The Next Batman

EvilCaseMcCoy

On 2/24/2019 at 9:11 PM, GottaB said:

So this was floated on Kevin Smith’s podcast.

Let Michael Keaton play the old batman manning the cave alfred style and a new young actor play that role.

I actually like the idea of bringing Keaton back.   

And id be good with Will Arnett going from LEGO Batman to DCEU Batman.   Have him be his LEGO Batman character plus his Flaked character.  

Wait, Flaked maybe his real persona.   He’d be perfect.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Warner Bros are Team Edward it seems. Ghost of Tom Joad will be pleased.

Robert Pattinson Cast as The Batman for Director Matt Reeves

Pre-production could begin this summer.

Jim Vejvoda Jim Vejvoda
16 May 2019 7:53 pm

Batman (Reboot)Batman (Reboot)

The Batman

Batman (Reboot)Batman (Reboot)

Twilight star Robert Pattinson will reportedly star in the title role in The Batman, director Matt Reeves' upcoming DC Comics movie.Variety reports that pre-production begins this summer. Matt Reeves is still polishing the script.

"No official start date has been set for The Batman. Insiders tell Variety filming could start in late 2019 or early 2020," according to the trade.

Pattinson will be the sixth actor to play the modern incarnation of the Dark Knight on the big screen since Michael Keaton starred in 1989's Batman. He succeeds Ben Affleck in the role, who bowed out after playing the Dark Knight in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League. Rpats_Batman-720x405.jpeg?fit=crop&dpr=1&quality=75&width=96&height=96Robert Pattinson will play the title role in The Batman. Pattinson's next movie will be Christopher Nolan's next film, which also stars John David Washington.

His film credits include not only his star-making turn as vampire Edward Cullen in the Twilight franchise, but in more recent years he has appeared in such indie films The Lost City of Z, High Life, Maps to the Stars, and Queen of the Desert.

The Batman swings into theaters June 25, 2021.

I have no issue with Pattinson or the director, but the issue with all of this is that you are chasing the dragon in that Batman peaked with Nolan and no one will ever top it.

Just like Star Wars will never top the OT. Just like no one cast as Iron Man will ever top RDJ. 

I get it's a business but my expectations are low. Maybe that's a good thing and I can be surprised at a decent film. 

The issue with Pattinson is he hasn't shown the physical chops nor the proper physique to realistically look like a half crazy vigilante with "wonderful toys".  His rep is also as an emo tweener heavy petting symbol.  Now guys can break out of that stereotype (Leo and others attest) and certainly has been trying with his indie career.  Additionally, I'm sure they can bulk him if he's ready for it.  He's the proper age but this is an..... interesting choice.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Clooney?

That's right.  It's funny, but I think you can draw a straighter line between the Schumacher Batman stuff and the current stream of MCU releases than from other 90s comic book movies.  

Edited by Fozzz

5 hours ago, Fozzz said:

That's right.  It's funny, but I think you can draw a straighter line between the Schumacher Batman stuff and the current stream of MCU releases than from other 90s comic book movies.  

at least marvel didn't put nipples on iron man

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I actually had no issue with Affleck's Batman.  The issue was the material, not really with Ben.  

This is just so fucking odd, I think he could have made a cool villain.

the problem isn't his batman. it's his bruce.

• Like 1

I remember Christian Bail saying that he would consider reprising the role but they were ready to move on from him post-Nolan. Seems weird they’d dump one of the top 2 (or 3 depending how much you love Adam West) batmen for this vampire tranny. DC keeps screwing up their Supermen too. At least they locked down a hottie for WW.