"Secret" fast food menu items

Butch Had Not

Can you order that by name at most WBs, or do you have to ask for a number one with chicken patty and fried egg?

It will depend on the help. The one time I saw it ordered in the wild the friend I was with said something like “give me the Whatafarm”. Chick at the register was confused so he started to break it down and she was still confused. Then older manager type came over and knew exactly what he wanted “oh he just wants a Whatafarm” and he punched it in for her.

It will depend on the help. The one time I saw it ordered in the wild the friend I was with said something like “give me the Whatafarm”. Chick at the register was confused so he started to break it down and she was still confused. Then older manager type came over and knew exactly what he wanted “oh he just wants a Whatafarm” and he punched it in for her.
Seems like a typical WB ordering experience.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Starbucks has a cup size called a “Short” that’s 8oz and not on the menu despite it being the size of your traditional standard coffee mug.  It’s usually about a $1.50 for a cup. 

Yup - A short latte is my go to because it's not as diluted with milk as the tall.

The sleeves dont fit, so you have to double up short cups so you dont burn your hand.

Edited by smoky

16 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Apparently this is a Torchy's secret menu. I want to try the hillbilly style. 

Vfj-CG7l-d.jpg

16 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

I want to try all of them.

Pretty much this

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Ace of Spades, please.

But my first would be The Matador. And I wouldn't ask for any prizes for filling out the Bingo card.

Any restaurant worth a damn should be able to make whatever off-menu.  It just takes creative management.  I did 2 years at Wendy's in high school and we'd make custom orders all the time -- "oh, you want me to chicken fry a burger patty?  OK, it might suck, but here you go".  "You want half Frosty, half Coca-Cola, like a float?  OK, here you go."  The manager just had to decide on the price and we rang it up under "miscellaneous".

19 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Vfj-CG7l-d.jpg

Missionary style green chile pork is the best taco they make.  1 of those bad boys is enough.  Wife likes the Mad Cow, but the consistency in fajita serving varies wildly location to location.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Vfj-CG7l-d.jpg

If you order the hipster you have to go complain about the taco after you get it. Not demand a refund, just bring it to their attention that it wasn't the way you wanted and sulk away after saying "nah it's fine man. whatever"

Also, at P. Terry's, get a side of special sauce for the fries. Or 2. Or 3. It's free, comes in a convenient container, and when paired with their fries results in something close to crack. 

Another P. Terry's tip: the chicken sandwiches come with American swiss, which is better than the cheese they put on their burgers. So when you get a cheeseburger, sub swiss cheese. (trust me on this one)

For parents - Apparently at CFA if you order the fruit cup for your kids, you can specify what fruit you want/don't want. So if you have a young toddler who can't eat apples yet, you can get all blueberries and strawberries. Or you can do only oranges. I've never done it but it's come up in conversation with parents who have. 

But that shouldn't be a surprise, CFA really goes out of their way for you, especially if you have kids in tow.

"My Pleasure..."

On 2/9/2019 at 7:01 PM, abuelo gringo said:

Can you order that by name at most WBs, or do you have to ask for a number one with chicken patty and fried egg?

I purchased a whatafarm at a what a burger built into a gas station. I ordered by name but they just stared at me. I went on to describe my order in detail. The biggest catch for the manager was that they had stopped making breakfast and i needed an egg, something about the griddle. They made it and they all came out and looked at me. There were three of us. In addition to the japs comment above, we also added fries. One got the fish on it as well.

• Like 1

I still remember the 50 year old manager on the griddle screaming to the cashier “he wants the egg on what”? As directions were relayed from cashier back he through his hands in the air. The air was tense, we were all standing within five feet of one another and he was actually looking at me (again gas station what a burger). Thing cost me like $11.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

I still remember the 50 year old manager on the griddle screaming to the cashier “he wants the egg on what”? As directions were relayed from cashier back he through his hands in the air. The air was tense, we were all standing within five feet of one another and he was actually looking at me (again gas station what a burger). Thing cost me like $11.

There's nothing quite like making Aggies do our bidding.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

+1. Missionary is dine in only. Travels for shit. 

Yeah, but all Torchy's should be dine-in only.  I can't imagine eating any of their food after a car ride home.  I've got a method:

Step 1 - Go directly to bar.  Order beer/pegleg/Mexican Martini (based on whatever is on HH special that day).  Order queso at the same time.

Step 2 - Once queso arrives, order your tacos (and another drink if needed).

Step 3 - You should be just about finished with your chips and queso by the time the tacos arrive.

Step 4 - profit

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

Yeah, but all Torchy's should be dine-in only.  I can't imagine eating any of their food after a car ride home.  I've got a method:

Step 1 - Go directly to bar.  Order beer/pegleg/Mexican Martini (based on whatever is on HH special that day).  Order queso at the same time.

Step 2 - Once queso arrives, order your tacos (and another drink if needed).

Step 3 - You should be just about finished with your chips and queso by the time the tacos arrive.

Step 4 - profit

You don't pour queso on your taco? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

Every time I've tried to order an egg on a burger the cashiers either say they can't do it, or they have to go ask a manager, who looks pissed off, who then goes to tell the line cook, who also looks pissed off. I've only been successful once, and the yolk was cooked all the way through, making the whole ordeal kinda pointless. I also don't like pissing off the people that cook my food. 

The only secret menu item that I think is worth it is the Torchy's green chili missionary, which is, as others have noted, by far their best taco. Random "throw everything on a bun" items like the Whatafarm just have too much shit going on. The quarter lb big mac sounds good if i ever ate at mcdonalds. But I don't. Because Whataburger. 

• Like 1