The Next Batman

EvilCaseMcCoy

On 8/25/2020 at 12:19 PM, Sbbruin said:

Yep.  Go dark and gritty to differentiate DC from Marvel.

I don't care about the "dark and gritty"... that's been done like, a million times.  Even Tim Burton's Batman was considered "dark and gritty" at the time.

What I'm hoping to see is the "detective" version of Batman that we haven't really seen much of since Tim Burton's Batman.  Even the Nolan movies, which are brilliant, pretty much glossed over that aspect of the character.

36 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I don't care about the "dark and gritty"... that's been done like, a million times.  Even Tim Burton's Batman was considered "dark and gritty" at the time.

What I'm hoping to see is the "detective" version of Batman that we haven't really seen much of since Tim Burton's Batman.  Even the Nolan movies, which are brilliant, pretty much glossed over that aspect of the character.

Yea that would rule!

On 8/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, deech said:

Dano will get me in the theater.  I think Pattinson is a good enough actor, but it's Batman.  I don't know that it requires acting chops.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:32 PM, Eskimohorn said:

Ben Affleck says different

This right there. 

People think Batman doesn’t require acting chops because the majority of actors that play him make it look easy. 

Michael Keaton - Oscar nominee for best actor 

George Clooney - Oscar winner for best supporting actor 

Val Kilmer - No nominations for acting (no Tombstone, wtf?)

Christian Bale - Oscar winner for best actor 

Ben Affleck - No nominations for acting (writing/directing only)

Robert Pattinson - 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This right there. 

People think Batman doesn’t require acting chops because the majority of actors that play him make it look easy. 

Michael Keaton - Oscar nominee for best actor 

George Clooney - Oscar winner for best supporting actor 

Val Kilmer - No nominations for acting (no Tombstone, wtf?)

Christian Bale - Oscar winner for best actor 

Ben Affleck - No nominations for acting (writing/directing only)

Robert Pattinson -

Christian Bale is the only good actor on the list. Val Kilmer was amazing in Tombstone and I love Willow and Heat, but the rest of his career is dogshit.

Actors with Oscar nominations - Mark Wahlberg, Sylvester Stallone, Melissa McCarthy, Queen Latifa

Actors with Oscar wins - Gwyneth Paltrow, Sandra Bullock, Cuba Gooding Jr., Renee Zellweger

Hell Robert Pattinson could turn out to be the second best actor on the list once his career is done.

• Hook 'Em 1

Batman is easy. Bruce Wayne is not. 
I do like his batman voice, and I can see a young Bruce Wayne still processing the emotions of his parents dying, and having unlimited financial access, being wild and aggressive, and and lashing out against his father/authority figures in Gordon and Alfred. So if that’s how it plays, I think Pattinson can do that. 

Christian Bale is the only good actor on the list. Val Kilmer was amazing in Tombstone and I love Willow and Heat, but the rest of his career is dogshit.
Actors with Oscar nominations - Mark Wahlberg, Sylvester Stallone, Melissa McCarthy, Queen Latifa
Actors with Oscar wins - Gwyneth Paltrow, Sandra Bullock, Cuba Gooding Jr., Renee Zellweger
Hell Robert Pattinson could turn out to be the second best actor on the list once his career is done.

Val Kilmer now makes bad movies and some good ones. Hell, I argued with someone here against the idea that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was his best role. He’s an amazing actor that now has gained weight and is largely burned out.

But yes, Bruce Wayne is the difficult role. Batman is easier, though Pattinson looked menacing in his the short scene in the preview.

28 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Val Kilmer now makes bad movies and some good ones. Hell, I argued with someone here against the idea that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was his best role. He’s an amazing actor that now has gained weight and is largely burned out.

But yes, Bruce Wayne is the difficult role. Batman is easier, though Pattinson looked menacing in his the short scene in the preview.

Just wait until they announce Will Smith as the next Batman. 

27 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Burned out? Since 2005 and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang he is credited as an actor in 59 productions with 19 of those being direct to video releases. Dude had a good run of roles, he excelled as Doc, but I can't put him in the same category as Christian Bale as a great actor.

2 hours ago, MoJames said:

This is a terrible take. I won’t argue anyone that puts Bale as the best actor among the group, but to say Keaton, Val, and Clooney  aren’t good actors is ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, lateshow said:

The Fresh Prince of Gotham would be a hoot. 

The story could revolve around the fact that Batman and Catwoman are going through relationship issues when it is revealed that Catwoman is sleeping with a much younger Robin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:35 PM, MoJames said:

The story could revolve around the fact that Batman and Catwoman are going through relationship issues when it is revealed that Catwoman is sleeping with a much younger Robin. 

Suppose Catwoman sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I’m looking good. Got a luscious V of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes “Oh my God! I’ve had the old bull. Now I want the young calf” and grabs me by the wiener.

Shut the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, mr. sunshine said:

Suppose Catwoman sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I’m looking good. Got a luscious V of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes “Oh my God! I’ve had the old bull. Now I want the young calf” and grabs me by the wiener.

Shut the fuck up.

Hey. I'm Bruce.

I'm Selina. But you have to call me catwoman.

You have to call me... batman.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, MoJames said:

This is a horrible take. Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton, and George Clooney are all fantastic actors. The fact you think they’re not pretty much erases any credibility you have 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is a horrible take. Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton, and George Clooney are all fantastic actors. The fact you think they’re not pretty much erases any credibility you have 

So are all of the oscar winners he listed, lol

Although I haven't seen much of Renee 

16 minutes ago, Parliament said:

We'll see if he outgrew his sparkly vampire stage when we see him in Tenet.  Early reviews of his performance are solid.

He was good in Lost City of Z. I haven’t seen the Lighthouse yet but apparently he was good in it. He’s been doing solid grown up work recently 

15 hours ago, Parliament said:

We'll see if he outgrew his sparkly vampire stage when we see him in Tenet.  Early reviews of his performance are solid.

To be fair to him, lots of actors take dumb roles in bad movies while trying to make it or just to get paid. He hates that role and those movies and makes fun of it as much as he can when asked about it in any interview. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his other work. 

22 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

To be fair to him, lots of actors take dumb roles in bad movies while trying to make it or just to get paid. He hates that role and those movies and makes fun of it as much as he can when asked about it in any interview. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his other work. 

Exactly. Leo in Titanic. The leads in 50 Shades (whatever the fuck their names are). Shit, I bet even Harry Potter wished he had stopped after a couple of movies.

Young actors don't really get the luxury of being picky early on. They're not going to turn down a paycheck just because the risk exists of getting type-cast from then on.

On 8/28/2020 at 1:43 PM, Eskimohorn said:

Most of the weight was due to throat cancer. He now speaks through a trach.  He introduced a Tombstone event I went to for Alamo last year. 

30 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

594bebf5a3630f1a008b4a69?width=1300&form

image.thumb.png.cc3058b9ed1edc2485e48068af511229.png

(Walken image from Gigli)

image.png.8a2497fc6028e2a886f78092c42d8915.png

image.thumb.png.e04f272c22439ee2b6139d3f1d8b8a8b.png