The Next Batman

EvilCaseMcCoy

With Affleck out, who do y'all want as the next batman? Does anybody even care anymore with the DC Universe?

Rumored shortlist from WB:

Ansel Elgort

Dylan O’Brien

Logan Lerman

Noah Centineo

Jack O’Connell

Kit Harrington

Nicholas Hoult

Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Richard Madden

Robert Pattinson

Armie Hammer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/another-game-thrones-star-eyed-next-batman/amp/

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Keaton >>>>> Bale. 

This.  The Nolan Batman Films were the best of them all...but Bale wasn't all that special as Batman IMO.  I'll take Keaton over him...

But in the end my favorite interpretation of Batman, AND the Joker will always be the Animated Series versions(Conroy and Luke Skywalker himself).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Drew said:

This.  The Nolan Batman Films were the best of them all...but Bale wasn't all that special as Batman IMO.  I'll take Keaton over him...

But in the end my favorite interpretation of Batman, AND the Joker will always be the Animated Series versions(Conroy and Luke Skywalker himself).

Agreed, Bale held serve, and that's no small accomplishment when the other actors were Ledger, Caine, Freeman and Oldman. Part of it is that the Batman movies became "Batman Presents the Villian" and good or bad, the villains dominate the movies, with Batman being almost a passive character. Even in the terrible ones, Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carrey, Uma Thurman, and Arnold were the main characters. 

They need an unknown who's got some size, acting ability, and is in the right age range. There aren't that many action actors under fifty, now, that aren't tied to a super hero already. 

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

And does it really matter? No one is ever topping Bale. That ship has sailed. Just like no one is ever topping my avatar. 

Keaton was great and every bit as good or better from an acting standpoint (wasn't quite as believable from a physical stand point).  Bale is good but it's more about Nolan's vision.  At least Bale approximated the physicality needed although I thought he was a bit lame in 3.

1.  Make sure he's fucking American.  The Brits throw fits when an American gets brought up for Bond or Harry Potter or whatever.  Superman, Batman, Spiderman, etc.  Those guys should be American actors, IMO.  

2.  Ensure he physically meets the role.  Kitt Harrington?  WTF?  He's like 5'5".  Logan Lerman?  He's like 5'9" and 135 lbs.  Jack O'Connell is around 5'8".  Most of the top six on the list are terrible ideas and short, smallish guys.  That's fucking terrible.  Bruce Wayne/Batman when he puts on the mask is fully formed from a physical standpoint.  He doesn't grow into the fucking role.  

3.  Getting a fucking adult, not a tweener.  Matt Bomer would be fine if he could put on about 35 lbs of muscle although a bit small.  Hammer has shown some acting chops and has the physique, he'd be interesting.  Lone Ranger almost killed his young career, would he put on another mask?  I love John Hamm, a decade ago but that's not what they're going for and he's 47.  Gyllenhall is the right age but a little small and he's in the new Spider-man.  May be too much Superhero fatigue.  Jack Huston is a little small but right age and edge.  Like to see what Chris Pine could have done in the role, but he's already in the DC universe.  Bradley Cooper?  Jensen Ackles if you want a pretty boy?  Lee Pace?  I feel like Hammer is the obvious choice so they'll fuck it up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Red Five said:

I don’t know half of those but the ones I do know, pass. I mean Dylan O’Brien? He’s gotta be 5’9 150 soaking wet.

Still trying to make Armie Hammer happen? Guess he’d be fine.

Isn't Dylan O'Brien busy being the head of the Aryan Nation?  Or was that Dylan Murphy?

Edited by Nole-4-Life

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

3.  Getting a fucking adult, not a tweener.  Matt Bomer would be fine if he could put on about 35 lbs of muscle although a bit small.  Hammer has shown some acting chops and has the physique, he'd be interesting.  Lone Ranger almost killed his young career, would he put on another mask?  I love John Hamm, a decade ago but that's not what they're going for and he's 47.  Gyllenhall is the right age but a little small and he's in the new Spider-man.  May be too much Superhero fatigue.  Jack Huston is a little small but right age and edge.  Like to see what Chris Pine could have done in the role, but he's already in the DC universe.  Bradley Cooper?  Jensen Ackles if you want a pretty boy?  Lee Pace?  I feel like Hammer is the obvious choice so they'll fuck it up.

all of these are terrible.  armie hammer is hollywood’s biggest joke.  jon hamm is impossible to take seriously; he simply wouldn’t work.  

give me alexander skarsgard.