Better Call Saul (FX)

NoRagrets

I liked where Season 3 ended. Not going to give any spoilers away here, but I really enjoyed the evolution of the interactions between Chuck and Jimmy. Based on the events ending the season, I guess we'll see the rise of Saul Goodman with the upcoming fixture.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bamachine said:

Goddammit, I need it now. All of my shows are either ending for good or for this season. I need something to bridge the gap until football season.

How many of the following have you seen in its entirety:

Game of Thrones

Mad Men

Lost

The Wire

Community 

Parks n Rec

Bob’s Burgers

The Office

VEEP

Always Sunny

^^^ I’d recommend bingeing one or more of those shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

How many of the following have you seen in its entirety:

Game of Thrones- Yes

Mad Men- No

Lost- No

The Wire- Yes

Community- Yes

Parks n Rec- Yes

Bob’s Burgers- Some

The Office- Yes

VEEP- Yes

Always Sunny- Yes

^^^ I’d recommend bingeing one or more of those shows.

Answers provided above. Mad Men and Lost never seemed to appeal to me. Figured I would eventually get around to giving them a shot, maybe.

3 hours ago, bamachine said:

Answers provided above. Mad Men and Lost never seemed to appeal to me. Figured I would eventually get around to giving them a shot, maybe.

Mad Men is great. I binged the entire series a year or two ago in a couple of months. I couldn't stop once I started. I still need to start back up The Wire again. 

6 hours ago, bamachine said:

Lost started a little slow for me, but once it got going there’s never been a show that I’ve binged harder. The best episodes of Lost (Through the Looking Glass, The Constant) are up there with the best episodes of TV I’ve ever seen (Crawl Space, Battle of the Bastards, etc).

Edited by Goo Punch

I never watched Lost. Not sure why. But at this point I never have tried to watch/binge it because I heard it turned ridiculous and the last few seasons went to dog shit. Is that truth? For example, if I would have known how the last couple of season of SoA went and how absurd they got, I never would have invested the time. And I really enjoyed a couple of the early seasons of that show. 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

I never watched Lost. Not sure why. But at this point I never have tried to watch/binge it because I heard it turned ridiculous and the last few seasons went to dog shit. Is that truth? For example, if I would have known how the last couple of season of SoA went and how absurd they got, I never would have invested the time. And I really enjoyed a couple of the early seasons of that show. 

I just went back and checked out what I wrote about it on Shaggy, and I said, “...the show was a helluva lot better start to finish than anyone gives it credit for.” I had just finished bingeing the entire series between August and September of last year (had never seen it before). In all honesty I think it was great that so many publicly negative opinions made me wait all that time to watch it- having a show that awesome to binge front to back like that was amazing. Like I said, it didn’t blow me away at first, and it’s not my no.1 all time show, but it’s up there. In fact I started watching it again for the second time last week and I’m 7 episodes in and looking forward to the second time through.

/thread derail over 

• Like 1

Funny GP I just came back here to check the thread to see if anyone answered because I was going to start watching it regardless. I thought Game 2 of the NBA Finals was tonight and the SCF isn't holding my interest. So screw it, I'm gonna start Lost. Thanks for the response. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Hated the ending of lost. Hated that I spent so much time on it and then had it end the way it did. But enjoy the ride. I'm not that kind of person. I need closure.

This is me as well. Loved Lost. Hated how they ended it. Felt like they really let everyone down by not figuring out where they were going with the storyline (pretty sure they had a plan in mind and when the internet figured out that plan early on in the series they tried to divert it, only to go back to it, and it all got shitty). 

Total thread hijack, sorry. I watched the first two episodes of Lost. It was ok. My takeaway is - and I'm probably like 12 years late on this take - holy fuckin baby jesus and mohammed, I would cut off multiple appendages other than the main one in order to spend some time with this. 

468e958cb8f495a7139614adbc4f1822--evange

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Total thread hijack, sorry. I watched the first two episodes of Lost. It was ok. My takeaway is - and I'm probably like 12 years late on this take - holy fuckin baby jesus and mohammed, I would cut off multiple appendages other than the main one in order to spend some time with this. 

468e958cb8f495a7139614adbc4f1822--evange

if you don't like episode 4 you may as well stop watching.  but you should like episode 4.

On 6/2/2018 at 6:13 PM, Baboontyme said:

It had an unsatisfactory ending and a lot of people took that shit very personally.  That doesn't change the fact that it was a great show for 98% of its run.  Ben Linus has to be in the top 10 of greatest TV show villains.  I'm very sure you'll enjoy it.  And yes, dirty island Kate is best Kate.

16 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I'm not saying I didn't like it but are you sure Episode 4 was the one you meant to mention? The whole Locke thing? I mean a bit intriguing but nothing that has me blown away or anything. 

Give it time. Some of the absolute most memorable characters of any show ever haven’t even appeared yet, and others are right in front of you, the show just isn’t far enough along yet for you to know it. Trust me, it gets a lot better. Think of the next 4 seasons of the show as a snowball rollin down a hill, and episode 4 as the moment it started rolling.

I’ve watched LOST twice through and will likely watch it again.  So much crap you pick up on re-watching.  Like watching Lebowski over and over only to watch for minute facial expressions.  Always something new.   Ending was frustrating, but was probably better than some deride it for.  It got personal with many people