Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Whoa, candace, best to sit this one out...

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why? Read the replies on her tweets.  She's clearly going to profit further from Trumpers from this tweet.  You want her to sit this one out because you are assuming she feels emotional about the gravity of this, but she doesn't.  Trumpists, like Trump himself, don't feel empathy.  She really doesn't care at all that people lost their lives.  She only cares about how to maximize her own personal gain.

12 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Why? Read the replies on her tweets.  She's clearly going to profit further from Trumpers from this tweet.  You want her to sit this one out because you are assuming she feels emotional about the gravity of this, but she doesn't.  Trumpists, like Trump himself, don't feel empathy.  She really doesn't care at all that people lost their lives.  She only cares about how to maximize her own personal gain.

I know, i know. I try to come from a position of empathy most times. I project that onto other people too often. 

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

They are all radicalized online now by the same 50 or so right wing sources. Montreal shooter was a ben shapiro fan, this dude was a candace owens super follower. Keep spreading hate to own the libs I guess.

We kinda called this years ago.  And it will get worse because our “conservative” leaders refuse to clean their own house and they’re directly benefiting from the right wing ecosystems. 

This is what our modern civil war looks like.  A bunch of sexually frustrated sleeper cell terrorists killing indiscriminately because they’re afraid of the honkycaust. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Don’t forget that if the FBI hadn’t done their job a month ago, America would have had the same thing happen.

I believe the headlines that day were something like "All hate crimes are fake" because of Smollett.  

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We kinda called this years ago.  And it will get worse because our “conservative” leaders refuse to clean their own house and they’re directly benefiting from the right wing ecosystems. 

This is what our modern civil war looks like.  A bunch of sexually frustrated sleeper cell terrorists killing indiscriminately because they’re afraid of the honkycaust. 

Tough war to win with one hand tied behind our back.  We rightfully go after Imams who call for jihad and bloodshed.  We need to start doing the same thing with those who radicalize right wingers.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Tough war to win with one hand tied behind our back.  We rightfully go after Imams who call for jihad and bloodshed.  We need to start doing the same thing with those who radicalize right wingers.

Absolutely.  Hate speech is not protected by the First Amendment.  The people promoting this shit should be locked up.

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

So a poorly educated white Australian with Scottish, Irish, and English roots starts shooting up a mosque in New Zealand because he views Muslims as invaders. 

A white guy. From Australia. Upset about invaders.

Maybe he should have paid more attention in class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

He live streamed it too.  

It will eventually happen here.   I don’t mean the guy uploading videos of himself shooting that reporter a year or two ago.  I mean somebody will livestream shooting up a school.  

And it’s going to change a lot of minds in this country.   

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It will eventually happen here.   I don’t mean the guy uploading videos of himself shooting that reporter a year or two ago.  I mean somebody will livestream shooting up a school.  

You have more faith in the American public than they deserve.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You lost me here. The cup has already tipped and everything has spilled. There's nothing left but the mess. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, deech said:

You have more faith in the American public than they deserve.

7 minutes ago, TornACL said:

You lost me here. The cup has already tipped and everything has spilled. There's nothing left but the mess. 

Almost everything that’s happened here has been pretty abstract to the typical American, with the abstraction helped along by certain organizations and individuals.  Even the Las Vegas shooting.  And it’s easy to be abstract for many, because dipshits on cell phones or drunk drivers kill many more people every year than all mass shootings combined.  Most of us will never know a victim of a mass shooting as well   

With that said, Parkland raised the temperature a lot, because you had victims able to speak for themselves, unlike many past shootings, and they were social media-savvy.   Those previously-mentioned organizations and individuals even tried tangling with the Parklamd survivors, trying to downplay their stories or cast doubt on them   And it is still playing out, even now - witness the slowly-growing movement to replace the dipshit Matt Goetz who recently acted like an asshole to the victim’s dad during a Congressional hearing, and tried to change the topic to a fucking border wall.

Whether you view it as a draw, or one side or the other winning, the debate around Parkland grabbed the public’s attention in a way that previous shootings didn’t.

Now go watch the video that’s floating around.

Instead of Muslims being executed on the floor of their mosque, imagine the video is of little kids being executed in the halls of their school.

It’s going to happen   Nobody is addressing the mental health system in this country, and the access to firearms that the mentally ill still have, either through family members,or shoddy record-keeping, or broken communication between the relevant authorities and organizations   Even if the police had taken Trump’s advice and aggressively confiscated guns from at-risk nuts and worried about the courts later, it wouldn’t have slowed a lot of these people down.

Do I worry about my wife (she works in education) or my son who is in kindergarten at a public school?   Not really - some dipshit looking at their cell phone and blowing through a red light or a stop sign is still more of a threat.   Do I think the cops are going to show up at my door because I have a certain type of firearm?  No, we are a long way away from that point, and they don’t have the manpower anyways.

But I do think we are just a school shooting or two away from a massive sea-change (and I think women voters will help drive it).   And I think there is some truth to that whole “national emergency” business that Trump is getting up to - a Democrat will take advantage of it.

Because I remember the Assault Weapons Ban that was in place from 1994-2004 (I was one of those assholes who profited from it).  It was a 52-48 vote in the Senate, and it survived more than a few Constitutional challenges in the courts   

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Almost everything that’s happened here has been pretty abstract to the typical American, with the abstraction helped along by certain organizations and individuals.  Even the Las Vegas shooting.  And it’s easy to be abstract for many, because dipshits on cell phones or drunk drivers kill many more people every year than all mass shootings combined.  Most of us will never know a victim of a mass shooting as well   

With that said, Parkland raised the temperature a lot, because you had victims able to speak for themselves, unlike many past shootings, and they were social media-savvy.   Those previously-mentioned organizations and individuals even tried tangling with the Parklamd survivors, trying to downplay their stories or cast doubt on them   And it is still playing out, even now - witness the slowly-growing movement to replace the dipshit Matt Goetz who recently acted like an asshole to the victim’s dad during a Congressional hearing, and tried to change the topic to a fucking border wall.

Whether you view it as a draw, or one side or the other winning, the debate around Parkland grabbed the public’s attention in a way that previous shootings didn’t.

Now go watch the video that’s floating around.

Instead of Muslims being executed on the floor of their mosque, imagine the video is of little kids being executed in the halls of their school.

It’s going to happen   Nobody is addressing the mental health system in this country, and the access to firearms that the mentally ill still have, either through family members,or shoddy record-keeping, or broken communication between the relevant authorities and organizations   Even if the police had taken Trump’s advice and aggressively confiscated guns from at-risk nuts and worried about the courts later, it wouldn’t have slowed a lot of these people down.

Do I worry about my wife (she works in education) or my son who is in kindergarten at a public school?   Not really - some dipshit looking at their cell phone and blowing through a red light or a stop sign is still more of a threat.   Do I think the cops are going to show up at my door because I have a certain type of firearm?  No, we are a long way away from that point, and they don’t have the manpower anyways.

But I do think we are just a school shooting or two away from a massive sea-change (and I think women voters will help drive it).   And I think there is some truth to that whole “national emergency” business that Trump is getting up to - a Democrat will take advantage of it.

Because I remember the Assault Weapons Ban that was in place from 1994-2004 (I was one of those assholes who profited from it).  It was a 52-48 vote in the Senate, and it survived more than a few Constitutional challenges in the courts   

Mental Health has become the new buzzword for this stuff.  Some of these people are simply delusional idiots.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TornACL said:

That and there already was a shooting of that news reporter by the disgruntled ex-employee who posted the videos on Twitter.

I've said it before:

The next time there is a mass shooting, leave the bodies, leave the blood, leave the bullet casings. As many as possible should be forced to walk through the school or church or workplace, eyes held open Clockwork Orange-style. Start with the President and his advisors, then move on to all the Senators, then Congressmen, then Governors, then state assembly people. Then, a national lottery starts randomly selecting the common folk for the walk through.

The normalization of hateful rhetoric from the conservative right is causing more and more individuals to become radicalized. I think if it’s not stopped the bigots will become more organized and more mainstream and then really bad things are going to happen. And this country’s current leaders will do nothing to stop it because the movement serves their political purposes and their lust for power and wealth. Whenever a conservative white male goes on a rampage, the right wingers just point at an Antifa member punching a Nazi or some college students shouting down a bigot, shrug their shoulders, and say both sides are violent. And they do nothing. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, rantanamo said:

Mental Health has become the new buzzword for this stuff.  Some of these people are simply delusional idiots.

That's how we excuse the white Christian ones. When a Muslim does it, it's an indictment of the entire faith. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

You’re as gross as Candace Owens.

Have you read the entire manifesto?  He designed it intentionally in a manner to make people knee jerk tear into other people just to show how easy it can be done.  He pinballs off of every political ideology known to man.  He has parts where he claims to be right-wing.  He has parts where he claims to be left-wing.  He has parts condemning the right wing.  He has parts condemning the left wing.  He claims to support Trump as a symbol and then turns around and states that he absolutely hates Trumps actions and policies.  He states upfront that the purpose of putting it on the net is to fuck with everyone and get everyone to intensify their hostilities with everyone else.   Have another bite of the cheese.

https://media.8ch.net/file_store/d9017cfda86a09390ffcea09766374fbe270c20d7ac5e53c0d895de8d6a97231.pdf

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Have you read the entire manifesto?  He designed it intentionally in a manner to make people knee jerk tear into other people just to show how easy it can be done.  He pinballs off of every political ideology known to man.  He has parts where he claims to be right-wing.  He has parts where he claims to be left-wing.  He has parts condemning the right wing.  He has parts condemning the left wing.  He claims to support Trump as a symbol and then turns around and states that he absolutely hates Trumps actions and policies.  He states upfront that the purpose of putting it on the net is to fuck with everyone and get everyone to intensify their hostilities with everyone else.   Have another bite of the cheese.

https://media.8ch.net/file_store/d9017cfda86a09390ffcea09766374fbe270c20d7ac5e53c0d895de8d6a97231.pdf

So, other than the murder of 49 Muslims, he was just trolling.

And this is supposed to make it better how?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread