Pro-Life School Walkout

TahoeHorn

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/380656-students-for-life-backs-school-walkout-to-protest-abortion

A national anti-abortion organization is throwing its support behind a school walkout to protest abortion organized following nationwide walkouts over gun violence.

If you made decisions for a school system and had been stupid enough to tolerate the walkout to protest gun violence, how would you respond to this?

Do you only support  left-wing walkouts?  Do you come up with some silly rationale about why the school violence walkout deserved special treatment?  Do you tolerate any kind of walkout?  How do you undo your stupid precedent?

3 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/380656-students-for-life-backs-school-walkout-to-protest-abortion

If you made decisions for a school system and had been stupid enough to tolerate the walkout to protest gun violence, how would you respond to this?

Do you only support  left-wing walkouts?  Do you come up with some silly rationale about why the school violence walkout deserved special treatment?  Do you tolerate any kind of walkout?  How do you undo your stupid precedent?

Jesus, you're mad.

I think the tipping point has to do with number of students participating. At a certain point, a popular movement is unstoppable and the smart course of action is to take responsible action to minimize the negative effects. If 75% of your students are going to walk out for CauseX then it's smart to make sure that it all flows safely and with as little disruption as possible; probably even smart to work ahead of time with the organizers.

But if it's 1% of the kids? Then going the hard-ass route makes more sense from a simple numbers standpoint.

Or maybe it's a nationwide liberal conspiracy. 9_9

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

But if it's 1% of the kids? ...

:lol:

Dude, your school was different from mine.  If it means a sanctioned excuse to skip class I can't imagine the cause that couldn't get 20%.  I bet I could get 20% for the right to fuck donkeys.

Just now, TahoeHorn said:

:lol:

Dude, your school was different from mine.  If it means a sanctioned excuse to skip class I can't imagine the cause that couldn't get 20%.  I bet I could get 20% for the right to fuck donkeys.

I think kids are more likely to walk out for that than to protest against abortion. Not really an issue that moves teenagers.

Yeah, I don't get why they would protest abortion at school, unless they're saying abortion doctors are going into schools and forcing abortions on the students.

The logic misses me, I guess

5 hours ago, SKJ said:

Yeah, I don't get why they would protest abortion at school, unless they're saying abortion doctors are going into schools and forcing abortions on the students.

The logic misses me, I guess

Well they aren’t protesting themselves. Students shoot up schools. They don’t go to random public places. The school shooters aren’t random mad men. 

The students need to look in the mirror and ask themselves why they breed shooters and they and not the teachers are the primary targets. But that’s a shitty hashtag to make. 

Take away all guns and it would be a matter of time before a bomb or fire takes its place. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The students need to look in the mirror and ask themselves why they breed shooters and they and not the teachers are the primary targets. But that’s a shitty hashtag to make. 

Jesus Christ this is a completely idiotic argument. 

I hope that you're just a terrible writer and didn't mean to suggest that other high school kids are to blame for kids shooting up schools. 

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I think kids are more likely to walk out for that than to protest against abortion. Not really an issue that moves teenagers.

Pro-Life outnumbers gun control advocates in this country. Even in that demographic. 

Sex and martial status are the variables that seem to have the biggest impact on whether or not someone supports gun control/abortion.

Married men are more likely to oppose gun control vs an unmarried man by around 10%.  Women are more in favor of gun control but once they are married, they are less likely to support gun control by~10%.  It seems to be that the people that are actually fucking seem to want to keep their guns.  The fat single women and soy boys seem to want to disarm everyone.

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

False in basically every way.

Gun control advocacy trumps protect my guns.

Advocates of legal abortion DRAMATICALLY outnumber those who want abortion to be illegal. Like 80-20.

The link you provided showed 46% pro-life which was the exact same term I used.  You sure like to create strawmen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

The link you provided showed 46% pro-life which was the exact same term I used.  You sure like to create strawmen.

Pro-life is in the minority. Pro-gun-control is in the majority. But "Pro-Life outnumbers gun control advocates in this country."?

How?

Honestly, though, I did not realize that people simultaneously supported legal abortion AND called themselves "pro-life". That's kind of hilarious, actually. What a meaningless bullshit term. You could have two people with the exact same idea about abortion policy and one could be "pro-choice" and the other "pro-life".

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Honestly, though, I did not realize that people simultaneously supported legal abortion AND called themselves "pro-life". That's kind of hilarious, actually. What a meaningless bullshit term. You could have two people with the exact same idea about abortion policy and one could be "pro-choice" and the other "pro-life".

All that shows is that you don't actually listen to the people you are arguing with.

Just now, udaydanceparty said:

All that shows is that you don't actually listen to the people you are arguing with.

More that people don't walk around with "pro-life" and "pro-choice" stamped onto their foreheads. The people I talk with talk about policy and ideas, not which label they prefer.

Also, do you still believe the pro-life outnumber gun control advocates?

21 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I didn't realize the urge to do something about school mass murders was founded in evil liberalism. I figured it came from the heart. I guess I'm the idoit.

Republicans were far more sanguine on gun control in the past when it was seen as a way of getting them out of the hands of urban blacks (see, e.g., the Mulford Act).  It became partisan after the civil rights movement when the NRA helped make gun ownership part of the conservative identity.  

29 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

i wonder what would happen if a guy with a gun killed an unborn baby and her Mama? does the Second Amendment win? or the Right to Life?

My idea is to have a bill that both bans assault weapons and late term abortions. The meltdown on both sides would be epic.

1 hour ago, udaydanceparty said:

Pro-Life outnumbers gun control advocates in this country. Even in that demographic. 

Sex and martial status are the variables that seem to have the biggest impact on whether or not someone supports gun control/abortion.

Married men are more likely to oppose gun control vs an unmarried man by around 10%.  Women are more in favor of gun control but once they are married, they are less likely to support gun control by~10%.  It seems to be that the people that are actually fucking seem to want to keep their guns.  The fat single women and soy boys seem to want to disarm everyone.

Well that makes sense I guess.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Well they aren’t protesting themselves. Students shoot up schools. They don’t go to random public places. The school shooters aren’t random mad men. 

Take away all guns and it would be a matter of time before a bomb or fire takes its place. 

Laura Ingraham mocked David Hogg for getting rejected by a few colleges.  A sitting member of the US House of Representatives criticized Emma Gonzalez's Cuban heritage.  These are prominent, grown ass adults publicly attacking teenage survivors of a school shooting, but sure... the students are the problem.\

And yeah, I'm sure Tahoe was giddy with excitement at the thought of catching those dirty libs in a bout of hypocrisy with this one, but I honestly couldn't care less if these kids walk out as long as they face the exact same consequences (or lack thereof) that the kids who walked out for gun control.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Laura Ingraham mocked David Hogg for getting rejected by a few colleges.  A sitting member of the US House of Representatives criticized Emma Gonzalez's Cuban heritage.  These are prominent, grown ass adults publicly attacking teenage survivors of a school shooting, but sure... the students are the problem.\

And yeah, I'm sure Tahoe was giddy with excitement at the thought of catching those dirty libs in a bout of hypocrisy with this one, but I honestly couldn't care less if these kids walk out as long as they face the exact same consequences (or lack thereof) that the kids who walked out for gun control.

You'll also notice there will be a complete 180 on Fox News' coverage (and the like) of such a walkout as well. They'll very likely inflate the number of participants, they'll cover it in as much detail as they can, and they'll proclaim how courageous, wise and brave these kids are.

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Missed this literal victim blaming post. Jesus Christ you fucking people are depraved and should be sent to the fucking gulags.

Missed this literal victim blaming post. Jesus Christ you fucking people are depraved and should be sent to the fucking gulags.

Its actually interesting to watch. If you wanted to guarantee that the next generation of voters fucking HATED you, you’d do pretty much exactly what the Fox News fanboys are doing now.

It’s going to be interesting to see party voting trends in 10 years.

41 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

You'll also notice there will be a complete 180 on Fox News' coverage (and the like) of such a walkout as well. They'll very likely inflate the number of participants, they'll cover it in as much detail as they can, and they'll proclaim how courageous, wise and brave these kids are.

God help us if a kid is paddled for the abortion walkout like the one for gun control.

55 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes. A critical look at the main common denominator in school shootings going back over thirty years has no place in the discussion. 

Students on gun control:

”Please Protect Us!”  “From ourselves!”  

Make it harder for us to kill each other, because a gun ban will stop school massacres. Guns are 100%culpable!

It’s willfully obtuse. 

*am fully onboard with tougher gun control measures regardless of subject

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Yes. A critical look at the main common denominator in school shootings going back over thirty years has no place in the discussion. 

Students on gun control:

”Please Protect Us!”  “From ourselves!”  

Make it harder for us to kill each other, because a gun ban will stop school massacres. 

Its willfully obtuse. 

Yes! Taking the actual weapon that killers use to kill away from them won't stop school massacres at all! I'm 100 percent sure that any of these scrawny, socially retarded kids would kill even more people with samurai swords and nunchaku. 

The weapon that could enable a 100 lbs girl to kill grown ass men by the dozens is not the issue!!