Casey Thompson

Tex Long

2 minutes ago, Nope said:

Or…if Card shuts it down to preserve the redshirt we’re fucked if an injury happens

If an injury happens to Casey, we maybe fucked regardless of if Card is available or not. I don't think he is anywhere close to being ready to lead Texas this year in conference play. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

If an injury happens to Casey, we maybe fucked regardless of if Card is available or not. I don't think he is anywhere close to being ready to lead Texas this year in conference play. 

Uhhh I would feel a lot more confident with Card out there instead of Charles Wright

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

You’re right. Coach K is no Orlan_o.

I know our defense hasn’t been all that great thus far, but I’m really looking forward to what coach K and Sark draw up. The cOcksUckers have an ocean of holes on defense and their offense ain’t what it was under Baker fuckface or Kyler who still gets carded at bars. I know I shouldn’t, but I have an oddly good feeling about the ou game. The current crop of starters have had their asses handed to em the last couple years in the cotton bowl. That weighs on the players. See 2013. Then I feel like Sark knows that the ou game is THE game and he K will exploit their weaknesses in ways ou isn’t used to. Already got my tickets. Time to turn the fuckin tide 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Most of us thought we would dominate Arky. I am not ready to take any of our conference opponent for granted yet. 

Arky may have been a very bad matchup this early in the season. They’re not great, but they have a decent amount of tonnage in the trenches. Combine that with us starting a green QB and learning new schemes on both sides of the ball, which all leads to a recipe for disaster early I. The season. If this staff is who we think they are, they’ll learn and adjust as the season goes on. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The Card redshirt thing is so overblown. The odds of him staying at Texas through a hypothetical year 6 are minuscule. By that point he’ll have either transferred or played enough to be an NFL prospect. Game reps are way more important for him right now than preserving a redshirt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The Card redshirt thing is so overblown. The odds of him staying at Texas through a hypothetical year 6 are minuscule. By that point he’ll have either transferred or played enough to be an NFL prospect. Game reps are way more important for him right now than preserving a redshirt.

Card is hoping to win his job back, as he should. However, a strong arm kid like that? A bunch of schools are going to be in his ear about getting in the portal after a bit.

14 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

But the question is, would Hudson be the best second option or is there someone else waiting in the wings that would be better.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We haven't seen Casey on the road yet, but we probably needed that loss to get our guys to do some soul searching.

We did....I believe he had TDs on both drives he was on.  I know, garbage time, Arky unmotivated despite near-goal line stand, yada yada.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

After Colorado, I knew at most schools, Thompson would be the guy going into the following season. But WE ARE TEXAS, and here lately the Westlake - LT Mafia has way too much sway, so a fucking controversy was manufactured and it cost us a game. To Sark's credit, he manned up to the boosters and IT and told them to fuck off and put the guy back out there. The guy is playing like the guy we saw in the CU game and the sky is still the limit on this season thanks to the playoff. 
The line didn't improve all of a sudden. Neither did the receivers. Thompson just elevates them all that much by what he brings to the table; Card, right now, drags them all down. 
There are times I hate this program despite my family's 130-year-old association with the 40. The anointing of Hudson Card was one of them. Now we are moving away from that mistake, all gas and no brakes. I kind of doubt Terrapin Tom would have had the balls to do this. 

New coach, new scheme.

Card is 6’2+ and supposed to be athletic with a great arm.
Casey is like 5’11-6’ and more athletic with an okay arm.

Sark doesn’t run his QBs, so it’s easy to see how Card looked better. He also looked better in the Spring game.
Casey has IT though, it’s hard to see in practice.

Once upon a time, Cam Newton barely won a QB battle at Auburn then went on to go #1 in the draft.

Shit isn’t as easy to tell as you think
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

New coach, new scheme.

Card is 6’2+ and supposed to be athletic with a great arm.
Casey is like 5’11-6’ and more athletic with an okay arm.

Sark doesn’t run his QBs, so it’s easy to see how Card looked better. He also looked better in the Spring game.
Casey has IT though, it’s hard to see in practice.

Once upon a time, Cam Newton barely won a QB battle at Auburn then went on to go #1 in the draft.

Shit isn’t as easy to tell as you think

"supposed to be athletic"

If Sark can't see if he is or is not, that's on him.

Coaches make this shit harder on themselves than it really is.

See VY til mid-04. You play your best guys and tailor your precious fucking offense to them. 

I remember this summer when I was arguing on this board that regardless of how they practiced and Justin Wells’s idiotic takes, Thompson was the guy, I was guaranteed by our brilliant fans that he was a JAG. 

I really wish I could revisit fall practice and attend to see WTF it was that sark fell in love with on Card. Drives me nuts. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

I remember this summer when I was arguing on this board that regardless of how they practiced and Justin Wells’s idiotic takes, Thompson was the guy, I was guaranteed by our brilliant fans that he was a JAG. 
I really wish I could revisit fall practice and attend to see WTF it was that sark fell in love with on Card. Drives me nuts. 

Same. I always felt that Thompson should the QB. Practice or not practice.

Yes Card has more arm talent. That’s doesn’t make you a better QB.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

QB1 by a wide margin. We’re lucky he stuck around and waited patiently for his moment. He’s a true Longhorn like Sam.

Yup. Many lesser men would have transferred. They even talked about it during the Tech game today. Love me some Casey. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3