The Next Batman

EvilCaseMcCoy

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, TexasMan said:

I forget who said it best about this (maybe Kevin Smith), but you're not casting Batman, you're casting Bruce Wayne.

To me, Jon Hamm would be great for it. 

Absolutely correct. That's why Christian Bale is a bit overrated in that role...he obviously was great as Batman(despite the voice), but as Bruce Wayne didn't think he was the best(that's Keaton)

On 2/14/2019 at 6:56 AM, futureman said:

all of these are terrible.  armie hammer is hollywood’s biggest joke.  jon hamm is impossible to take seriously; he simply wouldn’t work.  

give me alexander skarsgard. 

Lee Pace

He could also bond with Robin.

But seriously, Lee Pace would kill it

If they go with a traditional Bruce Wayne, then he begins to be Batman in his mid-late 20's in most iterations.  25 from original comics.  Even if he's "grown" into the job with 7-8 years of experience, he's in his early 30's and this is reportedly the version DC is returning to after trying out Frank Miller's older Batman.  So the John Hamm's or Keanu Reeves (JFC) or Liev Schreiber suggestions are misplaced.  To give you an idea, Christian Bale had just turned 30 when he began production on Batman Begins.  The casting is probably going to be someone between 26-35 years old.  Oldest, will probably be late 30's.

Ok I put in the metrics above to get a list going (Male 26-35). No way to filter based on height. Currently sorted by some IMDB popularity metric.

https://www.imdb.com/search/name?birth_date=1984-01-01,1993-12-31&gender=male

I have no fucking idea who most of these people are and have a hard time seeing any of them producing anything I'd be interested in watching after growing up with Keaton and later enjoying Bale.

Edited by MoJames

22 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Ok I put in the metrics above to get a list going (Male 26-35). No way to filter based on height. Currently sorted by some IMDB popularity metric.

https://www.imdb.com/search/name?birth_date=1984-01-01,1993-12-31&gender=male

I have no fucking idea who most of these people are and have a hard time seeing any of them producing anything I'd be interested in watching after growing up with Keaton and later enjoying Bale.

I like that you (using term loosely) have Haley Joel Osment and Joffery in there...... Gleeson quit acting or is taking a break, but was the kid in Batman Begins.

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

lee pace is gay.  we get it.

must be a klein thing.

I thought he went both ways.

Seriously, dudes a good actor. Not sure if the world is ready for a gay batman.

Doesn't matter to me. I think he could do it.

Edited by ckhorn