Post count and rep status from the old board.

7 hours ago, Parliament said:

Sucks that we all gotta start over with all the work it took to get there.

Does the technology exist for the mods to do a transplant?

Not really. Rep status was always a joke. Rep was something that was great in theory but terrible in practice. How many threads were turned into crapfests because of rep where someone complained about rep received? Some got a little drunk on their rep power. Some thought rep meant they were good posters. I think a fresh start is good for everyone. 

Frankly, I like having a lower post count. Makes me look like less of a nerd. 

8 hours ago, Parliament said:

Sucks that we all gotta start over with all the work it took to get there.

Does the technology exist for the mods to do a transplant?

I was saving my first neg rep for Grendel, when he showed up.
But I've decided that dumbfuckery about post counts and rep is a worthy enough place for a neg - so congrats!

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Not really. Rep status was always a joke. Rep was something that was great in theory but terrible in practice. How many threads were turned into crapfests because of rep where someone complained about rep received? Some got a little drunk on their rep power. Some thought rep meant they were good posters. I think a fresh start is good for everyone. 

Frankly, I like having a lower post count. Makes me look like less of a nerd. 

Yeah right. Haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

those people were such naggers.  so annoying. 

17 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

For posterity:

Latest Reputation Received (7721741 point(s) total)l)

There was an era of rep inflation on Shaggy that happened while I was gone that I never fully understood, or cared enough to ask about, when I returned. It was bizarre. No one had 100,000 rep points when I left. I came back a few years later and people were well into the millions. 

I've always liked the fact that people put a bizarre emphasis on it. It's fun to run over people when they think their rep or post count matter in making a point or defending a position in a conversation. It's like the last tactic before namecalling and then capitulation. 

Until very recently with RamJet taking the top rep spot, it seemed like a sad commentary on the site that the rep leader was a guy currently in prison or an institution who had rigged the system at one point in order to literally begin ban attacks on posters he decided he didn't like. 

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Who the hell neg repped ?  Pussy move.  I think I neg repped about 4 or 5 times, and those were all for sarcastic effect.

Pos rep for a well played post ?  That's another story.

99% of the negs I received came from saying Strong sucked and should be fired. Fans are very sensitive about their coaches.  

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I predict that, one year out, excluding Swam and Rocko, I will have the lowest rep-to-post ratio on this board.

I'm worthless. 

You run the best Facebook page/group, so no, you're not worthless compared to most of us.  I have relatives who only login to FB to look at your page.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There was an era of rep inflation on Shaggy that happened while I was gone that I never fully understood, or cared enough to ask about, when I returned. It was bizarre. No one had 100,000 rep points when I left. I came back a few years later and people were well into the millions. 

I've always liked the fact that people put a bizarre emphasis on it. It's fun to run over people when they think their rep or post count matter in making a point or defending a position in a conversation. It's like the last tactic before namecalling and then capitulation. 

Until very recently with RamJet taking the top rep spot, it seemed like a sad commentary on the site that the rep leader was a guy currently in prison or an institution who had rigged the system at one point in order to literally begin ban attacks on posters he decided he didn't like. 

Wtf happened to that whack job Tor?

And there were several shit posters that had run away with enough rep to just post like cunts, knowing they couldn’t be brought back after their rep became a runaway train.  

I honestly didn’t even know how to check rep the first few years I was on here.  

Anyways, considering all the bullshit Bob went through in this mess, it’s pretty lame bringing up rep as some sort of legit gripe.

IMO you should either belong here or get run out via negban.  Everyone who’s allowed to stay is an equal   Shitpost enough and bye bitch   

Wtf happened to that whack job Tor?
And there were several shit posters that had run away with enough rep to just post like cunts, knowing they couldn’t be brought back after their rep became a runaway train.  
I honestly didn’t even know how to check rep the first few years I was on here.  
Anyways, considering all the bullshit Bob went through in this mess, it’s pretty lame bringing up rep as some sort of legit gripe.
IMO you should either belong here or get run out via negban.  Everyone who’s allowed to stay is an equal   Shitpost enough and bye bitch   

Tor is obviously building his socks rep up for now so when he does show up he can rep himself up.
  • Like 1