Still a little sad (shaggy)

I kind of stumbled onto the shag via a THujone SP: The Fresco Texas Coaching Search Quagfuckmire Part II that I saw god knows where posted elsewhere. My first account got banned. My 2nd stayed around until the end. I put 11K posts into that place. And a lot of posters put in more obviously but I'm speaking from a personal place. Saw somewhere earlier on the thread that the format sucked. It did but it was like my '79 IH Scout II I had back in hike school and college. Knew exactly how to get it started and not get it over heated. That place, or iteration of... this place had a substance that felt unique. Now it feels like we're clambering to make these white URLs the same simply by being here. For now, it doesn't. But in time it will. I'm making an effort to make that so. But the same assholes are too so the fuck does not exist to give if I hang out in the miasma of this new place until the roots take hold.  

I can’t even remember what landed me on The Shag, might have been a Thujone special. Lurked for almost a year before getting drunk one night, saying fuck it and signed up for an account back in 2011.

Now I depend on you assholes for breaking news, political commentary, lulz, and a place I can share some of my more twisted humor...

But yeah hasn’t felt back to ‘normal’ until Tapa got running...outside missing old threads, its home again.

Time of death has been declared on Shaggy. We gave it the viking funeral it deserved. I've fully embraced the new Surly home.

My only concern is that part of what made Shaggy great was that Bob was able to stare down the legal threats of the random flyby people like Figurelli and Beatrice. Oh, and Rude Ass Titties, whatever her name was. And DJ Rev... Does our new overlord have the same chutzpah to tell those we have rightfully blasted to go get their shine box?

For days I've been sitting down at the computer, opening a new tab, and clicking the thumbnail for The Shag....5-10 seconds later, I go "oh shit, wrong place"

Finally today I updated the thumbnail to The Surly surlyhorns Surly.    Still doesn't flow off the tongue.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:17 PM, scottsins said:

... I’m assuming you are formerly washparkhorn on hf.

I'm not so sure about that.  Also, someone registered as washparkhorn.  I'll wait for one of them to post a classic, long winded and informative rebuttle in the CR/Politics forum to be sure.

27 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

For days I've been sitting down at the computer, opening a new tab, and clicking the thumbnail for The Shag....5-10 seconds later, I go "oh shit, wrong place"

Finally today I updated the thumbnail to The Surly surlyhorns Surly.    Still doesn't flow off the tongue.

Yep. Moved Shaggy bookmark to the archive folder for other boards that have dwindled or rotted on the vine.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:18 PM, d2o said:

Oh and I can't wait for blacklab and the crew to make this house a home visually.   looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Don't hire Chip and Joanna.  I'm not a fan of shiplap.  Oh, and no carpet in the bathrooms.  I hate that.

On 3/29/2018 at 12:06 AM, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's sad for nostalgic reasons, but also pretty cool to see what's happened here. 

When the site name had to change the first time, I wondered if anything would change with the feel of the board, but the shag just rolled along. 

This was undeniably a bigger change, and I thought for sure it would take a few weeks to feel back to normal.  48 hrs later it felt like the same place, more or less.  It's the assholes, not the name or platform.

Granted, shaggy is arguably filled with more assholes now than before, just a more literal type.  Hope you enjoy poop gifs, Kevin, because that's what you bought. 

Well if Kevin hadn't started no shit there wouldn't be no shit now would there?

He deserves every pile of poop he gets

On 3/29/2018 at 11:53 PM, Jive Turkey said:

I couldn’t fathom life without Hornfans. But then Shaggy became home. And it was better  

It feels odd not going to Shaggy anymore, but this already feels pretty damn comfortable. And it should get much better. 

I stopped lurking pretty late into this era of being an Orangeblooded Horn Fan. I discovered the shag because of the ridiculous little Ticket. I don't think I have ever seen a migration quite like this. Boards meltdown and go away permanently. We picked right up where we left off with not many things left behind. If somebody hasn't salvaged the gold thread that should get them ninety bazillion rep points

Was in Inverness over New Year's and got to see real shaggy bevos when I was there, and it pleased me no end. Loved the Shaggybevo name and avatar, and ShaggyTexas was fine too because Texas.  But I thought when all the shit came down on blacklab that the bunch of assholes would be forever disbanded, and it pissed me off. I'm amazed at how quickly almost everybody seemed to make it over here, and now I can go back to happily lurking, figuring out how to get to Texas-Oklahoma someday so I can shout you lot a round, and studiously avoiding the Cloak Room's new incarnation. Oh, and random tites. ¡Viva Surly!

Edited by flatdawgs
Dumas typo

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I just went to the shag out of morbid curiosity. Dear lord. Are those two guys trying to be funny with the whackjob political rants and multi-page threads talking to themselves? Or are they legitimately insane? 

I think

its performance art at this point. Or someone was paid and they are just shit typing because of contractual obligations. 

Seems in line with the known stupidity of the owner that he may have thrown some term money at an ill equipped poster to manage shit, because how hard could it be? 

don’t know, don’t care.