Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

I just felt that this was a good time to inform everyone that this crime (the false report) is a Class B misdemeanor in Texas, regardless of the seriousness of the fabricated charge.

If you are proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have filed a false report, the consequences should be equivalent to the crime you false reported.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, A Cellar Honker said:

Wannabe victims of white man oppression are going to need to come up with  something  better than a noose.  Is there any prop more hackneyed and cliche?

Well it's hard to get a custom made Klan hat with MAGA on it on short notice. Noose out front should have told ya.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A Cellar Honker said:

Wannabe victims of white man oppression are going to need to come up with  something  better than a noose.  Is there any prop more hackneyed and cliche?

Thats what made this so obviously a fake. White racist people don’t act that way, they do other passive aggressive bad shit. 

This was a theatrical portrayal of this guys perspective of white racist, and like his fellow racists lacks any detailed understanding of who they are racist towards. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

You don't, to my knowledge it's never happened. Which make the hate crime laws, or at least their enforcement, get this, racist. Seriously, iirc, I think for it to be a hate crime the victim must be in a minority group, but I'd need to look that up to confirm. Or maybe one the hundreds of Surly lawyers will do my homework for me.

Not surprisingly, you’re incorrect. 10% of prosecuted hate crimes involve minority offenders.

The FBI defines a hate crime as a "criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity." So you’re actually incredibly incorrect.

Edited by Helobious
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

14 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yet only 10% are non-whites committing "hate crimes" 

It might not be written but your own fucking reference says I'm not that far from the truth.

Also, I fucking indicated in my post that I would need to look it up. Admitted uncertainty, yet I was closer to the truth than you AFTER you looked it up, fuck tard.

Your righteous indignation was fully merited in this instance.

Jesus titty fucking Christ this place has a lot of fucking stupid. You should get a rope.

And no, I don't care to "debate" it further with your dumb ass.

So you’re saying I should kill myself because you were wrong about something? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Not surprisingly, you’re incorrect. 10% of prosecuted hate crimes involve minority offenders.

The FBI defines a hate crime as a "criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity." So you’re actually incredibly incorrect.

you post a source claiming he’s right 9 out of 10 times yet you say he’s “incredibly incorrect.”

fucking tremendous stuff, man.  keep it coming. 

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

you post a source claiming he’s right 9 out of 10 times yet you say he’s “incredibly incorrect.”

fucking tremendous stuff, man.  keep it coming. 

He said it’s “never happened”, yet it happened over 500 times in 2015. Also said it only applies to minorities, which is not true.

Edited by Helobious

Lol here is Jussie Smollett’s tweet from his verified account two days before his fake attack:

[IMG]Jussie Smollett‏Verified account @JussieSmollett
Frauds are everywhere y’all. Protect the mind, heart and spirit of you and your people at all costs. Just remember... Salt, cocaine and anthrax can all appear to be sugar...(the “refined” kind of course) just be careful out here fam. Happy Sunday. Love you. Real talk. Love on.

9:43 AM - 27 Jan 2019 from Chicago, IL

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I also didn't say it only applies to minorities I said iirc correctly the victim must be in a minority group. White people in wheel chairs or with learning disabilities are also minorities even if they are only victims of hate crimes 10% of the time.

Which is not correct, the victim does not have to be in a minority group for it to count as a hate crime. 

Also show me a post where I ever said I believed this guy. I only posted here because I saw you spouting off falsehoods about hate crime laws. You got offended by facts I presented and told me to kill myself. 

• Like 2

The FBI's definition of hate crime is not relevant unless the case is prosecuted in federal court.  In this case, Illinois' statute controls:

Sec. 12-7.1. Hate crime.
    (a) A person commits hate crime when, by reason of the actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or national origin of another individual or group of individuals, regardless of the existence of any other motivating factor or factors, he or she commits assault, battery, aggravated assault, intimidation, stalking, cyberstalking, misdemeanor theft, criminal trespass to residence, misdemeanor criminal damage to property, criminal trespass to vehicle, criminal trespass to real property, mob action, disorderly conduct, transmission of obscene messages, harassment by telephone, or harassment through electronic communications as these crimes are defined in Sections 12-1, 12-2, 12-3(a), 12-7.3, 12-7.5, 16-1, 19-4, 21-1, 21-2, 21-3, 25-1, 26-1, 26.5-1, 26.5-2, paragraphs (a)(1), (a)(2), and (a)(3) of Section 12-6, and paragraphs (a)(2) and (a)(5) of Section 26.5-3 of this Code, respectively.  

The statute goes on, and on, and on.  But that's the gist of it.

Contrast Texas', which simply raises the penalty one level.

(a) If an affirmative finding under Article 42.014, Code of Criminal Procedure , is made in the trial of an offense other than a first degree felony or a Class A misdemeanor, the punishment for the offense is increased to the punishment prescribed for the next highest category of offense.  If the offense is a Class A misdemeanor, the minimum term of confinement for the offense is increased to 180 days.  This section does not apply to the trial of an offense of injury to a disabled individual under § 22.04 , if the affirmative finding in the case under Article 42.014, Code of Criminal Procedure , shows that the defendant intentionally selected the victim because the victim was disabled.

(b) The attorney general, if requested to do so by a prosecuting attorney, may assist the prosecuting attorney in the investigation or prosecution of an offense committed because of bias or prejudice.  The attorney general shall designate one individual in the division of the attorney general's office that assists in the prosecution of criminal cases to coordinate responses to requests made under this subsection.

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

"To my knowledge it's never happened" is not the same as saying "it's never happened".

Well, there's really no reason to say the first thing.  There's no point in stating a "truth" that relies on your own ignorance.  To my knowledge, there's no way televisions or cell phones should work.

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Jesus fucking Christ Beau, I expect better from you.

Eh, it's one of my pet peeves because my wife does it all the time. As in:

"Why are the windows open when it's 90 fucking degrees outside?"

"I thought they were closed."

"What you thought is irrelevant.  It's not fucking hard to check the windows and find out."

and 

"Why did you not turn the lizard's light on?"

"I thought you had it programmed to turn on."

"All you had to do was look over in the corner of the room and see the lizard sitting in the dark.  What you thought is irrelevant."

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

You don't, to my knowledge it's never happened. Which make the hate crime laws, or at least their enforcement, get this, racist. Seriously, iirc, I think for it to be a hate crime the victim must be in a minority group, but I'd need to look that up to confirm. Or maybe one the hundreds of Surly lawyers will do my homework for me.

Pretty sure it would be something easy to look up, so I did. https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017/topic-pages/offenders

Race 

In 2017, race was reported for 6,370 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

• 50.7 percent were White.
  • 21.3 percent were Black or African American.
  • 7.5 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
  • 0.8 percent (49 offenders) were American Indian or Alaska Native.
  • 0.7 percent (42 offenders) were Asian.
  • 3 offenders were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
  • 19.1 percent were unknown.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

The reference to a rope was the alleged Noose the man was attacked with during his fictional hate crime.

If you've read the thread you might have picked up on the fact that I'm just posting in here out of bordem.

I never suggested you should kill yourself and never would suggest such a thing.

You really should take a deep breath and relax. I admitted my supposition based statement was errant. Not sure what the fuck else you are looking for in terms of recognition or satisfaction.

Unlike you, I haven't put words in your mouth and this is the third time you've modified, or taken my words out of context saying they mean something that they didn't. You should probably stop doing that... It makes your posting factually inaccurate which is what you admonished me for in the first place.

You put words in my mouth by saying that I was a SJW who fell for this guy’s hoax. I have never once posted in support of him or posted that I believe his story. That SJW label is laughable, my posting history doesn’t support that at all either. FWIW, when I first heard the story I actually thought he got attacked beacause he owed someone money or something and he made up the hate crime angle to deflect from that. 

That rope explanation makes no sense but whatever. You should take your own advice because your earlier profanity laced tirades against me & that one Beau post convey that you’re not as calm & rational as you view yourself to be. 

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Pretty sure it would be something easy to look up, so I did. https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017/topic-pages/offenders

Race 

In 2017, race was reported for 6,370 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

• 50.7 percent were White.
  • 21.3 percent were Black or African American.
  • 7.5 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
  • 0.8 percent (49 offenders) were American Indian or Alaska Native.
  • 0.7 percent (42 offenders) were Asian.
  • 3 offenders were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
  • 19.1 percent were unknown.

I actually think this is very interesting, as the media would have you believe that nobody is perpetrating hate crimes other than white males.  would love to know what kind of publicity was given to the half of all hate crimes not committed by caucasians. 

44 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You really should take a deep breath and relax. I admitted my supposition based statement was errant. Not sure what the fuck else you are looking for in terms of recognition or satisfaction.

Look, you did go off the rails a bit... You said this about Helobius:

You are clearly a social justice warrior who got caught by this idiots charade and now you're bringing your own cloak agenda into this thread. 

If you want to find something wrong about Helobius, just go to the MLB thread in the baseball forum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Look, you did go off the rails a bit... You said this about Helobius:

If you want to find something wrong about Helobius, just go to the MLB thread in the baseball forum.

Hey hey hey... this is the cloak room let's not have any talk of sports in here sir.....Lets keep it Klassy.

39 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That’s cute. I’m cyberbullied by everyone over there for no real reason, and it just spills over to anywhere else I post. Where’s the stats for hate crimes committed against Yankees fans? I’d like to file some charges. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s cute. I’m cyberbullied by everyone over there for no real reason, and it just spills over to anywhere else I post. Where’s the stats for hate crimes committed against Yankees fans? I’d like to file some charges. 

you’re a yankees fan?  fuck you, trash. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m sorry your favorite sports team has less championships than mine does.

And yeah, it’s pretty great to be able to say that truthfully without even knowing what teams you like.

I’m a rangers fan.  my baseball fandom peaked when neftali feliz struck out gay-rod to win the ALCS.

pretty much equal in magnitude to all your championships. 

Edited by futureman

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is why you should kill yourself. 

Sorry, couldn’t read this post. There’s 13.5 rings in each of my eyes. You & futureman & Burnt can all get bent. This thread is a hate crime against intelligence, I regret ever opening it. I’ll leave you idiots to it.