Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

Just now, TriStone said:

Lol. It's definitely a hate crime someone perpetrated on the off chance that Bubba would eventually be assigned that garage, alright.

Lol. It’s definitely a problem that NASCAR has some stupid fuck tying mini nooses for garage door pulls.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

“It wasn’t a hate crime targeted at a black driver, we’ve just got a lot of people that like to make nooses when there’s rope available” ain’t the defense some of you seem to think it is.

Found the person who's never tied a knot before. There's serious shit going on in the world right now. Making up shit to be outraged about isn't as awesome as some of you seem to think it is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

“It wasn’t a hate crime targeted at a black driver, we’ve just got a lot of people that like to make nooses when there’s rope available” ain’t the defense some of you seem to think it is.

Nor is it remotely a crime against humanity some of you want it to be.

Y'all back on Day 2 still diggin...    Impressive.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Neither is it the national crisis some of you so desperately want it to be.

It’s pretty easy to see how that would be thought of as a noose. Based on that the reaction and the way it played out seems justified. No one knows the original intent at this point, so anything else is conjecture and Bubba being the car in the exact garage is probably completely random.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I still don’t know what “race-baiter” means (and no one will confirm what it is supposed to mean) but yes, Shaun King is a fraud.  No one knows where the money he raises goes, and Blacks have long been dragging his ass because he deserves it.  I’ve cited in him the past, and I regret it.  Pretty much all Black people have denounced this fraud.  Fuck this dude. 

From urban dictionary.

Race baiter

One who seeks to divide and/or inflame a racial group against others, often for personal aggrandizement or for political advantage. racebaiter

Al Sharpton is the country's leading race baiter. What an ass.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Brew said:

It’s pretty easy to see how that would be thought of as a noose. Based on that the reaction and the way it played out seems justified. No one knows the original intent at this point, so anything else is conjecture and Bubba being the car in the exact garage is probably completely random.

Totally agree, it looks exactly like a noose.  I just have more faith in my fellow man than to think any and every person who ties a certain type of knot is doing it because they're an evil racist.  If NASCAR drivers were always assigned the same garage at every track they race at then I'd have a different opinion, but they don't, so I'm going to continue being more troubled by those people (some in this thread) who seem to WANT this to be something evil.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It’s also a very common fishing knot. Imagine a lot of those folks fish in their free time.  A noose tightens.  I’m betting this pull didn’t. It was a loop.  

spacer.png

• Like 3

The original intent was to be able to easily pull down the garage door.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Fake ....read the thread title. Or just run along back to the CR where you belong

it's where you belong too you big softy.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It’s also a very common fishing knot. Imagine a lot of those folks fish in their free time.  A noose tightens.  I’m betting this pull didn’t. It was a loop.  

spacer.png

the tag end isn't coming out of the middle of the pictured knot. 

3 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Shaun King is the guy who reported the false story that a black woman was injected with a syringe at a Trump rally a few years ago. The guy is a total race-baiter

Shaun King is also the same nut job who wants to tear down statues of Jesus. 

1 hour ago, TriStone said:

Or maybe it's just a fucking knot someone tied.  As always, the demand for racism in this country far outpaces the supply. Why that pisses some of you off so much is anyone's guess.

I wish I could like this a million times

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

spacer.png

Yeah, I mean, it is an existing knot.  That knot looks like a noose -- seriously, if I saw that hanging in my garage (say that the teenage boy had tied it as a hoist to work on his bike or something), I'd be alarmed, because it looks like a fucking noose.

I tie lazy loops for a pull all the time.  Like this:

fRVUKhW9cOmcNcx6dNpO9LS773L-ox4mT_w76P8c

So, the visual on a hemp rope that looks like a noose is jarring, I get that.  And that fact that there is literally one, out of over a thousand stalls....that looks odd.  I believe the official version of the story, that this was a pull handle that had been there for months.   But I also get how it sure appeared troubling at the outset.  

The truth is most likely that this was something that legitimately appeared disturbing, and was an unusual sight in a NASCAR facility, that in the end, turned out to be a nothing, except for an unfortunate coincidence.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

From urban dictionary.

Race baiter

One who seeks to divide and/or inflame a racial group against others, often for personal aggrandizement or for political advantage. racebaiter

Al Sharpton is the country's leading race baiter. What an ass.

He is a shakedown artist. He is only it for the money.

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Shaun King, aka Talcum X, aka Martin Luther Cream, is white and should shut the fuck up.  His birth certificate says white but he claims his whore of a mom slept with a black dude, so he must be black.  He's the male Rachel Dolezal, except he has a self-proclaimed slutty mom.  

dude is literally human shit.  I would not be upset if he lost his ability to tweet, 

37 minutes ago, Hate said:

The original intent was to be able to easily pull down the garage door.

There are a lot of different loops/knots/ways to deal with making a pull for a garage door. I have 3 14 foot doors on my shop, none have that version of a pull nor did any others at any of the tracks. It could easily be something an individual found funny to himself, could be a random fishing knot that someone always uses, could have some other perceived intent, etc. It doesn’t much matter at this point.

My point was I haven’t seen anyone jumping up and down still about it being some big racist statement even though several of you want to keep pointing out it’s not. No one is arguing otherwise at this point. However, I can see how it could have started that way with the picture that was posted.

Edited by Brew
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

All of the sudden everyone on surly is a fucking knot expert.

And just for the record, a bowline is the appropriate knot for this situation.

I'm TERRIBLE with knots.  Find the easiest knot for any circumstance, and that's the one I'll pick.  I have the manual dexterity of a 100 year old blind gorilla with Parkinsons.  And my vision ain't getting any better, either.  The day you have to tuck readers into your fishing vest is a sad day.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Or maybe it's just a fucking knot someone tied.  As always, the demand for racism in this country far outpaces the supply. Why that pisses some of you off so much is anyone's guess.

Oct 2019: hey Jim, the door pull in that stall just snapped. Can you replace it and maybe make it a little more sturdy? Maybe it’ll last longer.

June 2020: OMG #racism

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm TERRIBLE with knots.  Find the easiest knot for any circumstance, and that's the one I'll pick.  I have the manual dexterity of a 100 year old blind gorilla with Parkinsons.  And my vision ain't getting any better, either.  The day you have to tuck readers into your fishing vest is a sad day.

Gotdam.   You win...

LOLz.

51 minutes ago, Brew said:

There are a lot of different loops/knots/ways to deal with making a pull for a garage door. I have 3 14 foot doors on my shop, none have that version of a pull nor did any others at any of the tracks. It could easily be something an individual found funny to himself, could be a random fishing knot that someone always uses, could have some other perceived intent, etc. It doesn’t much matter at this point.

My point was I haven’t seen anyone jumping up and down still about it being some big racist statement even though several of you want to keep pointing out it’s not. No one is arguing otherwise at this point. However, I can see how it could have started that way with the picture that was posted.

no shit.  there's a lot more people hyperventilating about it not being racist than there are about it being racist. 

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i mean, that's a fucking noose, and in the garage of the black nascar guy would garner some attention during this time of upheaval, even if all the garages had noose pull ropes. so it might not have been a hate crime, but that shit is a noose. 

Is it a really a noose if it doesn’t slip?

• Like 1