Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Those look like scrapes, not burns. I'm not a Dr, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express prior to Covid. 

Burns?  With that much hair?  How are her eyebrows and hair unaffected that close to the area using an accelerant?  Wouldn't her hands and clothes also have burns.  Anything related to your face, your immediate reaction is to bring your hands up and try and put it out?

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Like 1

After a minor dig into Naptha:  Lighter fluid (naptha) and flash point review;

The flash point for lighter fluid is (depending on humidity) between 104F and 140F.

This is why when you go to light your ambient temperature charcoal in your grill, after soaking the charcoal in lighter fluid, you have to hold the match there for a few seconds before it ignites. Even in the summer, if you just toss a match on to it, the match will often go out before the naptha ignites. The flame from the match must raise the surface temperature of the naptha before it ignites.

Conversely, once you get it going, even just a little bit, and you add additional lighter fluid...poof! it ignites instantly!

I just don't believe that  it would be hot enough outside to make it possible to squirt naptha on someone, throw a lighter (which would not just stick to them..it would deflect or "bounce" off, having only stayed in contact for a fraction of a second) and cause it to ignite.  Hair.  Clothes.  Inside of the car.  Etc.  

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

More likely the case - which still sucks.  

Whatever happened, I’ve had strawberries that look like that to my Holliday Inn eyes. Also confused to not see any signs of burnt hair or eyebrows, especially with an accelerant. 

The truth, whatever it turns out to be, will suck. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Whatever happened, I’ve had strawberries that look like that to my Holliday Inn eyes. Also confused to not see any signs of burnt hair or eyebrows, especially with an accelerant. 

The truth, whatever it turns out to be, will suck. 

Yep.  Those are friction burns.  No bubbling.  No blistering.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The flash point for lighter fluid is (depending on humidity) between 104F and 140F.

This is why when you go to light your ambient temperature charcoal in your grill, after soaking the charcoal in lighter fluid, you have to hold the match there for a few seconds before it ignites. Even in the summer, if you just toss a match on to it, the match will often go out before the naptha ignites. The flame from the match must raise the surface temperature of the naptha before it ignites.

Conversely, once you get it going, even just a little bit, and you add additional lighter fluid...poof! it ignites instantly!

I just don't believe that  it would be hot enough outside to make it possible to squirt naptha on someone, throw a lighter (which would not just stick to them..it would deflect or "bounce" off, having only stayed in contact for a fraction of a second) and cause it to ignite.  Hair.  Clothes.  Inside of the car.  Etc.  

You know your lighter fluid, but I'd guess that lighter fluid is just a place holder name for flammable liquid.  I doubt she identified the said liquid as Kingsford or something.  I'm fine with a wait and see approach though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You know your lighter fluid, but I'd guess that lighter fluid is just a place holder name for flammable liquid.  I doubt she identified the said liquid as Kingsford or something.  I'm fine with a wait and see approach though.

Yep.  Just using it as an example (grill) that with it's higher flash point, it doesn't go WHOOSH like gasoline when you throw a match at it.  

Even if it was something like this:  holding a lighter (which the story indicated wasn't the case) and spraying like we've all done as kids, that giant mane of hair and eyebrows would be toast.  Which also assumes these apparent attackers were just cruising around with spray bottles full of chemicals?  In Madison,  are supposed to believe she is rollin through town at 1am with her music going and her windows down in the summer? Madison is upper Midwest, but most people are gonna have windows up regardless because of humidity.

wd-40.jpg

9 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Article in Newsweek says Shaun King is claiming California leos were caught plotting his assassination.

I call extreme Bullshit, and in light of that  BS, it sounds like a mercy killing to me.....  Dude is one miserable fuck, probably doing him a favor.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

As an on-again, off-again smoker of 35 years, I've yet to come across a lighter -- even a Zippo -- that will stay lit while tossed. Maybe a Zippo would stay lit if you dropped it in a windless environment, but probably only if you were sitting down and your hand was almost touching the ground. 

From the looks of her face I would guess she was getting banged doggy style on a bed with sandpaper pillowcases. 

This one is 100 percent bullshit. 

• Like 4

@Brisketexan might remember a certain dearly departed HS classmate of ours who set his own face on fire drinking a flaming shot of Everclear  or 151 over the weekend. On Monday he told school authorities that some kids from a rival school hit him in the face with a crude Molotov cocktail. 

Actually, his face did kind of look like hers. I won't rule out burn burns as opposed to friction burns. 

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

@Brisketexan might remember a certain dearly departed HS classmate of ours who set his own face on fire drinking a flaming shot of Everclear  or 151 over the weekend. On Monday he told school authorities that some kids from a rival school hit him in the face with a crude Molotov cocktail. 

Actually, his face did kind of look like hers. I won't rule out burn burns as opposed to friction burns. 

Wow, I'd forgotten that.  And yeah, actually, his face DID look a good bit like that.

God.....he was such a fucking dumbass.  That was not his only such idiotic misadventure.

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

@Brisketexan might remember a certain dearly departed HS classmate of ours who set his own face on fire drinking a flaming shot of Everclear  or 151 over the weekend.

I did that drinking a Mexican flag once.  I don't remember what my face looked like though.  I did lose my eyebrows though

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Was his nickname Dirt bike?

No....but his friend cohort had a stupid-ass nickname that matched up with many of their foolish misadventures.  I once saw him beer bong an entire bottle of vodka at the beach, as I told him "you dumbass, don't do that -- best case, in 3 minutes, you puke up and waste an entire bottle of vodka.  Worst case, we have to take you to UTMB."  So, "luckily," the best case is what happened.  Maybe a minute later, an entire bottle of vodka, puked onto the sand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wow, I'd forgotten that.  And yeah, actually, his face DID look a good bit like that.

God.....he was such a fucking dumbass.  That was not his only such idiotic misadventure.

I'll never forget it. I was saying "Sam, don't do that man, you're gonna regret it." (Sam does it anyway.) "I told you not to do that, dumbass," I said as I beat the flames out on his face.  (Shotgun, 1987 or '88)

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

I'll never forget it. I was saying "Sam, don't do that man, you're gonna regret it." (Sam does it anyway.) "I told you not to do that, dumbass," I said as I beat the flames out on his face.  (Shotgun, 1987 or '88)

See my speech above about the bottle of vodka.

When someone was depending on 1988 versions of you and me to be the voice of reason.....they were fucked.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No....but his friend cohort had a stupid-ass nickname that matched up with many of their foolish misadventures.  I once saw him beer bong an entire bottle of vodka at the beach, as I told him "you dumbass, don't do that -- best case, in 3 minutes, you puke up and waste an entire bottle of vodka.  Worst case, we have to take you to UTMB."  So, "luckily," the best case is what happened.  Maybe a minute later, an entire bottle of vodka, puked onto the sand.

I named his friend cohort. I never thought they'd run with it. It was based on how Tom G laughed or something...Ah, the Pirates with their Zeppelin and their ritual drinking. They put ITK in the shade in terms of sheer volume of both alcohol and vomit. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

12 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I named his friend cohort. I never thought they'd run with it. It was based on how Tom G laughed or something...Ah, the Pirates with their Zeppelin and their ritual drinking. They put ITK in the shade in terms of sheer volume of both alcohol and vomit. 

The fact that you were the author of that nickname is the icing on the cake, man.  I never knew that.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The fact that you were the author of that nickname is the icing on the cake, man.  I never knew that.

I think people started giving Brice credit for it but it was me...That's the truth. There was some story going around about my dad and I beating some people up outside a convenience store that had not a shred of truth to it, not least because my dad lived in Nashville and I lived with my grandparents. It was a cool story to have going around though -- we were total badasses in that weird little fiction. I wonder who really did that. 

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I think people started giving Brice credit for it but it was me...That's the truth. There was some story going around about my dad and I beating some people up outside a convenience store that had not a shred of truth to it, not least because my dad lived in Nashville and I lived with my grandparents. It was a cool story to have going around though -- we were total badasses in that weird little fiction. I wonder who really did that. 

I dunno.  All the stories I made up about you characterized you as a dipshit stoner with a Beavis laugh.  Those stories were credible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

I love a man who does the proper research before setting fire to another human. Well done, sir!

🙂

17 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

Everyone knew what the rope was for, and yet we get headlines in the national press implying that a noose was put up as a warning or intimidation tactic.  Nowhere in those initial headlines and articles does it say that the rope was for a garage door or had some purpose.  Why do you think that useful bit of information was not included?   

Garage door rope formed into a noose found in black driver's garage

How much does that change the potential meaning? How would that fact indicate that it shouldn't be looked into? The key item is the reported presence of the noose.

The story was investigated and the results were reported. What's the problem other than a specious assumption about narratives and hidden agendas?

29 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

This is my point.  Anyone who looked at it could have determined what it was. 

again, there's a garage full of nascar types, all of whom have been in nascar garages previously (this is the cup series, not some 4th tier down the ladder series), and a crew member thought it was out of the ordinary enough to kick it up to the crew chief, who thought it was out of the ordinary enough to kick it up to nascar corporate.  nascar corporate investigates and finds that it is the only garage door rope tied into a noose.  nascar itself then issues a statement that a noose was found in bubba wallace's garage.  this isn't the media selecting words for outrage purposes, this is nascar.  that's nascar's own release.  nascar, because it is aware of the greater moment going on in this country (including some asshole paying good money to pull a confederate battle flag overhead while pro-battle flag protestors are outside the track), calls up the FBI.*

you're invested in creating a counter narrative.  you should ask yourself why that is. 

*i am almost certain that the convo in the birmingham field office went like this:
"hey nascar wants someone to go investigate in the cup pits this afternoon, any volunteers?"
*everyone raises their hand*

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

who thought it was out of the ordinary enough to kick it up to nascar corporate.

And it was out of the ordinary.  I think the number is that there are over 1,400 stalls.....this is literally the only one with that sort of setup (a hemp rope knot that looks to 99% of layperson's eyes like a noose).  Characterizing this as just some regular old garage door pull handle is intellectually dishonest as hell.

3 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

But it could be honestly and accurately characterized as a garage door pull rope with a looped end that looks like a noose.  

And the only one out of 1,684 stalls to have it. You seem strangely invested in banging your head against this wall. I hope you make some progress in whatever it is you're trying to accomplish.

3 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

My issue is with how information gets reported and communicated in modern society.  This is just one ridiculous example out of many.  Any number of people could have said what was obviously going on, and the press could have done a bit of investigation before coming up with the most incendiary headlines possible.  But it is no one’s interest to do either of those things.  We are becoming more and more divided as a nation not because things are getting worse (if we judge by any objective measure, views on race relations, laws, corporate polices involving inclusiveness and equality, etc,  have all been steadily improving), but because we are constantly being bombarded with information telling us how bad things are.  The reason this is being done is because it is good for the media industry.  

I don't think there is some grand conspiracy.  Nobody in Nascar would want to come within a hundred miles of a story involving race or Bubba right now.  They knew what it was, but all it would take is for one tweet saying a noose was found and Nascar simply dismissed it, and now they have a PR nightmare with terminations at the end of it.  

But it could be honestly and accurately characterized as a garage door pull rope with a looped end that looks like a noose.  

The only decent point you made in all of that is that it would be much better if the media waited for stories to unfold instead of rushing out with a headline.  I don't think many would argue with you there, but then again, that ship has sailed -- LONG ago.

It was out of place.  To a layperson, it sure as shit looks like a noose (down to the fact that it was a hemp rope, not even a nylon rope).  It was in one stall.  And only one.  That happened to be assigned to the one black driver in NASCAR.  And no other stalls have what you want to characterize as a regular old pull loop like this -- not one.  That's a lot of coincidences and circumstances that at the very least, mean that a genuine investigation into it wasn't unwarranted.  And once that investigation was going to happen, we all know that word of it was going to get out.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It was in one stall.  And only one.  That happened to be assigned to the one black driver in NASCAR.  And no other stalls have what you want to characterize as a regular old pull loop like this -- not one.  That's a lot of coincidences and circumstances that at the very least

There's 4 of them alone, 3 minutes into this video

This also a coincidence, or are people in the truck series more racist than the car series

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

Ok, add that information as well.  What I stated is an accurate characterization of what was found.  You seem to be invested in the idea that a garage door pull rope should reasonably prompt a large scale federal investigation.  It does not.  Just think how many agents we will need if the free lance internet journalists ever discover shipping docs.  We will need a whole division to investigate all those loop knots.  

Ultimately, we have a national story and federal investigation involving more than a dozen agents on nothing more than a garage door pull rope with an elaborate knot.  There are murders (even murders of black men) in this country that do not get a fraction on this attention.  You are acting as if the large scale federal investigation and national news story were unavoidable outcomes of this garage door pull rope.  

The investigation was commensurate with the scale of the business -- NASCAR is big business.  Calling for (and getting) a hardcore investigation is sound risk management.  It avoids any risk of someone accusing NASCAR of covering it up (if indeed it turned out to be something).  If NASCAR was a my client, I'd have advised them to do the same, and because our government and law enforcement jump when moneyed interests tell them to, they'd have gotten the investigation.

Wouldn’t it be pretty easy to review the surveillance cameras to see when this “garage pull” was made into a “noose”? It would seem that the alleged offender would have to know Wallace would be assigned that stall and then gain access to the stall without anyone seeing to tie the “noose”. That doesn’t seem very plausible to me, but maybe there is some huge conspiracy to cover it all up by the powers that be in NASCAR.

1 minute ago, Axiom of Choice said:

Would you advise them to call for an investigation every time a loop knot was discovered, or would you suggest that they develop a loop knot protocol that determines how to proceed? 

A generic loop knot?  Probably not.  But a knot that looks to any untrained eye like a noose?  Tied with a hemp rope?  When it's the only such knot in a NASCAR garage?  And it happens to be in the stall of the only black driver?  During a time of great social unrest regarding race, specifically including NASCAR's action in banning the confederate flag just a few days before?

With all of those circumstances (your question is such a logically fallacious pile of shit)....yes, I would.  Every fucking day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

Would you advise them to call for an investigation every time a loop knot was discovered, or would you suggest that they develop a loop knot protocol that determines how to proceed? 

If it looks like a noose sure why not?  It's already been stated that was the only one that fits the description.  I doubt any garage crew ties a Bimini knot for their pull down again, so it's really a moot point.

• Like 1

The police are murdering black men. The police are macing, teargassing, and beating peaceful protesters of the murdering police. Racist remarks and statements are on the rise from the white right.

Oh look, I think somebody was wrong when they said there was a noose in a black race car driver's garage. The press is stirring up trouble just like they always do to sell papers, push narratives, and hide their agendas. I'M HOPPING MAD ABOUT THAT, YOU FUCKING SHEEP!

Idiot World meet Disingenuous World meet Projection World

Fuck these guys. Fuck this way of doing things. Fuck everybody responsible for it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2