This Person Does Not Exist

CooterBrown

I remember reading, in a credible source, that your brain isn't actually capable of making up new faces.  Every face you "see" in a dream/daydream/imagination/etc., is actually someone you saw in real life, albeit in a perfunctory passing-by.  Not sure how they know this, but apparently it's quite true.  Your brain can't "invent" a new face, just a variation of one currently stored in your long-term "hard drive."  Or so it has been explained to me. 

That's what makes this really interesting.  And how does the AI program know that face hasn't already existed in the world?  Haven't we had about 70 billion homo sapiens live and die over the years?  

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

I remember reading, in a credible source, that your brain isn't actually capable of making up new faces.  Every face you "see" in a dream/daydream/imagination/etc., is actually someone you saw in real life, albeit in a perfunctory passing-by.  Not sure how they know this, but apparently it's quite true.  Your brain can't "invent" a new face, just a variation of one currently stored in your long-term "hard drive."  Or so it has been explained to me. 

That's what makes this really interesting.  And how does the AI program know that face hasn't already existed in the world?  Haven't we had about 70 billion homo sapiens live and die over the years?  

Is this why all white people look the same?

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

1. There would be absolutely no way to prove this.

2. It's complete bullshit. 

• 2 weeks later...