2019 Season Ticket Renewal

Honeysucklerose

Not sure I am going to renew this year. Ticket prices are a joke, no more tax deduction, we all saw what happened with Sugar Bowl tickets and now they double OU ticket prices? 

I was definitely expecting prices to come down this year after how many empty season tickets they had last year. 

42 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Not sure I am going to renew this year. Ticket prices are a joke, no more tax deduction, we all saw what happened with Sugar Bowl tickets and now they double OU ticket prices? 

I was definitely expecting prices to come down this year after how many empty season tickets they had last year. 

Ou ticket prices are being doubled??

2 hours ago, GTNY said:

WTF are you talking about dude.  Ticket prices are the same as last year.  OU is up like $10.  But you will be paying double if you buy OU on the open market considering it should start being an annual top 10 game again.  Quit your bitching.  And you expected prices to go DOWN after a top 10 finish? What planet do you live on?  I'm pretty shocked CDC didn't take the opportunity to bump higher.  It's refreshing.

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1

My bad, I remembered OU prices incorrectly 

As for it being refreshing that prices didnt go up, I'm not surprised. Attendance is down pretty much everywhere (https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/1233-coming-to-grips-with-college-football’s-declining-attendance/&) and there were thousands of empty season ticket seats last year. Yes we have sucked, but they also tried to raise prices during those times too (although flat for a few years now). Combined with no longer being able to deduct 80% of the gift portion legally, its a large increase in effective price. Not to mention you can buy these tickets on the open market for significantly less. Even USC last year was going well below face. 

Theres also no discount for renewing tickets this year either? 

3 hours ago, GTNY said:

A 10 win season and an upward trajectory and you expected ticket prices to come down?

OU has been steadily creeping up in recent years. Five years ago $110 was face, maybe $120. I will probably get them through the school again this season because I anticipate that to be a high-priced ticket like last year, and our seating location request is typically met. However, most years, even even we're not terrible, you can get your hands on decent seats for under $150.

They probably see that the same folks keep buying through the school for the same reasons, even when better deals can be had in the secondary market if you try, and feel confident that they'll keep eating price increases. Curious to see how it plays out this year. I was surprised it went up again.$150 is pretty close to me saying fuck it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

A 10 win season and an upward trajectory and you expected ticket prices to come down?

Can't look at it in a vacuum like that. Look at the supply and demand... More people want to stay home

And I guess technically prices did in fact go down for new purchases per TxEx84s post. 

I suspect Texas did not up ticket prices because they want to see how people settle in to the new tax law.  While they did not go up directly, for me, the loss of the deduction makes me feel like they did.  The excitement is one thing in their favor but I do think there is a limit of what you can get 100,000 people to pay to be there on a Saturday afternoon when a lot of people can get a satisfactory experience on their couch and big screen tv.

• 2 weeks later...
I suspect Texas did not up ticket prices because they want to see how people settle in to the new tax law.

The new law only applies to the required donation level to keep your tickets. It doesn’t apply to any donation made above that which also gets you loyalty points (actually at a higher rate). We’ve had the same tickets since 1970 so the required donation is really low, almost all of the donation is voluntary so the new law doesn’t effect us much.

OU has been steadily creeping up in recent years. Five years ago $110 was face, maybe $120. I will probably get them through the school again this season because I anticipate that to be a high-priced ticket like last year, and our seating location request is typically met. However, most years, even even we're not terrible, you can get your hands on decent seats for under $150.

They probably see that the same folks keep buying through the school for the same reasons, even when better deals can be had in the secondary market if you try, and feel confident that they'll keep eating price increases. Curious to see how it plays out this year. I was surprised it went up again.$150 is pretty close to me saying fuck it.

The 100 dollar handshake is a real thing

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 8:17 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The new law only applies to the required donation level to keep your tickets. It doesn’t apply to any donation made above that which also gets you loyalty points (actually at a higher rate). We’ve had the same tickets since 1970 so the required donation is really low, almost all of the donation is voluntary so the new law doesn’t effect us much.

It also had an impact on people who were relying on their company’s match of ‘charitable contributions’ to effectively cut 40% (since only 80% was tax deductible prior to the new law) off the cost of their re-up. 

• Like 2

Is there any benefit to the early renewal deadline tomorrow that I keep getting emails about?  Nothing that I can see to entice me to do so. 

Missed this at the time, but if you prefer to take advantage of the opportunity to split the tickets into four payments, paying earlier puts more time between the first and second payment. That's why I usually do it sooner rather than later, but I'm not Surly 1%.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ignatius said:

It also had an impact on people who were relying on their company’s match of ‘charitable contributions’ to effectively cut 40% (since only 80% was tax deductible prior to the new law) off the cost of their re-up. 

This is what hit us.  Required donation basically doubled due to the loss of matching.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just ordered my away game tickets through the UT ticket office. Holy shit we’re getting raped in the ass on the cost of the Rice tickets. Top tier tickets for Rice are $75 more than OU tickets

You'll be able to get tickets on stubhub for well below that, I'd skip if it isn't too late.

• 4 weeks later...

Friend of mine who doesn't have session tickets but was planning on signing up called to ask about availability. Was told OU is already sold out, as are tier 4/5 season tickets. Quite the reversal - wasn't long ago they were begging people to get to DKR and OU could be had under face.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:45 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just ordered my away game tickets through the UT ticket office. Holy shit we’re getting raped in the ass on the cost of the Rice tickets. Top tier tickets for Rice are $75 more than OU tickets

After New Orleans, I’ll never use LHF for a neutral ever again, with the exception of state fair. 

• Like 5

I guess the 5k new ticket holders lumped in with people are people who paid the deposit a few months back?  Curious what differentiates "public sale" from what they just finished out (where someone like me who was not previously a season ticket holder was able to purchase season tickets).

On 5/10/2019 at 2:45 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

18 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

After New Orleans, I’ll never use LHF for a neutral ever again, with the exception of state fair. 

Yup, prepare to get assfucked. Pretty sure Rice still the host for that game, so they'll stick the visiting allotment wherever. Secondary market is a no-brainer for games in Houston and bowl games. OU is a toss-up depending on how good we are (or are probably projected to be).

15 hours ago, Roofle said:

Yup, prepare to get assfucked. Pretty sure Rice still the host for that game, so they'll stick the visiting allotment wherever. Secondary market is a no-brainer for games in Houston and bowl games. OU is a toss-up depending on how good we are (or are probably projected to be).

I’m maybe an hour from NRG and Rice week is still a waste of time to me. Just my honest opinion. I think it’s a good game for casual watchers and people with kids to attend that won’t normally make it to DKR. Football season is an absolute blast, but a grind nonetheless for me. I’m welcoming the opportunity to watch the first half from the couch and then have a Saturday not out of town. I don’t think I’d go to that game for free. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lobo

Somebody really thought a mini-plan/flex-plan would feature LSU in a year where we're hosting Kansas, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, and Texas Tech?  

Wow, I'm glad we're letting some people attend games without their legal guardian.  Quit wasting everyone's time you fucking child.  

18 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Any word on if they'll offer remaining seats for LSU to season ticket holders on a first come, first serve basis line they've done for ND and USC?

I talked to LHF and they said closer to season they’ll offer single game home tickets. No set date yet. 

• Like 1