Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

30 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Cool.

Now do this.

I don't get your point.  That just seems to affirm that the media in general are a bunch of biased agenda driven assholes that have completely given up on investigatory journalism before spouting off with some sort of political statement or attack based on race, socioeconomic status, or current hot topic issue.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Hey, we got to paint a whole bunch of folks and organizations as racist and get them to take a knee and donate money....so worth it.  Truth is overrated. 

and Bubba got a bunch of new twitter followers . win win

A whole bunch of folks and organizations got the opportunity to publicly display that they weren't racist. As to donating money, it was their choice to donate before all the facts came out. 

The truth is never overrated. What people decide to do with that truth, though, is always interesting. If you're upset about it, stop watching NASCAR and don't use any company that sponsors Bubba. Nothing criminal happened and I'm not aware of any civil liability here, so a court of law won't give you the justice you think is deserved. That just leaves the court of public opinion and you're free to participate with your wallet.

I don't get your point.  That just seems to affirm that the media in general are a bunch of biased agenda driven assholes that have completely given up on investigatory journalism before spouting off with some sort of political statement or attack based on race, socioeconomic status, or current hot topic issue.

Ah yes. When it’s a black man we mock the victim. When it’s the police we mock the media. Makes total sense.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Ah yes. When it’s a black man we mock the victim. When it’s the police we mock the media. Makes total sense.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the police came out and did a Don Lemon interview and called people simple minded for challenging the idea that restaurant workers might have intentionally caused food poisoning.

You're chasing some sort of hypocrisy that does not exist. The reporting for both examples was dogshit, and so was the way Bubba attacked those that didn't fully buy in to his narrative. 

Edited by Enchubben
  • Like 6

I have to admit, im pretty shocked at the initial response and outrage when this story first leaked.  Society doesnt usually go 0-100000000000  and typically waits for all the facts to come out before rushing to judgement so to see something like this just bottles the mind.

This story is so 2020 riding the cancel culture look at me wave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MAROON said:

If I'm Bubba, I'm more than a little concerned that a member of my garage crew doesn't know what a door rope pull is.  Doesn't speak well of the experience level that Richard Petty is assigning to his crew.  

Who else is gonna check the blinker fluid? 

Also

466yhw.jpg

zZuIMLuv.jpeg

Edited by Fuck Tim Beck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

When I was a kid, we more or less all wanted to learn to tie a hangman's noose.  On occasion one got tied on a window shade cord at school if it was long enough.  I don't think any of us had in mind lynching a black person.  I suspect most of us were influenced by TV westerns and that diorama at the State Fair where the guy's head popped off.

Tl;dr, people have been tying hangman's nooses in shit from damn near time immemorial. Most of the time it has no racial significance whatsoever.

It’s still on my bucket list. 

Lolz at the people shrugging, as if to say, "well it still fits our narrative.  It was close enough  to a hate crime.   I imagined really hard about them being that racist anyways, so it still works."

Who's more disappointed today that the noose wasn't legit?  Racist motherfuckers or the SJW crowd?

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Iceman said:

Lolz at the people shrugging, as if to say, "well it still fits our narrative.  It was close enough  to a hate crime.   I imagined really hard about them being that racist anyways, so it still works."

Slorch'd!

You and I live in very different societies. 

I have sadly observed the exact opposite.

I took that as sarcasm but maybe I’m wrong.

Some people (media and social media) want Soooo badly to have in your face racism. Given many of the recent example being hoaxes, it seems like the need for racism far exceeds the supply.

Obviously Wallace didn’t create the “nooses” but the fact that he continues to want to believe they are a racist threat despite the fact that they are hanging all on those garage stalls, clearly having absolutely nothing to do with him says something. Of course no one would put it past the nascar crowd to say something racist, but it does call into question his claim to have been called N bombs by fellow drivers.

1 minute ago, Lhorn said:

Some people (media and social media) want Soooo badly to have in you face racism. Given many of the recent example being hoaxes, it seems like the need for racism far exceeds the supply.

Obviously Wallace didn’t create the “nooses” but the fact that he continues to want to believe they are a racist threat despite the fact that they are hanging all on those garage stalls, clearly having absolutely nothing to do with him says something. Of course no one would put it past the nascar crowd to say something racist, but it does call into question his claim to have been called N bombs by fellow drivers.

Karen on a cell phone gives plenty of ammo that fake racism isn’t necessary and often a disservice to the cause. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Who's more disappointed today that the noose wasn't legit?  Racist motherfuckers or the SJW crowd?

SJW's are way more pissed 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Some people (media and social media) want Soooo badly to have in your face racism. Given many of the recent example being hoaxes, it seems like the need for racism far exceeds the supply.

1000% sarcasm.  today the desire to be the victim far outweighs the desire anything else.  I honestly Blame us, my generation. Gen X  we raised these stupid spineless pussies the kids threw temper tantrums in k mart have come to roost. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Damn that's a scary question.   Pretty much tells it all.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

If it was sarcasm and my meter is broken fair enough.

We're in agreement. When something is the current rage in social media it appears the majority of our population now want to jump in on a side. It's happening on this very thread.

Some posters I used to have a lot of respect for and who's posts I enjoyed have become members of this crowd. In every single thread they have an overly emotional, non-logical, response completely devoid of critical thinking. 

It saddens me as I know some of them are smart and well educated. Hell some of them I like personally off the boards. However, their overly emotional, non-logical, often team A or B political responses have me on the edge of putting them on ignore. It already happened with one.

It makes me sad. 

Can we still b friends ?

• Like 1

Lol, I was checking my local news website for an unrelated story and their headline for this story is “Noose found in Bubba Wallace’s garage has been there since 2019.”
They know the connotation of using the word “noose” and nothing in the headline to suggest this wasn’t still a hate crime.

14 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Lol, I was checking my local news website for an unrelated story and their headline for this story is “Noose found in Bubba Wallace’s garage has been there since 2019.”
They know the connotation of using the word “noose” and nothing in the headline to suggest this wasn’t still a hate crime.

Npr this morning was similar. Kept on calling it a noose. No mention of the door pulls.   Made it sounds like someone left  random noose in the garage last year. 

i was actually disappointed in their coverage.  This is coming from someone who literally listens to them 7 hours a day. 

Edited by Xian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

The media and talking heads like Shaun King were definitely disappointed that it was not a real noose. A lot of them are extremely happy when racist events happen because it gives them a lot to talk about on their platform. These are their favorite types of stories. They use racist events for their own benefit.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The media and talking heads like Shaun King were definitely disappointed that it was not a real noose. A lot of them are extremely happy when racist events happen because it gives them a lot to talk about on their platform. These are their favorite types of stories. They use racist events for their own benefit.

If any black people believe Shaun King is their friend and looking out for their best interests ...he’s not.  Straight up propagandist.  

• Like 4

Read the Houston 5 thread.  Virtually nobody sides with the cops, even early.   Then when news comes out of the multiple layers of corruption and misdeeds, the hammer swings mightily in all directions blue.

Read the Minneapolis thread and virtually nobody sides with the cops.  The challenge of their jobs is recognized, but the judgment of their specific actions is repeatedly and soundly denounced.

There's a definite target we need to stay focused on.   It's not the media, necessarily.  Injustice needs to be erased.  Then we may focus on the peripheral bullshit like feelings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

If it was sarcasm and my meter is broken fair enough.

We're in agreement. When something is the current rage in social media it appears the majority of our population now want to jump in on a side. It's happening on this very thread.

Some posters I used to have a lot of respect for and who's posts I enjoyed have become members of this crowd. In every single thread they have an overly emotional, non-logical, response completely devoid of critical thinking. 

It saddens me as I know some of them are smart and well educated. Hell some of them I like personally off the boards. However, their overly emotional, non-logical, often team A or B political responses have me on the edge of putting them on ignore. It already happened with one.

It makes me sad. 

I liked this... then I started to wonder if he is talking about me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Xian said:

Npr this morning was similar. Kept on calling it a noose. No mention of the door pulls.   Made it sounds like someone left  random noose in the garage last year. 

i was actually disappointed in their coverage.  This is coming from someone who literally listens to them 7 hours a day. 

Isn’t NPR the one that called some woman an “extremist attacking protestors with her car” when she floored it after people surround her car and pointed a gun at her?

15 hours ago, Iceman said:

Read the Houston 5 thread.  Virtually nobody sides with the cops, even early.   Then when news comes out of the multiple layers of corruption and misdeeds, the hammer swings mightily in all directions blue.

Read the Minneapolis thread and virtually nobody sides with the cops.  The challenge of their jobs is recognized, but the judgment of their specific actions is repeatedly and soundly denounced.

There's a definite target we need to stay focused on.   It's not the media, necessarily.  Injustice needs to be erased.  Then we may focus on the peripheral bullshit like feelings.

The mainstream media in this country should be ashamed of itself. Their arrogance and lack of objectivity have ruined the role of the 4th Estate is supposed to play in our democracy. Just look at how the woke mob sacked the editors at the Inquirer and NYT Op-Ed section. It is getting worse. I despise what they have done to our country. How can we have social cohesion when we have journalists with their agendas tearing at the fabric of our country. I get enraged every day I read my NYT at breakfast and have to soothe myself by reading the WSJ and their comments section where I can find my people.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

D2-E83-F9-E-F7-F2-4-A1-C-BAC8-5-AE19823-

Bet you didn't watch boomer congresspeople bang on a table to drown their words because "there's no rules about making noise" when witnesses were giving testimony they didn't like yesterday.

Fuck off with this "young only know how to cry" shit.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Shaun King, aka Talcum X, aka Martin Luther Cream, is white and should shut the fuck up.  His birth certificate says white but he claims his whore of a mom slept with a black dude, so he must be black.  He's the male Rachel Dolezal, except he has a self-proclaimed slutty mom.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1