Post count and rep status from the old board.

Who gives a fuck about the amount of rep you have?  There were 3 positives about rep in the Old Country and 2 of them are missing here as far as I can tell

1) Sometimes the rep comments were funny as shit

2) There doesn't appear to be a way to crowd source just yet.

The new system will still allow for the only other good part of the rep system, and that is watching people get butt hurt and cry over their neg rep.

• Like 4

People look at me differently right now because my post count and rep are lower. I'm largely disrespected in my local community. 

I walk around asking loudly who wants to fuck, but only a couple homeless people have responded positively. I suspect that it would be much different if I still sported 9,000 meaningless posts over 6 years. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There was an era of rep inflation on Shaggy that happened while I was gone that I never fully understood, or cared enough to ask about, when I returned. It was bizarre. No one had 100,000 rep points when I left. I came back a few years later and people were well into the millions. 

I've always liked the fact that people put a bizarre emphasis on it. It's fun to run over people when they think their rep or post count matter in making a point or defending a position in a conversation. It's like the last tactic before namecalling and then capitulation. 

Until very recently with RamJet taking the top rep spot, it seemed like a sad commentary on the site that the rep leader was a guy currently in prison or an institution who had rigged the system at one point in order to literally begin ban attacks on posters he decided he didn't like. 

It was way overdue for the Nouveu Reppe to get knocked back into their place. I couldn’t forgive them or like them, but I saw that what they had done was, to them, entirely justified.  It was all very careless and confused.  They were careless people, they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their rep or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made. 

VP74qtSR.jpg

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

It was way overdue for the Nouveu Reppe to get knocked back into their place. I couldn’t forgive them or like them, but I saw that what they had done was, to them, entirely justified.  It was all very careless and confused.  They were careless people, they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their rep or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made. 

Hide contents

VP74qtSR.jpg

Man, without looking it up, are you drawing from Gatsby? Or did I whiff?

12 minutes ago, troph said:

I’ll just take personal pride in 50,000+ posts over 2 decades and keep on counting.... for those playing at home that’s almost 7 posts per day since 1998 or so. Dayum.

That’s quite a bit of stamina. I managed about 4 per day for six years. It’ll probably shrink back down to around that pace that when I head back to work on Tuesday after surgery.