The Next Batman

EvilCaseMcCoy

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If the film is half as good as the trailer, it should be a winner. 

Pattinson was fine in Tenet, and... that's it. His filmography is worse than you could ever imagine.  Link: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1500155/

The Devil All The Time is good. The Lighthouse is good. Lost City of Z was okay. The Harry Potter he was in was one of the better ones. 

He hasn't been in the best projects but he's rarely the issue with whatever he's in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

i dig that the Batmobile looks like a souped-up 70s muscle car, that's cool!

Batman is the only comic/superhero i like and will watch. but i didn't see any of Affleck's Batman bc those movies had too much of all the other superhero stuff. just not my thing.

this looks pretty damn good. i think i just like Batman bc his only superpower is money and bc his 'universe' is always so dark, with really dark themes.

oh, i do also love Deadpool, i suppose he's technically a superhero, just profane and hysterical 😄

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm a lot more skeptical about Pattinson than most on here, but not because of his sparkly past.  I think batman has to be more manly and imposing than he is. The whole heroin look he's got going on gives too much of a frail impression.

Did you see him in the king?

4 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

I'm a lot more skeptical about Pattinson than most on here, but not because of his sparkly past.  I think batman has to be more manly and imposing than he is. The whole heroin look he's got going on gives too much of a frail impression.

He's 6'1

This isnt Cruise playing Reacher...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Forget the last two decades of older Batman.  This is early Batman.  If you're looking for a possible synopsis,check out the New Rockstars Easter egg breakdown.  There are tons if plot points literally spelled out in both trailers.  The interviews before also reveal some if the inspiration.  Zodiac killer meets seven meets Chinatown meets Batman year two.  

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 11:22 AM, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Uh, are we forgetting Michael Keaton as Batman? I wouldn't call him imposing. He is as about as everyman as you could get, and yet he was a great Batman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lateshow said:

Uh, are we forgetting Michael Keaton as Batman? I wouldn't call him imposing. He is as about as everyman as you could get, and yet he was a great Batman. 

Also Pattinson is allegively 6'1 which is downright terrifying in Hollywood circles

1 hour ago, lateshow said:

Who are we kidding, it wasn't until Bale that the movie makers decided that maybe the actor should at least appear to be strong.

3 hours ago, lateshow said:

I like Michael Keaton but he was a terrible batman, he never moved his head. Looking back now those movies are awful and aged terribly 

Edited by Michael Knight

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I like Michael Keaton but he was a terrible batman, he never moved his head. Looking back now those movies are awful and aged terribly 

The hell you say.

The Joel Schumacher ones are shit. BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS are great. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I think until Nolan's they were all pretty campy and don't hold up well.  But Nolan's batman movies don't even have a superhero feel to them at all, so that's probably why they appeal so much more to the average person who has never picked up a comic.

Dark Knight Rises was terrible, stark contrast to Batman Begins & Dark Knight which were really good & still my favorite comic book movies ever. Interested to see how this compares, I have tix for tomorrow.