Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

12 minutes ago, pops said:

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Hate Crime means the FBI automatically gets involved. Which is likely why they were able to track the Nigerians movements so quickly and why as soon as they returned from Nigeria on Wednesday the investigation kicked into high gear. It could be just bs/ fake news but there are rumors that Jussie has within the last 24 hours found some high profile representation.

Just waiting for the “My client has TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome), PTSD, is biopolar,  a drug addict and extremely angry his role in  the 1992 classic film Mighty Ducks didn’t catapult him into The Hollywood A List. My client has checked into an undisclosed rehab where he can get the care he deserves and should have had all along if the mental health system in our country weren’t broken.” 

I’m pretty much sure this exactly what his lawyer will end up saying. Or he could say no comment. 

Just for the record, "hate crime" does not mean the FBI gets involved automatically.  Hate crimes are defined by state criminal laws and generally investigated and prosecuted by state authorities, as most criminal offenses should be. 

You are thinking of "civil rights violations," which arguably any crime that isn't investigated or prosecuted sufficiently thoroughly for some federal moral arbiter's purposes**, but more likely to be "bias" motivated crimes.  From a federalism standpoint, it's complete bullshit, unless there is a credible allegation that the investigation or prosecution itself was hindered by bias in the state institutions.

**whose real motivation is more likely than not to secure favorable press (glory) for the FBI or the DOJ.

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just for the record, "hate crime" does not mean the FBI gets involved automatically.  Hate crimes are defined by state criminal laws and generally investigated and prosecuted by state authorities, as most criminal offenses should be. 

You are thinking of "civil rights violations," which arguably any crime that isn't investigated or prosecuted sufficiently thoroughly for some federal moral arbiter's purposes**, but more likely to be "bias" motivated crimes.  From a federalism standpoint, it's complete bullshit, unless there is a credible allegation that the investigation or prosecution itself was hindered by bias in the state institutions.

**whose real motivation is more likely than not to secure favorable press (glory) for the FBI or the DOJ.

Yes FBI does automatically get involved. You sound like a cool hippie!

1 minute ago, pops said:

Fuck feeling bad about it. Dude took the craziest left wing narrative and presented it as truth to further his personal agenda. Fuck that guy. He sucks. 

He does suck. He puts my cousin and his boyfriend at risk. For what? He deserves to go down. Proving it is a whole other matter. I’m not a fan of of the me too movement. I was in a sorority at UT. Was assaulted didn’t report it. Because how do you go there when you’re both drunk. It’s not Fair  to either person and you just hope sober they wouldn’t do that to you. And if you’d read any of my posts you’d know I’m a skeptic. I don’t believe his story and never have

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes FBI does automatically get involved. You sound like a cool hippie!

No, I just think the FBI kinda sucks.  Just more dirty cops in better suits and a bigger budget. And the FBI is involved in this solely because it's "high profile," and ostensibly because of use of the mail to threaten our boy.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Considering that “someone “ sent him a threatening letter to him through the mail, there is a real good chance that they get the FBI involved that way...

Regardless, this whole thing is a mess and it will more than likely pull in a few more strange ties than currently implied.

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No, I just think the FBI kinda sucks.  Just more dirty cops in better suits.

From my perspective they do not suck and they will find who they want. But you’ve probably never had a friend murdered and watched how fast they can be at getting the job done

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Thanks for sharing that. Which is gross and weird. And in no way resembles me

Darlin', it warn't about you. It was 'bout backtracin'. And consequences. Consequences that will never be the same. 

I got a powerful urge to write a country song for some strange reason right now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

He should find out what it's like in an American prison.

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

He should find out what it's like in an American prison.

Wtf? It’s not about being raped in prison! He should be humiliated and blacklisted which if y’all know Hollywood types it’s punishment enough. Let the LGBTQ decide

I just felt that this was a good time to inform everyone that this crime (the false report) is a Class B misdemeanor in Texas, regardless of the seriousness of the fabricated charge.

The punishment would be handled like any other in that category. Just a probation if there’s no criminal history, otherwise, he would serve a max of 6 months in county jail (actually would serve half or less of that). Max fine is $2,000.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Wtf? It’s not about being raped in prison! He should be humiliated and blacklisted which if y’all know Hollywood types it’s punishment enough. Let the LGBTQ decide

Fuck no the LGBTQ doesn't get to decide his fate.  He smeared white men and falsely accused presumably conservative persons of committing a hate crime.   That's illegal and immoral.  Fucker needs to be in jail and his career ruined.  Then once he's out the LGBTQ can decide if they're dumb enough to date his lying ass but he doesn't get off scot free because he's a black gay man.  Lying about white people doesn't give you a pass.  What if this had happened in the summer and there was a riot or violent incident because someone believed him?  Actions should have consequences.  

2 minutes ago, TxEx99 said:

Fuck no the LGBTQ doesn't get to decide his fate.  He smeared white men and falsely accused presumably conservative persons of committing a hate crime.   That's illegal and immoral.  Fucker needs to be in jail and his career ruined.  Then once he's out the LGBTQ can decide if they're dumb enough to date his lying ass but he doesn't get off scot free because he's a black gay man.  Lying about white people doesn't give you a pass.  What if this had happened in the summer and there was a riot or violent incident because someone believed him?  Actions should have consequences.  

I already said how I felt. He should prosecuted and found guilty. Have you read my posts on this matter? 

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Not sure what the penalty is for giving a false police report and putting 2 innocent people in jail. I feel like it should involve jail time and some wipe out your financials civil suits. But that's just me.

I don’t see how they can’t classify this as a “hate crime”. Equality of the law to all and shit right?  This guy is clearly full of hate. 

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16/sources-brothers-released-bought-rope-used-in-jussie-smollett-attack/

Jussie Smollett Case: Brothers Questioned By Police Were Paid $3,500 To Stage Attack, Which Was Rehearsed Days Before, Sources Say

CHICAGO (CBS) — Jussie Smollett paid two brothers to stage an attack against him, directed them to buy items used in the alleged assault and actually rehearsed it with them, sources say.

Sources say at least one of the brothers bought the rope used in the incident at Smollett’s request. The sources also say the “Empire” actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in the Ravenswood neighborhood the weekend of Jan. 25. (snip)

DzkXn1KXQAAlVxB.jpg

Not a good look for the taxidermy community.

ng-2a.jpg?w=500&h=287

14 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16/sources-brothers-released-bought-rope-used-in-jussie-smollett-attack/

Jussie Smollett Case: Brothers Questioned By Police Were Paid $3,500 To Stage Attack, Which Was Rehearsed Days Before, Sources Say

CHICAGO (CBS) — Jussie Smollett paid two brothers to stage an attack against him, directed them to buy items used in the alleged assault and actually rehearsed it with them, sources say.

Sources say at least one of the brothers bought the rope used in the incident at Smollett’s request. The sources also say the “Empire” actor paid for the rope, which was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store in the Ravenswood neighborhood the weekend of Jan. 25. (snip)

DzkXn1KXQAAlVxB.jpg

Not a good look for the taxidermy community.

ng-2a.jpg?w=500&h=287

A gay man being taken down by the crafty beaver...

Pussy always wins, regardless the context of verbiage I guess

• Like 2