Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

17 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Lulz because a) she did not backtrack on her accusation and b) it's a he said/she said type of thing c) the Washington Examiner is utterly and entirely shitty

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 5:43 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Lulz because a) she did not backtrack on her accusation and b) it's a he said/she said type of thing c) the Washington Examiner is utterly and entirely shitty

Hmm.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/new-details-police-report-disputes-georgia-lawmakers-account-of-publix-incident/969633213

COBB COUNTY, Ga. - Cobb County police released an extended report about what happened between a Georgia lawmaker and another man at a Mableton grocery store last Friday.

State Rep. Erica Thomas maintains that Eric Sparkes told her to go back to where she came from while standing in the express checkout line of a Publix grocery store in Mableton.

In the police report obtained by Channel 2’s Richard Elliot, a witness told police that it was Thomas who actually made the comment to Sparkes. 

Either way, police decided not to charge anyone in the incident.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, SDG said:

Yeah she had already recounted her statement. Said he didn’t say those words but felt like he meant it. 

She’s a liar and I hope Cuban B follows through with his defamation lawsuit. 

• Haha 1

Looks like this has devolved into scouring the papers for local stories to discredit any claims of racism. Nice going.

I look forward to returning to the thread in a month or two to see a story about a convenience store clerk who offended a customer by offering black coffee and some of the clowns around here yukking it up.

6 minutes ago, ajax said:

...like the New York Times. This was a national story pushed by the media. You're either stupid or lying, probably both.

Probably both. 

Or the only reason I know about these stories is due to the insistence of hostile hate junkies on finding them and hooting about them.

I don't read the New York Times. I don't live in New York. Not every story in the NYT is a national story or of national concern. But I'm probably stupidly lying about that.

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Or the only reason I know about these stories is due to the insistence of hostile hate junkies on finding them and hooting about them.

Or they keep happening with maddening frequency - over and over and over after the election of Trump.  Pure coincidence, I'm sure.  Hopewell Baptist Church.  St. David’s Episcopal Church (Heil Trump).  Yasmin Seweid & her hijab.  The thousands of bomb threats to Jewish institutions (all made in the first 3 months of 2017).  Juan Thompson.  The Jewish Tombstones toppled.  Union Temple in Brooklyn.  Smollett.  This.  There are many more.  And it doesn't stop.  Nor will this giant twat be held accountable.  This will disappear like a fart in the wind until the next comes around.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Or they keep happening with maddening frequency - over and over and over after the election of Trump.  Pure coincidence, I'm sure.  Hopewell Baptist Church.  St. David’s Episcopal Church (Heil Trump).  Yasmin Seweid & her hijab.  The thousands of bomb threats to Jewish institutions (all made in the first 3 months of 2017).  Juan Thompson.  The Jewish Tombstones toppled.  Union Temple in Brooklyn.  Smollett.  This.  There are many more.  And it doesn't stop.  Nor will this giant twat be held accountable.  This will disappear like a fart in the wind until the next comes around.  

The topic is fake racial hate stories and those are to what I refer. The real crimes are pervasive.

Thanks goodness Beto O'Rourke chimed in with his support.

These are the consequences of a president who foments hate every day—and sees our diversity not as a strength but as a weakness. Erica, thank you for serving your state and thanks to your husband for serving our country. We are better than this, and together, we will prove it. https://t.co/eCrdZFgAPl

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) July 20, 2019

Georgia state lawmaker Erica Thomas says she 'feared for her life' after being told to 'go back'

Feared for her life, lol

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Probably both. 

I don't read the New York Times. I don't live in New York. Not every story in the NYT is a national story or of national concern. But I'm probably stupidly lying about that.

A story from Georgia being reported by the NYT isn’t intended to be a local NY story. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7287049/Footage-emerges-argument-lawmaker-shopper-witness-confirms-used-racist-phrase.html

A second newly released video shows a police officer's body cam as he interviews Sparks and witnesses to the row. 

That shows an onlooker at the store confirming to law enforcement that Thomas used the racist phrase and not Sparkes. 

The store employee says: 'She said that to him. "You can go back to where you came from" to him. He just kept calling her ignorant.'   

The witness added that Thomas kept ‘running her mouth’ as she approached him but added that she 'didn’t walk over to them to intervene until they started getting very loud'. 

But a day later Thomas and Sparkes were seen in a shocking on-camera, parking lot confrontation where Eric denied telling her 'go back to where you came from' but admitted he branded her a 'lazy bitch'.

He denied making any racially-charged comments and told WSB-TV that he's Cuban, not a racist and not a Trump supporter.  

Thomas later said in an interview with Channel 2 Action News: 'I don't want to say he said, "Go back to your country", or "Go back to where you came from". But he was making those types of references is what I remember.'

But she doubled down on her original comments in a press conference Monday, saying: 'I want to make sure everyone knows I'm not backtracking on my statement or retracting anything I said.'  

Thomas reportedly told authorities that Sparkes ran up to her 'with clenched hands in such a manner that he made me fearful for the safety of myself and my daughter.'

The deputy noted in the report that claims Sparkes had come across as 'irate', with 'clenched hands' did not appear to be accurate in CCTV footage he reviewed. 

Sparkes tells an officer: 'I go up to this lady. I go, 'Ma'am, not to be rude … it's a 10 items or less (lane). I don't know if you realize it.' And all of a sudden, she blows up. She came after me.

'She’s playing the victim politically, because she’s a politician, saying I told her to ‘go back where she came’ from with all this Trump stuff happening lately, you know what I mean?' 

Sgt. Wayne Delk said: 'After a thorough investigation, both parties have been advised there will be no charges made by the Cobb County Police Department.' 

Ffs. Stupid story. She can’t wait to be a national victim, and he’s one of those idiot “sheriff of the universe” types. Seriously who confronts someone over the number of items in the express lanes?

No shit. I mean, I’ll count my stuff to make sure I don’t have too much in the express lane because I’m not a dick head, but I’m not worrying about someone else. Again because I’m not a dickhead. That’s the Clerks job.

43 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Ffs. Stupid story. She can’t wait to be a national victim, and he’s one of those idiot “sheriff of the universe” types. Seriously who confronts someone over the number of items in the express lanes?

Nobody but this guy, who’s an idiot, but that shouldn’t take away from the fact that this lady went to Twitter with a completely fake story trying to push a narrative...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Larry David would

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bruno Sardine said:

Maybe the point of the story (since some seem confused) is that the person who leveled the false accusation is an elected official. Maybe a minor official, but an elected representative nonetheless. You know, like when a policeman does something bad, and it’s worse because he’s a policeman? 

And maybe the point, too, is that everyone, including many in the national media as well as a number of national politicians, were only too happy to bulldoze the life of the falsely accused person, besmirching and smearing his reputation without even bothering to seriously consider whether the accusation was true. But you have to break some eggs to make an omelet, right? 

Pretty much this.  He shouldn't have gone up to her at all, but she's the one that made a twitter/facebook post calling him out.  People were trying to doxx this guy, and it's proven that she's flat lied.

On 7/27/2019 at 2:02 AM, Bruno Sardine said:

Maybe the point of the story (since some seem confused) is that the person who leveled the false accusation is an elected official. Maybe a minor official, but an elected representative nonetheless. You know, like when a policeman does something bad, and it’s worse because he’s a policeman? 

And maybe the point, too, is that everyone, including many in the national media as well as a number of national politicians, were only too happy to bulldoze the life of the falsely accused person, besmirching and smearing his reputation without even bothering to seriously consider whether the accusation was true. But you have to break some eggs to make an omelet, right? 

So how was this guy's life "bulldozed"? 

Or is that just bullshit and everyone will forget about this in a week's time?

• Fuck You 1

Can we uh, quit calling people "liars" all the time when they are simply mistaken?

You can loathe the fact that they are mistaken as a result of their biases and reliance on partisan sources, but that doesn't make them liars.

This place has turned from a bunch of assholes  into a cunt circus.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Can we uh, quit calling people "liars" all the time when they are simply mistaken?

You can loathe the fact that they are mistaken as a result of their biases and reliance on partisan sources, but that doesn't make them liars.

This place has turned from a bunch of assholes  into a cunt circus.

Proposal: new name for West Mall: Cunt Circus 

• Like 4

Is this where we post about fake hate crime against cops?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-cop-accused-mcdonalds-employees-of-taking-a-bite-out-of-his-sandwich-turns-out-he-forgot-he-ate-it/ar-AAF0HGw

A cop accused McDonald’s employees of taking a bite out of his sandwich. Turns out, he ‘forgot’ he ate it. 

The investigation started with a McDonald’s sandwich.

As he was starting his shift earlier this month, a police officer with the Marion County Sheriff’s Office in Indianapolis went to heat up his McChicken and fries when he found some unsettling evidence: Someone had taken a bite out of his meal. 

“I know I didn’t eat it,” the cop, who identified himself to the press only as “DJ,” told WTHR at the time. “I said, ‘You know what? I am going to the McDonald’s to see if they can get that taken care of.’”

The claim happened during a simmering summer for police nationwide, as a viral trend of dumping water on officers fuels claims from unions in New York and elsewhere that disrespect for officers has reached a boiling point. 

DJ had similar fears when he arrived at the McDonald’s outside downtown Indianapolis. The store offered him free food, but he said he couldn’t care less about extra fries or more burgers. The police officer suspected an employee was targeting him because he was a cop, and he wanted justice for his McChicken. 

“I just wanted to find out who the person was and they deal with that person in an appropriate way,” he told WTHR. 

Both McDonald’s and the sheriff’s office launched full investigations to find the truth. But on Friday, police found that the culprit was not an employee who wanted to mess with law enforcement. Instead, 

DJ simply forgot that he had already taken a bite out of the McChicken. 

“The employee took a bite out of the sandwich upon starting his shift at the Marion County Jail, then placed it in the refrigerator in a break room,” police said in a statement, according to WTHR. “He returned nearly seven hours later having forgotten that he had previously bitten the sandwich.”

The sheriff’s office added: “He wrongly concluded that a McDonald’s restaurant employee had tampered with his food because he is a law enforcement officer.” 

The officer has now formally apologized to McDonald’s for the false accusation, police said.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 5:59 PM, Buzzrock said:

I say the man deserves the presidential medal of freedom. Fuck anyone who uses the express checkout lane with a full basket. 

• Like 3

On 7/28/2019 at 8:13 AM, Pam Cummings said:

So how was this guy's life "bulldozed"? 

Or is that just bullshit and everyone will forget about this in a week's time?

Kind of like letting shit go instead of filming it, uploading it to social media and proclaiming the other party as a racist hate monger to capitalize on the victim mentality?

Right, I'm sure this has no adverse results when said perpetrator is subject to a background check for employment. Just like being falsely accused of rape is fine so long as the person being wrongly accused is acquitted. No harm, no foul.

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

Kind of like letting shit go instead of filming it, uploading it to social media and proclaiming the other party as a racist hate monger to capitalize on the victim mentality?

Right, I'm sure this has no adverse results when said perpetrator is subject to a background check for employment. Just like being falsely accused of rape is fine so long as the person being wrongly accused is acquitted. No harm, no foul.

That's a reasonable thing to say. But let's be honest. Most people only feign caring for the victim in these cases because it helps them advance their little agenda that racism doesn't really exist because look, people are using it to make up stories for attention! This story is totally about race, and not the person being an attention whoring shitbag!

And it's not even comparable to a rape accusation btw.

19 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

That's a reasonable thing to say. But let's be honest. Most people only feign caring for the victim in these cases because it helps them advance their little agenda that racism doesn't really exist because look, people are using it to make up stories for attention! This story is totally about race, and not the person being an attention whoring shitbag!

Do you agree that the adverse could also be an effective tactic? That not all interactions between a white person and a POC are rooted in racism? I think people that don't give a shit also take up that flag to waive. It's only when the accused perp's life is sufficiently ruined for questionable conduct that the mob feels completely sated. The benefit of the doubt always lies on one side of the fence because you can't disprove a negative in these types of situations.

Of course people cheer when a liar is rooted out, especially in today's social/political climate. But, even with the case that inspired this thread, no vindication is available. If you don't think this is equal to be falsely accused of rape, I don't know what to tell you. A rape still occurred, except on someone's honor and dignity. If they WERE in fact racist, they wouldn't care about the true accusation. For that reason alone, the suggestion that there is institutional racism in this country is ridiculous. 

• Like 3

You’re right. The rape comparison is worse because people get thrown in jail and spends thousands defending their name behind that shit. And it never truly goes away, particularly in this day and age.

Rape isn’t worse than dealing with racism. I have to say for you bitches.