinking about it, this makes so much more sense than Russians being involved.  

Given their history with Trump, the nature of their business, Trump being comfortable with threatening people, what has been revealed in court, etc. - if anybody was going to have blackmail material readily available, it would be them. 

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In thinking about it, this makes so much more sense than Russians being involved.  

Given their history with Trump, the nature of their business, Trump being comfortable with threatening people, what has been revealed in court, etc. - if anybody was going to have blackmail material readily available, it would be them. 

I am not sure it is mutually exclusive (either or Russians/AMI)

Edited by A-Tex Devil

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A current theory is Saudi intelligence.

Heard that discussed on NPR -- not a bad theory.  The Enquirer has published some fawning pieces on the crown prince recently, and WAPO and the Saudis are currently aligned as enemies after the Khashoggi murder.  Wouldn't that be peachy....the Enquirer is both an arm of the current president (the level of coordination and cooperation between them effectively establishes them as a joint enterprise) AND of a hostile foreign state.

If that's the way it shakes out, Jesus.  We're living in an absurd cartoon.

4 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It will be interesting to see if he in fact has nothing to lose.  There will be political alignment going on resulting in trumpkins boycotting amazon. 

Damn, no more aluminum siding shipments to Mississippi.  I think Amazon will be okay, tho.

Heard that discussed on NPR -- not a bad theory.  The Enquirer has published some fawning pieces on the crown prince recently, and WAPO and the Saudis are currently aligned as enemies after the Khashoggi murder.  Wouldn't that be peachy....the Enquirer is both an arm of the current president (the level of coordination and cooperation between them effectively establishes them as a joint enterprise) AND of a hostile foreign state.
If that's the way it shakes out, Jesus.  We're living in an absurd cartoon.

Was starting to post all of this. Not to mention intelligence that the Crown Prince said he would use a bullet on Khashoggi came out yesterday. AMI gets money from the Saudi’s and would it surprise anyone if Trump has been paying AMI as well?

The thing I don’t get is Pecker was supposedly cooperating with Mueller as well. Why expose yourself more with all of these revelations?

9 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am not sure it is mutually exclusive (either or Russians/AMI)

Definite possibility. Daddy Putin is ultimately calling the shots. Like Cheeto, he may not have explicity told his orangeness to blackmail Graham. Just "take care of the GOP senators however you need to do it." Sadly, the POTUS is familiar with using American media to silence and intimidate other Americans.

15 hours ago, Lurch said:

Lawyer:

Just a side note.  Every single one of the states has a similar provision in its criminal/penal code.  What in the name of all that's holy creates any sort of federal interest in prosecuting or punishing such a crime?  Transmission in interstate commerce?  JFC.

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

I don't think I've seen it answered yet. @immamac, what do you mean by this? Are we talking in regards to the pictures or the way he is currently handling it now? Pictures - yeah, fucked up. Handling it now - like a boss.

There’s a decent chance this doesn’t play out as well as Bezos plans. Could be some unintended consequences. 

19 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Was starting to post all of this. Not to mention intelligence that the Crown Prince said he would use a bullet on Khashoggi came out yesterday. AMI gets money from the Saudi’s and would it surprise anyone if Trump has been paying AMI as well?

The thing I don’t get is Pecker was supposedly cooperating with Mueller as well. Why expose yourself more with all of these revelations?

Yes, it would surprise me if Trump was paying anyone other than his mistresses. 

And it may turn out that Pecker isn't a particularly bright man. 

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

There’s a decent chance this doesn’t play out as well as Bezos plans. Could be some unintended consequences. 

Clearly the better approach would have been to allow himself to be blackmailed.

Jesus, you Trump idiots are such a fucking beating.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Clearly the better approach would have been to allow himself to be blackmailed.

Jesus, you Trump idiots are such a fucking beating.

No, let them print your dick pics. Come out and say, “hey those were private pictures, isn’t this terrible that this can happen to people?” Then move on. It’s not about Trump, numbnuts.  

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Such as? 

So your theory is anything can happen. Noted. 

I don’t know. We don’t know everything about Bezos, but if you really believe there’s a chance somebody bigger is behind this (Trump, or NSA, or Saudi intelligence) then you have to question the value of tangling with them directly even if you’re one of the richest men in the world.

He’s currently involved in a complicated divorce.  He wouldn’t be the first highly successful person to make some big missteps in the midst of that happening. 

Just now, GRHorn said:

No, let them print your dick pics. Come out and say, “hey those were private pictures, isn’t this terrible that this can happen to people?” Then move on. It’s not about Trump, numbnuts.  

Please explain how this is the better approach? So in both cases, the world finds out about his dick picks, but in your scenario the blackmail and extortion remains secret. And that's better how?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Ok, I'll play.

What do you think are the chances? 80%? 50%? 10%?

What are some of those unintended consequences? How would those consequences harm him more than it would harm (or even help) the Enquirer?

You're just slinging generic bullshit now, imo. Like a consultant that just copies some template and attempts to fit it with the business. I.e., not much independent, critical thought involved.

• Like 1

If I'm the richest man in the world, and it's wrong to fuck hot women and send dick pics to any woman I want.... then I don't want to be right.

Honestly, if I owned Amazon, I would have my full frontal dic pic on every Amazon package that goes out.  I would make everyone stare at my dic pic before getting to play with the cheap Chinese shit you just bought.  I would also rename Alexa to "Horn Dog's Dick"  just to remind everyone who is in charge.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Please explain how this is the better approach? So in both cases, the world finds out about his dick picks, but in your scenario the blackmail and extortion remains secret. And that's better how?

You, and your ventures escape further scrutiny. If Jeff is squeaky clean then sure there’s much less risk in directly engaging the AMI and all these other scumbags. 

If you really suspect there’s something bigger behind it, then you’re opening up Pandora’s box by antagonizing them. 

7 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Ok, I'll play.

What do you think are the chances? 80%? 50%? 10%?

What are some of those unintended consequences? How would those consequences harm him more than it would harm (or even help) the Enquirer?

You're just slinging generic bullshit now, imo. Like a consultant that just copies some template and attempts to fit it with the business. I.e., not much independent, critical thought involved.

I cant pick a percentage because I don’t know all the details of his life and business or who’s pulling the strings on other side. 

As far as consequences, could some improper activity be uncovered at his businesses (Amazon or the WP), could some other large private bugaboo come up?  If you really think govts could be involved why would you invite a spotlight put over every aspect of your life?  

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Foosters said:

It's better for GRHorn's world view. Keeps it nice and tidy, not that he would consider any evidence that contradicts it anyway. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You, and your ventures escape further scrutiny. If Jeff is squeaky clean then sure there’s much less risk in directly engaging the AMI and all these other scumbags. 

If you really suspect there’s something bigger behind it, then you’re opening up Pandora’s box by antagonizing them. 

I cant pick a percentage because I don’t know all the details of his life and business or who’s pulling the strings on other side. 

As far as consequences, could some improper activity be uncovered at his businesses (Amazon or the WP), could some other large private bugaboo come up?  If you really think govts could be involved why would you invite a spotlight put over every aspect of your life?  

Jesus Christ. Of course Bezos isn't squeaky clean.

You're nothing more than a troll.

• Like 1

Aside from the admission that the pictures are real and the possibility if they are released people might laugh at them. I see no other downside in Bezos calling them out. None. 

He gets out ahead of any story, calls their bluff, and makes them defend their actions all the while still being the richest guy on the planet. 

Please tell me what I'm missing? 

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It's better for GRHorn's world view. Keeps it nice and tidy, not that he would consider any evidence that contradicts it anyway. 

What on Earth are you talking about?

8 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Jesus Christ. Of course Bezos isn't squeaky clean.

You're nothing more than a troll.

Everyone was falling over themselves to say how smart he was for handling things this way. I said essentially it wasn’t a given that it’ll work out like he plans. Nothing political to it. That makes me a troll I guess? 

It will be interesting to follow for sure. 

Just now, Asithappens said:

Do people really think that the public will turn on Bezos b/c he sent a dick pic? Or think he's a retard b/c of it? 

Unbelievable. 

Who thinks the public will turn on him because of that?

I don’t necessarily think he’s a retard, but let’s just say his OpSec could use some work.