Antonio Brown Will Not Play For the Steelers Next Season

Vic Mackey

Sets off every warning bell there is that any well run organization would instantly notice & avoid. Top 5-10 ability at his position, but too much of a headache for a true contender to risk submarining their chances by bringing in a known locker room cancer.

He wants to go to a contender. He's most likely to end up at a desperate fringe team looking for a big name to fill seats.

11 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Sets off every warning bell there is that any well run organization would instantly notice & avoid. Top 5-10 ability at his position, but too much of a headache for a true contender to risk submarining their chances by bringing in a known locker room cancer.

He wants to go to a contender. He's most likely to end up at a desperate fringe team looking for a big name to fill seats.

Something is going on with the Steelers for sure. They had Super Bowl talent this season and first Bell wanted out and now Brown. Reading around, the Bell holdout caused a rift in the locker room.I know players don't really get into the money and business side but many were not happy with how they treated Bell. Seems like that locker room turned toxic as the season went on. But then Brown had an incident in practice leading up to the last game and the Steelers pretty much benched him. And a lot of his teammates were not happy with him.

Which is all well and good. Fuck the Steelers.

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Something is going on with the Steelers for sure. They had Super Bowl talent this season and first Bell wanted out and now Brown. Reading around, the Bell holdout caused a rift in the locker room.I know players don't really get into the money and business side but many were not happy with how they treated Bell. Seems like that locker room turned toxic as the season went on. But then Brown had an incident in practice leading up to the last game and the Steelers pretty much benched him. And a lot of his teammates were not happy with him.

Which is all well and good. Fuck the Steelers.

From what I was told Bell was going to get suspended again for failure to not smoke dope.

Brown walked out of practice after throwing a ball at Ben.

They are both Jagoffs.

• Like 1

It goes deeper than that.  I think it has to do with how the Steelers treat their old guys.  That's why the guaranteed money is so important ti bell and brown. Steelers will cut you for a cheaper version without batting an eye.  I think the old guys are telling the young guys that and it's building mistrust in theborganziation

It goes deeper than that.  I think it has to do with how the Steelers treat their old guys.  That's why the guaranteed money is so important ti bell and brown. Steelers will cut you for a cheaper version without batting an eye.  I think the old guys are telling the young guys that and it's building mistrust in theborganziation

Isn’t that just the NFL in general?

Bell thought he was an amazing talent. Conner demonstrated that Bell was not irreplaceable. Brown to Patriots.

32 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

The rumors are a lot has to do with the preferential treatment of Roethlisberger, who is controversial figure in the locker room due to his inclination to blame folks around him.  Tomlin is a player's coach and knows it's important to have his QB's support so he's been weak in keeping all the antics to a minimum....

Shits just getting too spoiled and greedy. I actually enjoy watching that new league because it's hungry guys who just want to play. They've had a taste of what awaits minorities who didn't take their education seriously and how hard it is to find any decent employment so they're clinging by a thread to stave off the horrific life. 

• Fuck You 5

25 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Shits just getting too spoiled and greedy. I actually enjoy watching that new league because it's hungry guys who just want to play. They've had a taste of what awaits minorities who didn't take their education seriously and how hard it is to find any decent employment so they're clinging by a thread to stave off the horrific life. 

wtf is this shit

Bell and Brown are cut from the same cloth. They’ve spent their whole careers on an offense with a great qb, great OL, and many weapons, while thinking they are what makes the offense run.

Lets see how AB feels when he’s getting garbage targets on a shirty team, while getting blanket double coverage, on a team that loses 10+ games. 

But he’ll be the biggest star in the room and get to blame the team’s losses on everyone else, so he’ll probably love it. 

Edited by heso

5 minutes ago, Eggo said:

wtf is this shit

Pretty simple. In America it's very difficult to get decent job interviews if you have an obviously minority name, and that's even with a good education. Without one you're climbing up a metal pole greased in Wd-40. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Fuck You 1

Agreed about the new league. Imagine how awesome sports would be if they played on 1 year deals. Or performance enhanced contacts. Not just try your hardest in the year of your deal so you can fleece a team who will overpay you

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

why is it that the biggest divas and headcases in the nfl are usually WRs?

Probably because they are seen as the flashy position and they don't take the pounding the other players receive. People have been discussing this for awhile as to why that position is the most attention seeking. AB, Dez, O'Dell for starters. But you can go back decades and this was always the case.

I’m no expert but let him end up with a team that has someone other then a future HOF behind center.

Besides, this current unrest in an organization that has prided itself over the years in never being fractured. Is nothing but a slap fight between divas. Tomlin backs his diva QB, and it pisses off the other divas. It’s that simple.

I'll shit if the Patriots trade for AB, they were after OBJ last season. I doubt the Steelers would trade AB to the team that has owned them throughout the Brady era, but stranger things have happened.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/21/todd-haley-leveon-bell-and-antonio-brown-are-two-of-steelers-hardest-workers/

Haley said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that, contrary to perceptions, Bell and Brown were consummate professionals and a joy to coach for the six years he spent with Brown and five years he spent with Bell.

Todd Haley is backing up Bell and AB. Big Ben has long been known as an arrogant prick so it's no surprise AB became fed up with his shit. Perhaps I'm oblivious, but I don't recall seeing a lot of negative press about AB before the 2018 season.

AB demanding restructuring and “guaranteed” money. WTF man you have guaranteed money on your current contract...it is called the $19 million signing bonus prorated over the contract and it’s what will cost Pittsburgh over $20M in dead money. You also will get a guaranteed $6M roster bonus in a couple weeks paid by whoever currently owns your contract. Any restructuring with a new signing bonus is double dipping on your new employer after costing them draft picks to get you. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chad said:

I'll shit if the Patriots trade for AB, they were after OBJ last season. I doubt the Steelers would trade AB to the team that has owned them throughout the Brady era, but stranger things have happened.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/21/todd-haley-leveon-bell-and-antonio-brown-are-two-of-steelers-hardest-workers/

Todd Haley is backing up Bell and AB. Big Ben has long been known as an arrogant prick so it's no surprise AB became fed up with his shit. Perhaps I'm oblivious, but I don't recall seeing a lot of negative press about AB before the 2018 season.

Just wanted to add that Ben hated Haley, was trying to push him out for years.

Nice of the Steelers' GM to try to steer a few people to Brown's side.
What with Ben Rothlisberger having won a Super Bowl, he can publicly criticize whomever he wants to keep the 52 "kids" in check.
What a fucking dumbass.

I agree with the GM...and yeah it didnt sound great the way he said it but thats pretty much the standard for all SB winning qb's...not a huge fan of big ben but he has earned that right like GM said. GM also said ben could call him out as well

Tomlin for all his gladiator pep talks and media out takes is...useless.  Pittsburgh had the best WR, RB, Top 5 QB, and a very good OL for the past 5 seasons.  Weak spot was defensively, and what does a HC who's background is along the defensive side do?  Swings and misses drafting LBs and CBs.  Wasn't like the struggles just magically appeared, they've been there up front and center.. Tomlin and Colbert gotta go but the "Stillers" way is to give him another extension for another 7 years smh

• Like 1

I agree with the GM...and yeah it didnt sound great the way he said it but thats pretty much the standard for all SB winning qb's...not a huge fan of big ben but he has earned that right like GM said. GM also said ben could call him out as well
His last Super Bowl was 10 years ago. Neither Brown or Bell were here for that. It's not like they won anything with Ben. They aren't going to view him the same had they won with him at the highest level.

His last Super Bowl was 10 years ago. Neither Brown or Bell were here for that. It's not like they won anything with Ben. They aren't going to view him the same had they won with him at the highest level.
Thats fine but that doesnt change the fact he is a 2 time champ and earned the right to be vocal leader

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:
40 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Thats fine but that doesnt change the fact he is a 2 time champ and earned the right to be vocal leader

Not to the fucking media. Dude is the all-time leader in publicly throwing guys under the bus.

Tomlin for all his gladiator pep talks and media out takes is...useless.  Pittsburgh had the best WR, RB, Top 5 QB, and a very good OL for the past 5 seasons.  Weak spot was defensively, and what does a HC who's background is along the defensive side do?  Swings and misses drafting LBs and CBs.  Wasn't like the struggles just magically appeared, they've been there up front and center.. Tomlin and Colbert gotta go but the "Stillers" way is to give him another extension for another 7 years smh
Kinda throws a kink in your defense when best player losses career in one play...i hate the steelers as much as anyone but can understand ...brown/bell are whiners imo

Not to the fucking media. Dude is the all-time leader in publicly throwing guys under the bus.
Then take away players doing weekly radio shows...if diva wants to get upset about qb saying on radio show a flatter route needed to be run then boo hoo...players/fans have been nitpicking after the fact for decades

23 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
32 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Then take away players doing weekly radio shows...if diva wants to get upset about qb saying on radio show a flatter route needed to be run then boo hoo...players/fans have been nitpicking after the fact for decades

You act like this is Ben's first media over-share. It's probably closer to his 20th. Teammates, play calls, coaches, the front office...all have been fair game. All while he seems to be one of the least accountable people in the league.

If you don't think that there has been--and still is--a real rift in that locker room, I don't know what to tell you. It goes a lot deeper than some diva position players.

You act like this is Ben's first media over-share. It's probably closer to his 20th. Teammates, play calls, coaches, the front office...all have been fair game. All while he seems to be one of the least accountable people in the league.
If you don't think that there has been--and still is--a real rift in that locker room, I don't know what to tell you. It goes a lot deeper than some diva position players.
I didnt specify the number and know its plenty....take away players radio shows if it bothers everyone so much....if not get some thicker skin or handle it in locker room

Other players seem to do just fine appearing on TV and radio shows, but still keeping things in-house.
I have heard romo,brady,manning,rodgers and every other qb say this route needed this or if we hit the flat or whatever and nobody flips out...giants were criticizing eli and he took it in stride

But AB gets upset and its a whole different story???

8 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

AB demanding restructuring and “guaranteed” money. WTF man you have guaranteed money on your current contract...it is called the $19 million signing bonus prorated over the contract and it’s what will cost Pittsburgh over $20M in dead money. You also will get a guaranteed $6M roster bonus in a couple weeks paid by whoever currently owns your contract. Any restructuring with a new signing bonus is double dipping on your new employer after costing them draft picks to get you. 

Nope.  I'm taking ABs side on this one.  He just wants all the money guaranteed.  They do that with all other sport but football.  His guaranteed money is basically gone.  He knows the Steelers will cut him with one or two years left on his contract.  That is the same thing with Bryce Harper and Manny Machado asking for 10 year deals.  Do they think they will be productive in those last two years?  Hell no, but they still get that money.  I don't blame him at all. 

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

Nope.  I'm taking ABs side on this one.  He just wants all the money guaranteed.  They do that with all other sport but football.  His guaranteed money is basically gone.  He knows the Steelers will cut him with one or two years left on his contract.  That is the same thing with Bryce Harper and Manny Machado asking for 10 year deals.  Do they think they will be productive in those last two years?  Hell no, but they still get that money.  I don't blame him at all. 

He should have considered playing baseball or basketball then, not expect the sport to change for him. But of course he does, because he’s as diva as they come. 

• Like 1

Diva or not.  He has leverage and I don't blame him for using it when he has the chance to make money before it's too late
Im not sure he has any leverage...he signed a deal to be highest paid wr, got paid and still has 2 years left. If he sits he doesnt get paid... AB signed his deal and now wants more
Let him sit and pout and be mad at tomlin for "telling team brown quit" when he did quit
  • Like 1