Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

Internet sleuths figured this out in 10 minutes. NASCAR called the F...B...I...

tenor.gif?itemid=13271679

I think nascar was looking for cover. "Nascar self-investigates and finds nothing" isn't as confidence instilling as "fbi investigates and finds nothing". Especially after somebody had a Confederate flag flown overhead.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I noted the extreme.....but there are varying degrees of that thinking in the dominant/governing class.  Collectively denying that anything is wrong when it comes to race and policing has been our thing for a long time.  And we really aren't ready to abandon that thinking.  Even the more subtle versions of it.

Meh.

There's plenty of victimology within the non-dominant class, as well, whether or not they have actually been victimized.

We can do this all day...pointing the finger.

Bottom line is folks are seeking to get theirs.   This isn't about equality or justice.  That's just the excuse.

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:
12 minutes ago, maninblack said:
Internet sleuths figured this out in 10 minutes. NASCAR called the F...B...I...

tenor.gif?itemid=13271679

Read more  

I think nascar was looking for cover. "Nascar self-investigates and finds nothing" isn't as confidence instilling as "fbi investigates and finds nothing". Especially after somebody had a Confederate flag flown overhead.

I can believe that but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck man

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Bottom line is folks are seeking to get theirs.   This isn't about equality or justice.  That's just the excuse.

And there it is.  That's how you completely dismiss an entire movement and an entire class of people, and it's why nothing will ever fucking change for the better.

Seeking to fix centuries of systematic racism?  Nah, just a bunch of asshole greedheads.  Fuck 'em.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And there it is.  That's how you completely dismiss an entire movement and an entire class of people, and it's why nothing will ever fucking change for the better.

Seeking to fix centuries of systematic racism?  Nah, just a bunch of asshole grearheads.  Fuck 'em.

It did start a conversation. 

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seeking to fix centuries of systematic racism?  Nah, just a bunch of asshole greedheads.  Fuck 'em.

Why do Asians have to sue to get to prestigious colleges? It's definitely systematic.

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well at least all the COVID deniers are spending their time in this thread spiking the football instead of explaining why we don't need to wear masks

There are a lot of people around here explaining why we don't need to wear masks?  Or are you just knocking down a strawman?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I took a black coworker to Talladega years ago and we sat in the stands with some hardcore tatted up rednecks and they couldn’t have been nicer to him. Offering beers, explaining the race, etc.

I call this story total bullshit

Who needs to have an oval car race explained to them?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Lol, it was a garage door cord. I guess if you go out specifically looking for racists, you'll find them everywhere.

a garage door cord fashioned into a noose, apparently, and which was the only one of said cords at the track tied that way:

NASCAR said a check of every other stall in the garage showed the one for Wallace's car was the only one in which the pull down rope had been fashioned into a noose.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2020/06/23/no-charges-in-nascar-noose-incident-involving-black-driver/112001872/

apparently this same piece of rope was reported to NASCAR last fall:

The Wood Brothers Racing team said one of its employees informed the team he recalled “seeing a tied handle in the garage pull down rope from last fall,” when NASCAR raced at Talladega in October. The team said it immediately alerted NASCAR and assisted the investigation.

U.S. Attorney Jay Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. said an investigation determined “although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week.”

So someone tied the noose on the off chance that Bubba might one day be assigned that spot?

• 33 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Lol, it was a garage door cord. I guess if you go out specifically looking for racists, you'll find them everywhere.

You think?    It is June 2020.   If you're white and your tail isn't dragging beneath your ass tonight you really aren't part of the solution.         Wake up.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

When I was a kid, we more or less all wanted to learn to tie a hangman's noose.  On occasion one got tied on a window shade cord at school if it was long enough.  I don't think any of us had in mind lynching a black person.  I suspect most of us were influenced by TV westerns and that diorama at the State Fair where the guy's head popped off.

Tl;dr, people have been tying hangman's nooses in shit from damn near time immemorial. Most of the time it has no racial significance whatsoever.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, elfenix said:

a garage door cord fashioned into a noose, apparently, and which was the only one of said cords at the track tied that way:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2020/06/23/no-charges-in-nascar-noose-incident-involving-black-driver/112001872/

apparently this same piece of rope was reported to NASCAR last fall:

Why didn't someone.... i don't know.... untie it last year?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I mean, we all know that a real threat is [checks Next Door] a brown or black person walking in the neighborhood.

It was either a vast NASCAR conspiracy to characterize a jury-rigged door handle as a noose, or someone saw it, thought it looked like a noose, and none of the track officials could say that it had been there for some time.  Occam's razor, dude.

you are the king of the strawman.   stop the hyperventilating. god dam some Karen might report some guy walking around the neighborhood but 95% of folks are just going on about their business.  it was fucking dumb.  even Bubba should have known better. Is it harder being a black person in America than other races, you fucking bet it is.  way harder.  the problem is no one uses their fucking brain anymore.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Tl;dr, people have been tying hangman's nooses in shit from damn near time immemorial. Most of the time it has no racial significance whatsoever.

As a knot nerd I’ve got an interest in this. Was the “tied handle” even a slip knot? A bowline, an overhand knot, taut-line hitch, or actual noose?

I was not involved in, but briefly reviewed an HR incident at a chem plant where a deck operator left a bowline tied in paracord on the armrest of a chair that happened to belong to a black control room operator. Personal attorneys were called, yada yada just a dude fidgeting with cordage while his buddy was taking 5.

I’ve also seen similar instances in the news where a 13 turn noose is tied in 3/4 hemp rope and left at a residence or shoved into a personal locker or whatever. I would hope in 2020 we can openly discuss the difference before attorneys, HR, and press releases are issued, but apparently not.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

There are a lot of people around here explaining why we don't need to wear masks?  Or are you just knocking down a strawman?

Its the mask thing now since 2M people aren't going to die.  there might be 2 or 3 people ever on that thread saying they aren't going to wear a mask.  strawman central.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

sorry, but looting, toppling statues, and Chaz exercises don't appear to be people seeking solutions.

and no, for me it isn't a race issue.   It's about equality and justice.   Fix those things and the rest takes care of itself. IDGAF if we all like each other.   We should expect the same treatment under the law.

yes, I know your solutions and mine likely differ tremendously.  Don't care.  Sit down and talk about it.  Stop acting as if the world's gonna end.

Like I said, after our society gets done throwing its fit, the work's still gonna be there looking both of us in the face.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

When I was a kid, we more or less all wanted to learn to tie a hangman's noose.  On occasion one got tied on a window shade cord at school if it was long enough.  I don't think any of us had in mind lynching a black person.  I suspect most of us were influenced by TV westerns and that diorama at the State Fair where the guy's head popped off.

We played Hangman (the paper version) in homeroom a lot in junior high.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I am a very cynical person and the moment this was reported, this always reeked of NASCAR manufacturing this story to show how much of a stance they will take against racism. Like they were trying too hard and wanting to make it too obvious. And the next day, all the drivers standing behind Bubba and all the stations were covering NASCAR. No one ever covers or talks about NASCAR at that level. They got what they wanted. To show their hard stance against racism. I never once believed someone sneaked into a garage with as many cameras and security as they have to hang up a fucking noose. And now it's just passed off as "whoopsy daisy we made a boo boo and all is ok now". But mission accomplished. They got to show the world what they wanted to and got eyes on their sport that never gave a shit before. It was obvious from the jump what was going on but if you said it, you were called out for being a racist. I am all for the BLM and the movement in general but this stunk the second it was reported.

I have zero idea if Bubba and his team were apart of this to get his name out there more but I have no doubts this was manufactured for attention. People kept saying "why would NASCAR plan this, that is such a black eye for their sport". Well this is the perfect way to do it. Have it come out later that it was an honest mistake. Now they get to wash their hands of any racist shit happening inside their premises. It was never going to be a fan or another driver/team member because that would definitely be a black eye.

This kind of reminds me of when Lebron told us someone painted the N word on his fence, you know, inside the premises of his palace that has 985845 cameras rolling and security at all times but he never had a picture or video of it and had it painted over before the cops came. Riiiiiiiight. We have enough racism in this world without people trying to manufacture their own to get everyone riled up.

At first I was tempted to pretty much dismiss your post. However, after reading it more than once, I can't.  Although I hope you are wrong, I feel there are aspects that are probably accurate.  I really hope, and don't think Bubba or his team were a part of this if you are correct.  I do feel that he was probably just a pawn in this bullshit.

BTW, fuck lying LeBron fucking James.

Edit: no cameras?  Give me a freaking break. I don't have nearly the money tied up in my shop that they have there, and I've got multiple cameras.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 3

Well, I can see the writing on the wall.  Every western ever made will be banned.  Can you imagine all of the thousands of westerns where someone was hanged with a hangman's noose?  Well Fark, try banning that due to racism and this old bastard will go to WAR!

22 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well, I can see the writing on the wall.  Every western ever made will be banned.  Can you imagine all of the thousands of westerns where someone was hanged with a hangman's noose?  Well Fark, try banning that due to racism and this old bastard will go to WAR!

I watched The Good The Bad and The Ugly before they take it off air cause of a certain rebellious flag.

• Like 2