The Next Batman

EvilCaseMcCoy

To be fair to him, lots of actors take dumb roles in bad movies while trying to make it or just to get paid. He hates that role and those movies and makes fun of it as much as he can when asked about it in any interview. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his other work. 
Hey, I agree. Who among us hasn't done...things...to advance their career?

32 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

LOL at this take.

??

Sorry, didn't mean to imply it was a dumb movie. But it was a role (teen heartthrob in a romantic lead) that he wanted to get away from quickly. He's said as much himself. 

Yes, I'm aware that Leo had an impressive career up to that point. But that role had a chance of defining him if he didn't prove to be such an amazing actor in everything else he did.

Edited by aggie08

On 9/3/2020 at 7:33 PM, Neonmoon said:

This is a horrible take. Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton, and George Clooney are all fantastic actors. The fact you think they’re not pretty much erases any credibility you have 

Val Kilmer is washed up well before his Tongue Cancer.

Michael Keaton can do some humor and a deranged manic character well.

Clooney plays himself well.

I'm so upset I don't get your credibility.

Christian Bale runs circles around all three of them.

s2248_gplanding_1573674522.jpg

My point on listing the Oscar winners/nominations was to point out it is an awful metric to determine if someone is a good actor.

• 5 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, PilotsError said:

He didn't want to be typecast.  That doesn't mean he regrets the movie.  He doesn't.

Yeah. It’s not like he did Pearl Harbor. It’s fucking James Cameron. 

Terminator. Aliens. The Abyss. T2. True Lies. 

Leo has made a career of working with the best directors in the world. That’s what Titanic was. And it’s a good fucking movie.

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Leo has made a career of working with the best directors in the world. That’s what Titanic was. And it’s a good fucking movie.

You're so stupid Rose!

13 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Was a good movie but not as good as The Full Monty which was also nominated.

15 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

that movie sucks ass

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Was a good movie but not as good as The Full Monty which was also nominated.

It’s a good movie, but I didn’t say it should have won Best Picture. The correct answer for Best Picture in that year was L.A. Confidential.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

Personally I think it’s a bad sign they dropped this trailer on a Saturday. Hope I’m wrong. 

This was DC’s annual online event (DC Fandome) where they drop trailers and behind the scenes for their upcoming slate. They’ve been doing this instead of Comic Con lately. 

1 hour ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

The forces behind casting Robert Pattinson are pretty impressive because you have this guy with a mockable background, but something about him makes everyone forgive that, me included.

Sure, the Twilight movies sucked, but he really is a great actor. Check out High Life, for example - it's a weird ass movie, but he's fantastic in it. And I think others here have mentioned The Lighthouse and Tenet. He seems to be able to make the most of whatever role he takes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

The forces behind casting Robert Pattinson are pretty impressive because you have this guy with a mockable background, but something about him makes everyone forgive that, me included.

Pattinson has been in some really good stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1