Grammy's 2019

LTtxfan

Know most  aren't probably watching the Grammy's tonight, but the amount of estrogen flowing this year at Grammy Awards is suffocating...

Still don't understand why being a good guy in America became a bad thing....... smh

I know..... take it to a political board but DAMN the World is screwed up.....

Edited by LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, a woman is hosting so....

The Dolly portion was great. Kacey winning is good. Here's some dudes for you!

Not the best representation of Dolly's Best Songs, but really glad to see Grammy's recognize Dolly's achievements.  Most don't know that Dolly wrote the song  "I Will Always Love You" that Whitney Houston was famous for.

Edited by LTtxfan

When I was at the LSD Tour (Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, and Dwight Yoakum), I got on wikipedia and did some statistical checks:

Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, and Dwight Yoakum have a combined 49 grammy nominations and 8 grammy wins.

Taylor Swift has 10 grammy wins.

Taylor Swift is basically just the device through which the talent of 100 writers, producers, musicians, sound engineers, etc. is delivered. It's like someone giving out an award for the world's fastest jet and handing it to the dude who painted it. 

Also, Grammys don't mean shit. But I am glad they are expanding the Americana & regional genre awards.

Edited by Grandioso
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

When I was at the LSD Tour (Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, and Dwight Yoakum), I got on wikipedia and did some statistical checks:

Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, and Dwight Yoakum have a combined 49 grammy nominations and 8 grammy wins.

Taylor Swift has 10 grammys.

Taylor Swift is basically just the device through which the talent of 100 writers, producers, musicians, sound engineers, etc. is delivered. It's like someone giving out an award for the world's fastest jet and handing it to the dude who painted it. 

Great info.  Unfortunately today, the Grammy's is much more about politics with a much heavier liberal slant than ever before.....

It's a shame, because the most talented and best performers are often ignored at The Grammy's.

Edited by LTtxfan

Yeah, if Steve Earle were just more liberal, he'd get more awards. 

And if the Grammys are so liberal, tell me why a rap album has never won Album of the Year. Because Kendrick Lamar should've won last year over Bruno Mars. One might finally win this year but I will not be shocked if Brandi Carlile or  Kacey Musgraves wins. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I can't stand Alicia Keys.  Her playing is clunky and her singing is awful.  I don't get it.

Agreed.  She’s a motel lounge singer who got famous because she wrote a clumsy lyrical fellatio to the biggest, most self-congratulatory city in the country.  

Edited by BrickHorn

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, if Steve Earle were just more liberal, he'd get more awards. 

And if the Grammys are so liberal, tell me why a rap album has never won Album of the Year. Because Kendrick Lamar should've won last year over Bruno Mars. One might finally win this year but I will not be shocked if Brandi Carlile or  Kacey Musgraves wins. 

Don't confuse liberal with the best talent and performances.... Not even in the same dimension. 

A lot of tonite is a political show.....

Edited by LTtxfan

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I mean if you watch awards shows thrown by liberal organizations and get upset that there’s liberal programming on them, you only have yourself to blame. Music’s been pretty damn liberal for about 50 years.

Fair..... but really disappointed to see great artists get ignored for politics.  Also, you have to pay attention or liberty can be taken away quickly.

Newer artist overlooked tonight:

Girl Going Nowhere — Ashley McBryde

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, that J-Lo track is completely synched.  She's never sung like that in her life.

I hate this shit.  It's an awards show allegedly rewarding musicians, and they put celebrities on stage over true musicians.  Come on.

thanks for keeping it real.... outstanding

Well, Smokey is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest singers in pop history.  He's probably 80 years old and can still bring it.  Not like when he was young, but he's still a master.

I don't have a problem with celebrity, but sometimes "we" worship the wrong things.  Oh well, enjoy the show.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, Smokey is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest singers in pop history.  He's probably 80 years old and can still bring it.  Not like when he was young, but he's still a master.

I don't have a problem with celebrity, but sometimes "we" worship the wrong things.  Oh well, enjoy the show.

Smokey made Alicia look like a bad singer.  Smokey has still got IT......

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn...... H.E.R. won

Estrogen winning the night...... politics baby

And see, unlike you, I'm not going to jump to that conclusion because I haven't heard of her. It might be a great album. But don't feel too bad for poor Leon, he still took home a Grammy for Best Traditional R&B Performance.

Cardi B should not have won..... Travis Scott was the Shit.

Grammy's should be ashamed.   

Politics......Politics......Politics

Message tonight.... All About The Ladies

Btw.... Brandi Carlisle was AWESOME Tonight

Edited by LTtxfan

So you’re basically mad because more country artists aren’t winning?

have you even listened to cardi’s album?

and H.E.R. is one of the most popular new artists of the year. She does her own stuff

Edited by Pancho Negro