Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Sorry, couldn’t read this post. There’s 13.5 rings in each of my eyes. You & futureman & Burnt can all get bent. This thread is a hate crime against intelligence, I regret ever opening it. I’ll leave you idiots to it.

derek jeter wasn’t that great. 

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

derek jeter wasn’t that great. 

You little bitch. I was more than done here but I stupidly opened my notification and I simply can’t let this go. 5 time world champion, well over 3000 hits, ROY, 14 time all star, World Series MVP, franchise leader in career doubles and stolen bases, Mr November, examplary professional, and a fantastic role model. Incredible taste in women as well. 

Fuck you

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You little bitch. I was more than done here but I stupidly opened my notification and I simply can’t let this go. 5 time world champion, well over 3000 hits, ROY, 14 time all star, World Series MVP, franchise leader in career doubles and stolen bases, Mr November, examplary professional, and a fantastic role model. Incredible taste in women as well. 

Fuck you

meh.  average at best, product of the pinstripes.  if he’d played in milwaukee you’d never have heard of him.  

now, nomar garciaparra.  that’s a shortstop. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think what Smollett wanted was to be able to post pictures of his attack, not file a police report, and then be able to tweet away that the police were jerks and as a gay black man in Chicago he was further being victimized by corrupt cops.its why he had his friend call the police to report his attacks 

It’s why he requested the police turn off their body cameras when they arrived (which they did bc it’s a common victim request) why he waited so long to report it (basically like 45 minutes after the attack) and why he was so reluctant to file charges. And why after the police made it known to them who they believed his attackers to be he refused to file a complaint against them both bc they were known to them. 

think he wanted to be able to say “I just didn’t feel supported by law enforcement”  probably bc he never thought they’d really find the attackers and hey they are Nigerian and most people identify Nigerians with email scams and they have records so if caught and he gets nailed u have convenient targets to blame at trial. 

Also if he’s/Nigerians are behind the crappy threatening letter  addressed to him shortly before his faux attack the one that looks like a two year old drew the picture with the crushed up powder in it doesn’t that actually constitute a more serious crime than the faux assault report? . Like mail crimes may be what he gets nailed with? I don’t know which is why I’m asking.

• Like 1

That's all very reasonable.  I don't get the sense this is an anti police thing IMO.

I think it's somewhere between:

1. I gotta show America how terrible white/conservative people are 

2. I gotta show American how much of a victim black/gay people are

3. He wanted to be a victim of something terrible and be seem as a hero for overcoming it

4. He's batshit crazy.

I'm leaning toward #4 but who knows.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lhorn said:

That's all very reasonable.  I don't get the sense this is an anti police thing IMO.

I think it's somewhere between:

1. I gotta show America how terrible white/conservative people are 

2. I gotta show American how much of a victim black/gay people are

3. He wanted to be a victim of something terrible and be seem as a hero for overcoming it

4. He's batshit crazy.

I'm leaning toward #4 but who knows.

Rumor was that his current gig could have been in jeopardy as well. The studio has denied it, but it’s more did he perceive his role was being diminished and so he went to make himself more prominent in the mainstream media. 

I am less curious from a pure “why” standpoint, because any of the reasoning will sound a bit crazy to me, but I am really curious what gave him the idea that he would get away with it? That is the part that amazes me.

Edited by Laxtonto
Fuck you autocorrect

11 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Rumor was that his current gig could have been in jeopardy as well. The studio has denied it, but it’s more did he perceive his role was being diminished and so he went to make himself more prominent in the mainstream media. 

I am less curious from a pure “why” standpoint, because any of the reasoning will sound a bit crazy to me, but I am really curious what gave him the idea that he would get away with it? That is the part that amazes me.

It’s simple. His Tweets were not being heard, and not creating the awareness he was aware of. 

Just starting a conversation 

24 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Some stupid people think they're smarter than actual smart people, comes to mind.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Involving two accomplices for the king's ransom of $3500 was a brilliant plan. Complete with the purchase of traceable evidence from a local hardware store... This guy is a Mensa candidate.

I guess there are people who have never caught a re-run of Forensic Files on the 23 different channels that the show airs on?

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

Involving two accomplices for the king's ransom of $3500 was a brilliant plan. Complete with the purchase of traceable evidence from a local hardware store... This guy is a Mensa candidate.

I guess there are people who have never caught a re-run of Forensic Files on the 23 different channels that the show airs on?

To me it’s almist like a bizarre black gay version of Zoolander tried to plan this...

So many areas of fail involved.

This happens where there is no cameras, so why then get the hats? Either he wanted it filmed and screwed up the location or over complicated it.

He hired people he knew from the gym and then let them go back to Nigeria, but not long enough to let the investigation go away.

A noose... made out of a clothes line? And bleach? WTF ? None of that makes sense with the weather at the time.

The sandwich? He said the attack happened as he left subway and still he kept the sandwich?

Should have rescheduled it a few days and let the weather get better and then beat him up and make up the rest of the claims without the props for his method acting.

14 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

Of course most sane people understand this. HOWEVER, what Steadman fails to address is reporting a fake hate crime does a disservice to all those who have actually been victims of a hate crime (or any crime for that matter) 

And this actually goes way further than most false reports for a number of reasons-

1 .He's famous so it's going to get much more media play then if it was some regular Joe

2. He allegedly paid friends to stage said "hate crime" 

3. Made sure to include a political buzz word for maximum exposure and outrage

4. And finally the most important point- He actually is making it much worse for those that are real victims. As SOME people already question victims and now will use this as an example to back up their incorrect views based on their political leanings on whether to believe a victim. 

22 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

To me it’s almist like a bizarre black gay version of Zoolander tried to plan this...

This happens where there is no cameras, so why then get the hats? Either he wanted it filmed and screwed up the location or over complicated it.

He hired people he knew from the gym and then let them go back to Nigeria, but not long enough to let the investigation go away.

A noose... made out of a clothes line? And bleach? WTF ? None of that makes sense with the weather at the time.

The sandwich? He said the attack happened as he left subway and still he kept the sandwich?

Should have rescheduled it a few days and let the weather get better and then beat him up and make up the rest of the claims without the props for his method acting.

Reading Smollett's tweets, it's like an auto-generated list of platitudes. Dude may be a great actor, but there's a reason they hire writers to do the script writing.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:01 PM, Nicole44 said:

Thanks. What’s weird was he was actually in the Mighty Ducks. I’m glad they let they two Nigerian brothers go: I was promised a million dollars after I loaned them $50,000 to get their money safely out of the country. So it’s all good. I’m sure I can find them. 

Also Dave Chappelle went ballistic on Jussie in his comic routine: http://www.newnownext.com/dave-chappelle-jussie-smollett-attack-joke/02/2019/

God I love Dave Chappelle:

He repeatedly expressed his anger that, in his belief, Smollett had lied about the attack, saying it would hurt the credibility of real victims of anti-gay and racist violence, and joked that he hoped “the gays” take the brunt of the blow back.

13 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s why he requested the police turn off their body cameras when they arrived (which they did bc it’s a common victim request) 

Is that "common request" policy mentioned in any of the articles?  Just curious as to how/why Chicago has that kind of policy.  Do any other cities?  That's a terrible approach to take.

26 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Is that "common request" policy mentioned in any of the articles?  Just curious as to how/why Chicago has that kind of policy.  Do any other cities?  That's a terrible approach to take.

This is from the initial report and the explanation for the police shutting off their body cameras is also included. Not saying I agree with the practice but I’m sure they are used to victims of real assault making that request.

When officers arrived at his apartment, Smollett still had a white rope draped around his neck. The report also noted that officers turned off their body cameras at Smollett’s request, something that crime victims sometimes ask officers to do, according to Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/national/smollett-told-police-attackers-knew-he-was-on-empire/2019/02/05/cbb966bc-295c-11e9-906e-9d55b6451eb4_story.html

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

It's sadly comedic.   Supposedly he leaves subway walking and talking on the phone with his agent at the time these guys confront him and they were all "Hey aren't you that guy from empire?" (making it seem like a chance encounter) and then proceeded to attack him while wearing ski masks with MAGA hats on over the ski masks.  They also happen to have with them a "noose" and some bleach (implying it was planned).  They beat him, noose around neck, pour bleach on him, yell "this is MAGA country" as well as presumably some other derogatory things.   This all went down during the 60 second surveillance gap where footage shows Jussie walking around with no rope around his neck and him emerging with the rope around his neck.   Oh, and still holding his Subway sandwich and cell phone.   He walks home leaving the noose around his neck till he gets to his apartment and leaves it on until the police arrive.   SOUNDS LEGIT!

What a fucking clown!

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Like 3

So according Cbs news Chicago, bc the threatening letter addressed to him with aspirin crushed in it didn’t get a bigger reaction like he hoped, he just hired his buddies to “attack” him. Not to worry though, the FBI is handling the letter investigation so it appears the letter is being taken seriously, Jussie. 

“Smollett received a letter containing a white powder Jan. 22. The letter was mailed to Chicago’s Cinespace Studios, where the show “Empire” is filmed. The letter prompted a HAZMAT response. CPD says the “white substance” was later determined to be aspirin.

The note was crafted with letters apparently cut out from magazines to form words. The pieced-together message contained racial and homophobic threats directed at Smollett. A magazine is one of the pieces of evidence retrieved from the brother’s home last week during a search conducted by CPD. Investigators also recovered a book of stamps.

Chicago police say the FBI is handling the investigation surrounding the letter, because that’s a federal-level concern.”

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

It's sadly comedic.   Supposedly he leaves subway walking and talking on the phone with his agent at the time these guys confront him and they were all "Hey aren't you that guy from empire?" (making it seem like a chance encounter) and then proceeded to attack him while wearing ski masks with MAGA hats on over the ski masks.  They also happen to have with them a "noose" and some bleach (implying it was planned).  They beat him, noose around neck, pour bleach on him, yell "this is MAGA country" as well as presumably some other derogatory things.   This all went down during the 60 second surveillance gap where footage shows Jussie walking around with no rope around his neck and him emerging with the rope around his neck.   Oh, and still holding his Subway sandwich and cell phone.   He walks home leaving the noose around his neck till he gets to his apartment and leaves it on until the police arrive.   SOUNDS LEGIT!

What a fucking clown!

His luck he'll get thrown in prison and intentionally drop the soap in the communal shower and nobody will notice so he'll drop it a few more times.

• Like 1

TMZ on top as always:

Jussie Smollett rehearsed the "attack" against him days before the incident and it was all staged for the camera, this according to what the 2 brothers told cops. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Abel and Ola Osundairo told cops they got in a car with Jussie and scouted a location, settling on the one right outside the actor's apartment. The brothers said Jussie chose the spot because he believed a camera would have captured the action. Our sources say the brothers told police Jussie said he wanted to make it a "physical thing," but not to the point he'd be seriously injured.  

On the night Jussie says he was attacked, the brothers claim they showed up at the scene but were extremely nervous because, just as they played out the scene, a car drove by and they were worried they'd be ID'd. Our sources say the brothers performed per the rehearsal -- they screamed out they recognized Jussie from "Empire" and then hurled the racist n-word and the homophobic f-word.  The brothers told cops they "made contact with Jussie's face" but it was "weak." They said they didn't know how he suffered the bruises but the staged fight was not designed to injure him.

https://www.tmz.com/

19 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Pretty sure it would be something easy to look up, so I did. https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2017/topic-pages/offenders

Race 

In 2017, race was reported for 6,370 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

• 50.7 percent were White.
  • 21.3 percent were Black or African American.
  • 7.5 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
  • 0.8 percent (49 offenders) were American Indian or Alaska Native.
  • 0.7 percent (42 offenders) were Asian.
  • 3 offenders were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
  • 19.1 percent were unknown.

I came across similar stats over 20 years ago in an almanac. In all the years since then, I have rarely seen the media describe a crime as a hate crime when the subject wasn’t white.

True story.  My wife and I were driving in East Dallas between Columbia Ave and I-30 when we saw a 75-ish year old man walking along holding a bloody newspaper to his elbow. His elbow was not only bleeding, but broken. He had been attacked by a “gang” of Hispanic youths. He repeatedly refused to involve the police because he had to walk everywhere and feared retaliation, but we still helped him get to a hospital.

Our next door neighbor wrote for the DMN, and I told him about a suspected hate crime (the thugs referred to his race during the attack). He was all ears until I told him the victim was white, then he became suddenly uninterested in hearing more details.

I’m not going to look it up, but saw FBI crime statistics for a couple of different years in the 2000s that showed something like 30,000 sexual assaults a year where the victim is white and the reported suspect is black. Those same stats had an asterisk for white people sexually assaulting blacks because the reported attacks were so rare that they indicated fewer than 10 (yes, ten) per year nationwide.

So yes, the media does ignore stories that don’t fit a narrative.

1 minute ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I came across similar stats over 20 years ago in an almanac. In all the years since then, I have rarely seen the media describe a crime as a hate crime when the subject wasn’t white.

True story.  My wife and I were driving in East Dallas between Columbia Ave and I-30 when we saw a 75-ish year old man walking along holding a bloody newspaper to his elbow. His elbow was not only bleeding, but broken. He had been attacked by a “gang” of Hispanic youths. He repeatedly refused to involve the police because he had to walk everywhere and feared retaliation, but we still helped him get to a hospital.

Our next door neighbor wrote for the DMN, and I told him about a suspected hate crime (the thugs referred to his race during the attack). He was all ears until I told him the victim was white, then he became suddenly uninterested in hearing more details.

I’m not going to look it up, but saw FBI crime statistics for a couple of different years in the 2000s that showed something like 30,000 sexual assaults a year where the victim is white and the reported suspect is black. Those same stats had an asterisk for white people sexually assaulting blacks because the reported attacks were so rare that they indicated fewer than 10 (yes, ten) per year nationwide.

So yes, the media does ignore stories that don’t fit a narrative.

Oooooh yer gonna fucking burn you racist.  People of color cannot be racist.  Didn't you get the memo. Just ask Dennison he'll splain' the whole thing to you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oooooh yer gonna fucking burn you racist.  People of color cannot be racist.  Didn't you get the memo. Just ask Dennison he'll splain' the whole thing to you.

LOL. I had the same reaction. You need some Snowsplaining that only white, male, straight, Christian, non-Democrats can be racist, duh. Although, Roseanne demonstrated this rule can be broken if you express too much like for something non-Democrat.

A little credit ... this has been covered more than expected vs. previous high profile hoaxes. 

21 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I tried to find the table that had the FBI statistics, but I came up with nothing. I think it was something that was linked on an old Hornfans bitch fest. I hope someone  else can find it because the disparity seemed almost too crazy to be true. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

So according Cbs news Chicago, bc the threatening letter addressed to him with aspirin crushed in it didn’t get a bigger reaction like he hoped, he just hired his buddies to “attack” him. Not to worry though, the FBI is handling the letter investigation so it appears the letter is being taken seriously, Jussie. 

“Smollett received a letter containing a white powder Jan. 22. The letter was mailed to Chicago’s Cinespace Studios, where the show “Empire” is filmed. The letter prompted a HAZMAT response. CPD says the “white substance” was later determined to be aspirin.

Fucking Richard Petty is after Jussie...

PickAPowder.jpg