2019 Season Ticket Renewal

Honeysucklerose

On 7/5/2019 at 8:57 AM, EZ$ said:

First year season ticket holder here....

It seems in the past that it’s always a big deal when y’all get the ticket package in the mail, so when should I expect that to happen?

Two weeks before first kick. It’s not a huge deal lol, it’s just simply excitement after waiting for 9 months. 

I had North EZ seats for a while but got rid of them a few years back. Was looking to do that option again but saw there was a new Longhorn Lounge in Section 18-19 considerably cheaper. Looking like food would not be included but anyone with details on that space? More sun exposure on that side of stadium I guess but is the Lounge back behind the seats similar to the Terrace Club? It's the same price as the East side section right next to it but lots of inventory right now which makes me wonder.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:30 AM, Roofle said:

Yup, prepare to get assfucked. Pretty sure Rice still the host for that game, so they'll stick the visiting allotment wherever. Secondary market is a no-brainer for games in Houston and bowl games. OU is a toss-up depending on how good we are (or are probably projected to be).

There are no bad seats in Rice Stadium.  Which means a lot more good seats than NRG, where, unfortunately, they are playing.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:22 PM, bullet said:

There are no bad seats in Rice Stadium.  Which means a lot more good seats than NRG, where, unfortunately, they are playing.

My point was, they're the host of this game and they get to decide where the Texas allotment is within NRG. It likely won't be great.

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

That home schedule is trash other than LSU. Not a single ranked opponent

Agree in general, but I'd be surprised if Okie Lite's not ranked when we play. Their toughest game is Oregon State, and it's late enough that most of the top teams will have played another good team by then.

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

That home schedule is trash other than LSU. Not a single ranked opponent

This comment is trash. Our best team, on paper in 10 years. Great energy on gameday thanks to CDC.

Not playing any FCS trash. Opening night vs LaTech is a great opening game, followed by a top 4 team-LSU at night, have not beaten osu in a long time, love to watch us play kstate  & end it with Tech at home.

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

This comment is trash. Our best team, on paper in 10 years. Great energy on gameday thanks to CDC.

Not playing any FCS trash. Opening night vs LaTech is a great opening game, followed by a top 4 team-LSU at night, have not beaten osu in a long time, love to watch us play kstate  & end it with Tech at home.

What he's really trying to say is that he wants to get out of the Big 12. This is what our schedule is every other year, we just happen to have a marquee noncon opponent at home.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:28 PM, Lobo said:

Somebody really thought a mini-plan/flex-plan would feature LSU in a year where we're hosting Kansas, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, and Texas Tech?  

Wow, I'm glad we're letting some people attend games without their legal guardian.  Quit wasting everyone's time you fucking child.  

Flex pass included USC last year (with a limit of 2 tix for that game). So it's not unheard of. 

5 hours ago, lubbockhorn88 said:

Anyone have season tickets in the terrace club area? Are they worth it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had seats in the Terrace Club from the time they first opened until a few years ago. Seatbacks are nice and they are high up enough to have decent views of the full field. The actual club has improved over time going from a somewhat private area to one that is now Temp controlled and includes food. If you are in section 13/14 you get a break from the sun for afternoon games but this year the first few are night games so that doesn't matter. Ends up costing you around $600 more per seat for included food so questionable if that's "worth it" versus getting something in another section.

I recently re upped my tickets and opted for Section 19 (new Longhorn Lounge) for considerably cheaper than the Terrace. And for those looking at the Home opener I may be out of town that weekend and open to selling.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

How do we feel about the LSU game market in general? I’m itching to pull the trigger on some on stubhub but there’s always that nagging thought of what if they’re cheaper on game day or as we get closer. Yes, I would look into season tix, but we’re moving away for at least a year and wouldn’t be able to use them for other games

30 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

How do we feel about the LSU game market in general? I’m itching to pull the trigger on some on stubhub but there’s always that nagging thought of what if they’re cheaper on game day or as we get closer. Yes, I would look into season tix, but we’re moving away for at least a year and wouldn’t be able to use them for other games

LSU is the only game people really have circled on calendar. 

Nearly every LSU fan in Houston I know are coming up plus tons of out of town Longhorn fans.

you might be able to grab some game day but it’s risky. 

36 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

LSU is the only game people really have circled on calendar. 

Nearly every LSU fan in Houston I know are coming up plus tons of out of town Longhorn fans.

you might be able to grab some game day but it’s risky. 

Yeah I keep thinking back to USC and Notre Dame and that I was able to grab tickets day of. But I think you may be right, this one feels much bigger

30 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah I keep thinking back to USC and Notre Dame and that I was able to grab tickets day of. But I think you may be right, this one feels much bigger

Do you recall how much SC or ND tickets were going for about 30 days out?

Anyway pulled the trigger for some upper levels, north end zone. More than I wanted to pay but fuck it, I have some so now I don’t have to worry about stressing day of to find some. I can enjoy the tailgate to the fullest. Fuck I’m excited. 

Yeah, there's definitely an inherent convenience value to season tickets. You also get the seats you want for OU. I could probably come out ahead most years by buying secondary given that we only attend 2-3 games a year plus OU, but it's a lot easier to just sell the ones you don't want than to be hunting for tickets every time you want to go. Not to mention this year we definitely come out ahead due to the insane LSU prices.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you recall how much SC or ND tickets were going for about 30 days out?

ND prices stayed fairly high. I remember that because I regretted not buying extra to sell.

SC tickets dropped pretty hard in the couple weeks leading up to the game with both teams off to bad starts. If you waited for the day of for USC you got a deal.

At the very least I'd wait to buy LSU tickets until season tickets get distributed and people put those on sale. There just isn't a lot of supply out there now. I'm sure there will be some last minute LSU tickets available from people who can't go and need to unload as well, but the demand will be crazy high and those will get gobbled up. Waiting untilI the day of means gambling on finding that with getting price gouged as an alternative.

• Like 1

I just got the email about single game tickets, including LSU.  I'm gonna be buying the max I can for LSU, I would advise any of you do the same.  Make sure we get the tickets to Texas fans.

Sean,

As a special benefit of being a 2019 Texas Football season ticket holder, you receive early access to purchase Texas Football single game tickets before they go on sale to the general public. This presale includes access to all 2019 home games, including the LSU game (Saturday, Sept. 7; 6:30 p.m. Central; presented by St. David's HealthCare).

• If your Loyalty Points rank is 1-1,000, your presale begins Monday, Aug. 12 at 9 a.m. Central. 
• If your Loyalty Points rank is 1,001-4,999, your presale begins Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 9 a.m. Central. 
• If your Loyalty Points rank is 5,000 or greater, your presale begins Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 9 a.m. Central.

Your Loyalty Points rank is ---.

Due to overwhelming demand for LSU tickets, the number of LSU tickets you may purchase is limited based on your Annual Gift and ticket availability. All other home games do not have presale limits.

Based on your 2019 Annual Gift of ------, you may purchase up to - tickets to the LSU game, pending availability.

LSU single game tickets presale limits (based on Annual Gift and ticket availability) 
DeLoss Dodds Leadership Team $25,000+: 8 tickets 
$10,000-$24,999: 6 tickets 
$50-$9,999: 4 tickets 
$0-$49: 2 tickets

To purchase tickets next week, please log in to TexasSports.com/myaccountstarting at 9 a.m. on your presale date. Tickets are limited and available on a first come, first served basis.

If you have a balance due for your 2019 season tickets, please call us at 512-471-3333 as soon as possible to settle your account. Any accounts with a balance due will not be included in the presale for single game tickets.

Hook 'em, Horns!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Got that email this morning as well... when you buy through this program do you have control over where the seats are or is it just "best available"? Also, damn I just looked at my loyalty points rank and I have some work to do to get into top 5K.

Yes, you'll be picking seats from a stadium seating chart.  You can get an idea of what is still available (as of now) here: https://texaslonghorns.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AAMTX%3AFB19%3AFBS%3A&linkID=tex-ath&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBS&cgc=

6 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Got that email this morning as well... when you buy through this program do you have control over where the seats are or is it just "best available"? Also, damn I just looked at my loyalty points rank and I have some work to do to get into top 5K.

Think upper deck and in the corner. But at face value you'll still be getting some friends in for discount.

You get to pick, but pickins will be pretty slim by the time the lower tier gets to buy.
I'm in the teens and the extra I bought were in 109 for SC, and I'd imagine there's fewer to go around this time.

Shameless plug - my season tickets are in 128 and we're looking for 3-4 additional tickets in that section or near it. Texas fans. I doubt those will be available by the time I get to buy extra, but if anyone on here is willing to work out a deal to purchase, feel free to PM.

This may be a dumb question but OU tickets aren't included in your season ticket packet, are they?  When do you get those and how do you access those?  When I renewed back in January or whenever it was, I added 2 OU tickets to my renewal, it's my first year purchasing them and I'm not really sure how it works.  Of course one of my best friends (damn him to hell) is getting married that day so I'm  going to have to miss out on that game and need to sell them but I'm not sure how to access them to sell them.

25 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

How do you determine how much you have to donate to move up in the rankings?

This may be a dumb question but OU tickets aren't included in your season ticket packet, are they?  When do you get those and how do you access those?  When I renewed back in January or whenever it was, I added 2 OU tickets to my renewal, it's my first year purchasing them and I'm not really sure how it works.  Of course one of my best friends (damn him to hell) is getting married that day so I'm  going to have to miss out on that game and need to sell them but I'm not sure how to access them to sell them.

No, they aren't. They're usually mailed out a few weeks prior to the game.

41 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

They are not included but need to be purchased separately.  If you added them they'll be mailed after the season ticket package. (Depending on donation cutoff)

On 8/8/2019 at 11:24 AM, ZB'Tejas said:

Well, I was wrong about this.  Unlike last year for USC where you actually could pick your seats, it's just letting you pick the price tier or "best available".  Kind of annoying, since it's mainly picking seats for me in section 1, when I know there were unsold seats in sections 4 and 6.