Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Bama Chick said:

“Bad things happen no matter what we do so we might as well not do anything because I don’t want to be bothered” is my most favorite “STAY AWAY FROM MY DICK, I mean gun” defense.

No matter how many laws we have, people still break them, so we should just not have laws.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sigh.

Pick up your books of "History of all the Horribly Bad and Stupid Shit Humanity did in the 20th Century" -- we're doing them all again.

Y'all ask why I am a pessimist, out on the ledge and whatnot.  There is a global movement.  Its signatures include:

- hunting and murdering jews

- hunting and murdering muslims

- hunting and murdering mexicans

And American leadership actually committing to stand and act AGAINST those things is.......crickets.  Instead, our governing movement offers tacit support to (and depends upon support from) this sort of shitbag.  We actually de-fund or don't spend funds on defending against this sort of thing.

The 20th century fully committed to its descent into horror the 14th year after the turn of the century.  Looks like we waited until the 16th year after the turn of the next century before the reprise.  Yay, progress!

You left out an appalling lack of subject/verb agreement.

Meanwhile states are banning vaping because nearly 23 people nationwide may have died from a vaping related illness in 2019.

53 people died in mass shootings during August.

Think of the children.

Edited by RPM

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What if I make fun of you for totally race-neutral reasons?  Like, the only way you've ever satisfied a woman is by leaving her alone? Or, you put beans in your chili?  Cuz I can totally go that route.

Sir.  With all due respect you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.  Satisfied girlfriend, possible.  Satisfied wife, impossible.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In one of the updates above, deputies were on scene when it happened due to parking complaints regarding the party. The attendance was estimated at over 700(?) people but I don't know how reliable that was.

Are you saying the highly trained armed deputies were unable to stop this shooting, or even catch the shooter because they’re not superheroes?

Definitely should infringe the rights of hundreds of millions due to the actions of...dozens. 

I don’t support much more than background checks and red flags laws, but that’s a dumbass argument. We literally built a permanent new domestic surveillance state and started two wars of convenience that have not ended yet because 19 people killed 3000 people 18 years ago.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Definitely should infringe the rights of hundreds of millions due to the actions of...dozens. 

I know.  Every American should have the unalienable right to shout “FIRE!” in a crowded theater.  But just because a few dozen dumbfucks trample each other to death whenever I exercise that RIGHT, the Deep State gets its authoritarian panties all in a wad and starts stomping on my RIGHTS.  Wake up, sheeple!

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Everyone should be able to drive their car as fast as they can go, but we can’t because jonathan got drunk and ran over a family. THANKS JONATHAN!! 

The best and funniest explanation why restricting rights is not evil. Love Jim Jeffries 

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I don’t support much more than background checks and red flags laws, but that’s a dumbass argument. We literally built a permanent new domestic surveillance state and started two wars of convenience that have not ended yet because 19 people killed 3000 people 18 years ago.

Yeah. Those were awesome ideas. 

wait, an active shooter at a vigil for a victim of that same active shooter event?  

I'm embarrassed about gun violence in this country, but that's just fucked up beyond belief.  That's beyond the pale of the gun control debate.  Particularly since 750 witnesses and police on the scene can't even name the suspect, and here are his minions carrying out more violence at a peaceful vigil.  Sorry to say, this goes beyond guns.  This is some other kind of embedded evil in the core of some people that need to burn to death while they're still on Earth.  We can get back to the gun conversation after these people are found and flayed.  

On 10/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

I don’t support much more than background checks and red flags laws

Sign me up, I’m not some Wayne LaPierre worshiper.   The red flag laws (when recently exercised) seemed to work wonderfully to target several sick fuckers, likely saving lives.    

• 3 weeks later...

Good news if your kids are in Round Rock ISD?

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/more-than-5000-rrisd-classrooms-to-receive-stop-the-bleed-trauma-kits/

Schools in the Round Rock Independent School District will receive thousands of new medical kits Friday to help faculty and staff better respond to trauma in the classroom.

New “Stop the Bleed” kits will be distributed to over 5,000 classrooms in the district. Additionally, numerous RRISD staff members have participated in “Stop the Bleed” training. The district is set to begin an initiative to have all teachers take the training.

The bleeding control stations must be stored in easily accessible areas of the campus and security planning protocols must also include their use. Students in grade seven and higher will also receive training every year on how to use a bleeding control station.  

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Reading from another message board and the Fresno Bee that neighborhood has had several shootings. The victims were all Asian males and it was inferred that this was a retribution shooting for an earlier shooting at a different location.

All around fucked up deal.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, Biff Tannen said:

I'm glad I don't have kids.  What a horrible way to live.

My kids school had to be locked down last month because one of the students brought a loaded gun to school.  Didn't shoot anyone, showed it to another student and he immediately went and told someone.  This was after lunch.

I can't tell you the fear and scenarios that run through your head finding out some unhinged kid had been walking around all day with a loaded weapon in his backpack.

15 minutes ago, SameSame said:

My kids school had to be locked down last month because one of the students brought a loaded gun to school.  Didn't shoot anyone, showed it to another student and he immediately went and told someone.  This was after lunch.

I can't tell you the fear and scenarios that run through your head finding out some unhinged kid had been walking around all day with a loaded weapon in his backpack.

Did they charge the parents? 

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread