Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

On 6/21/2020 at 11:09 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

If it is fake, it’d have to be some outsider trying to stir things up. I find it almost impossible to believe it’s Bubba Wallace himself. It’s either the former, or someone so upset about the Confederate flag ban, that they are trying to make things very uncomfortable for those in charge of NASCAR.

I feel like a bit of a fool right now. From this point forward, every time I hear the words “noose” and “hate crime” used in the same story, I’m going to immediately bet people that it’s fake. 

Easy money.

Around 2000, I was working for Deloitte & Touche and got put on some terrible off site data entry project in Plano.  Anyway, the main person we interacted with from the client was the office manager.  She would essentially just show us where the files we needed were located, etc.  This lady was nice, but very country.

As we got to know her, we came to realize that she and her husband's entire weekends revolved around NASCAR.  Its all she talked about.  Husband was a HUGE Dale fan.  On Sundays, she said he would set his recliner up right in front of the TV, put a cooler of beer beside it and watch every second.

The job lasted a couple of months or so, and on the last day,  we all went to some bar to have drinks.  Her husband comes, and I'll be damned if that dude doesn't look exactly like Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish.  One of the truest "laugh out loud, not what I expected at all" moments of my life.  Motherfucker is rocking a big ass "3" chain at that.

I never got the backstory, but I'd love to hear how in the hell he became a NASCAR fan.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Around 2000, I was working for Deloitte & Touche and got put on some terrible off site data entry project in Plano.  Anyway, the main person we interacted with from the client was the office manager.  She would essentially just show us where the files we needed were located, etc.  This lady was nice, but very country.

As we got to know her, we came to realize that she and her husband's entire weekends revolved around NASCAR.  Its all she talked about.  Husband was a HUGE Dale fan.  On Sundays, she said he would set his recliner up right in front of the TV, put a cooler of beer beside it and watch every second.

The job lasted a couple of months or so, and on the last day,  we all went to some bar to have drinks.  Her husband comes, and I'll be damned if that dude doesn't look exactly like Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish.  One of the truest "laugh out loud, not what I expected at all" moments of my life.

now you wait a damn minute there...... you mean to tell me the lead singer's name isnt actually Hootie?

31 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

The job lasted a couple of months or so, and on the last day,  we all went to some bar to have drinks.  Her husband comes, and I'll be damned if that dude doesn't look exactly like Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish.  One of the truest "laugh out loud, not what I expected at all" moments of my life.  Motherfucker is rocking a big ass "3" chain at that.

I never got the backstory, but I'd love to hear how in the hell he became a NASCAR fan.

Brad Daugherty approves 

• Like 1

I was all aboard the don’t blame bubba train til I saw some clips of him claiming that people whom questioned the initial claim were simple minded. That and the Don Lemon interview. Fuck that guy.
I had heard of him once or twice before somehow. Didn’t know he was black or didn’t remember he was. Did he call himself Bubba to fool the viewers?
Would you say the noose claim was quite a reach?

More of a stretch really.

42 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

seems Bubba is doubling down

37 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

How many major media interviews has he had in the last week compared to his entire career?  

This increased his earning potential exponentially, a hoax/mistake could unravel that. 

Victim hood can pay off either emotionally (LeBron) or financially (Kaep). 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

That one certainly does look more noose like even if it wasn't technically a noose by knot standards it at least appears to have been attempted to make it look like one.  That being said it being on the garage since last year makes it impossible for Wallace to had been the intentional victim.

You know what is a bigger problem for NASCAR than someone mistaking a door pull for a noose? The fact that the culture around NASCAR, which NASCAR either passively or actively encouraged, allowed millions of Americans, including NASCAR's own drivers, to easily accept that it happened. It is entirely believable and easy to accept, in that sport and the regions it is most popular, that someone would have put a noose in a person of color's garage. NASCAR took the opportunity in our current climate to make a statement that not only is racism unacceptable, but symbols commonly associated with racism, regardless of their history, are also unacceptable (i.e, the banning of the Confederate flag). Whether this incident was truth, innocent mistake, or even a lie, NASCAR and its employees, drivers, and owners doubled down on their statement that racism is unacceptable. The truth of Bubba Wallace's matter doesn't change that. NASCAR, who is already racing in front of half empty stadiums and pulling significantly less ratings than a decade ago, is willing to risk even more decline to take a stand against racism. That, in my opinion, is the bigger story here.

24 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

You know what is a bigger problem for NASCAR than someone mistaking a door pull for a noose? The fact that the culture around NASCAR, which NASCAR either passively or actively encouraged, allowed millions of Americans, including NASCAR's own drivers, to easily accept that it happened. It is entirely believable and easy to accept, in that sport and the regions it is most popular, that someone would have put a noose in a person of color's garage. NASCAR took the opportunity in our current climate to make a statement that not only is racism unacceptable, but symbols commonly associated with racism, regardless of their history, are also unacceptable (i.e, the banning of the Confederate flag). Whether this incident was truth, innocent mistake, or even a lie, NASCAR and its employees, drivers, and owners doubled down on their statement that racism is unacceptable. The truth of Bubba Wallace's matter doesn't change that. NASCAR, who is already racing in front of half empty stadiums and pulling significantly less ratings than a decade ago, is willing to risk even more decline to take a stand against racism. That, in my opinion, is the bigger story here.

So truth does not matter?  I guess it spawned an important conversation no one was having.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I think most people agree that racism is bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pops said:

@PittsburghTiger posted this video in the Nascar thread. Plenty of ropes in the garage with loops at the end.

LO Fucking L

I just went ahead to the 2:55 mark and you get a sweep of like 3 straight garages with a “noose” hanging. Get a fucking grip, Bubba.

The dude needs to drop it, obviously. But he got a taste of that victim role and he really liked it. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

So truth does not matter?  I guess it spawned an important conversation no one was having.

No laws were broken, no one was fired, punished, or even publicly named. If Bubba Wallace lied, then NASCAR, his sponsors, and the court of public opinion will decide what happens next. 

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I think most people agree that racism is bad.

If you think that NASCAR doesn't have an image problem when it comes to racism, I have some tomato tree seeds to sell you. 

34 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

iron man eye roll GIF

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Considering this thread about fake hate crimes has over 1700 posts, and the “whistle blower” has likely been in thousands of garages in his life and thought it was a noose is not a freaking mistake, LOL.

I’m not at our shop right now and I’m now even trying to think what our door pull downs even look like. Believe they’re just a rope attached to the door and tied down off to the side or something. It’s something so minuscule that I’ve used thousands of times and never once thought “man this could be mistaken as a noose” if done right

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Considering this thread about fake hate crimes has over 1700 posts, and the “whistle blower” has likely been in thousands of garages in his life and thought it was a noose is not a freaking mistake, LOL.

I’m not at our shop right now and I’m now even trying to think what our door pull downs even look like. Believe they’re just a rope attached to the door and tied down off to the side or something. It’s something so minuscule that I’ve used thousands of times and never once thought “man this could be mistaken as a noose” if done right

I agree that the current photo evidence does not look good for Bubba's claim. I would never look at that and think it was a noose. If it was just a mistake, my money is on either a family member, girlfriend, or other person not familiar with the garages being the one who raised the issue and Bubba took their word for it. But Bubba is just one driver in an entire, multi-tiered organization. NASCAR is willing to risk even more market share, which they have little to spare, to back him. I think that is a bigger story. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I was all aboard the don’t blame bubba train til I saw some clips of him claiming that people whom questioned the initial claim were simple minded. That and the Don Lemon interview. Fuck that guy.

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Not a good look for discount Russell Wilson

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

62F62A74-A797-4849-8A12-1283CA9FECC4.jpeg

57 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Victim hood can pay off either emotionally (LeBron) or financially (Kaep). 

53 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

3a206f911d7d6fb93f770219a25943f9.jpgac9552f1df434e33ff9a29ece7f5fd75.jpg52460a558b5b2937dbc3adf443acab3b.jpg34ae153916ecaca297c4353fb3c62c01.jpg

Cool.

Now do this.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Have we moved past the point of the crew person alerting the crew chief who alerted NASCAR and Bubba never actually seeing it detail which was originally pointed out? He got told there was a noose in his stall and it went from there, but I don’t think you can blame him for the original issue. - Edited to add based on interview I may be off here. Who knows.

Right, wrong, or indifferent the field pushing his car to the front was a pretty powerful message to the fan base and in light of everything else going on was a good one. Plus, he’s not getting up front without help.

Edited by Brew
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

No laws were broken, no one was fired, punished, or even publicly named. If Bubba Wallace lied, then NASCAR, his sponsors, and the court of public opinion will decide what happens next. 

If you think that NASCAR doesn't have an image problem when it comes to racism, I have some tomato tree seeds to sell you. 

Truth should matter

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Cool.

Now do this.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh honey, the “fake hate crime” crowd has yet to comment on cops continually lying about fake crimes against them 

Personally, I want to hear about every fake hate crime. The more attention these false accusations get, the more likely we are to reduce occurrences. 

• Like 9