Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If he live streamed it, I’m surprised a manifesto hasn’t surfaced yet.  Most of these monsters have something to say if they’re going to make such a public display of it. 

I’ll be surprised if we see a manifesto in this case.  It didn’t seem thought out or carefully planned.  The shooter said something about how he was gonna be the Westgate 2020 Shooter, and mumbled some generic statement about getting back at society.  I only saw about a 30-second video clip, but it really felt like he was just doing it for attention and social media clout, which is why I didn’t post the link to the video Twitter.

Edited by Foggy Notion

Re: Naval Air Station CC

From Facebook so I’m not certain of its accuracy:

"According to the FBI, the incredible acts of heroism by the NASCC Military Policewoman guarding entrance to the base, saved many lives yesterday. The active duty U.S. Navy military police woman at the Ocean Drive gate has probably checked thousands of IDs and allowed access to thousands of authorized people at NAS Corpus Christi.

But yesterday morning, at barely the first light of day, a terrorist tried to get past her. That terrorist, Adam Salem Alsahli (a Syrian born U.S. citizen), picked the wrong gate guard to try to get past. He must’ve thought that all he would have to do is lift the pistol off of his lap, point it at the gate guard (while she looked him in the face) shoot her point blank in the chest and then be able to drive on to the base and use his assault rifle and shotgun to kill as many people as he could.

He sure was wrong!

She took the bullet dead center in her chest, but that happens to be the area of the bullet resistant Kevlar vest, which has a steel, ceramic-coated plate over center mass to protect the heart and vital organs.

Yes, no doubt the impact knocked her down to the floor, but she got right back up and hit the emergency button that activated a very strong pop up barricade, which stopped and disabled the terrorist’s vehicle. Then, as he was getting his assault rifle out of his car, she shot him to death.

He was connected to Jihadists groups in the Middle East and May have acted yesterday, in response to the FBI’s announcement on Monday in regard to the terrorist attack back some months ago at NAS Pensacola, which like NASCC, is a major training base for military pilots.

FBI credits the NAS MP, who stopped the Terrorist from mass murder on Naval Air Station CC. For her heroic, life saving actions, that U.S. Navy Military Policewoman should get not only the Purple Heart, but also the highest military accommodation that can be applied to this case of domestic terrorism."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My 14-year old and I were pulling into the parking garage off Noel and stumbled right into the fleeing masses. I’ve never seen anything like it. We knew exactly what it was without having to guess or ask. Haven’t heard who, why, or how many yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Lechuza said:

Mass shooting last night in Chicago and haven't seen any mention of it on this board, and it's buried deep on CNN.com.  Shocking....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/15-injured-shooting-south-side-chicago-funeral-home/

That’s completely fucked up, but considering everything that’s going on and that there were no immediate deaths in the shooting, it’s not shocking at all.

You need deaths for the headlines, that’s the unfortunate reality we live in. 

Wasn't shooting up a funeral one of the prohibited acts from the rules of the game expressed by Omar or Prop-Joe?  

This is exactly the kinda shit that Trump is gonna use to justify sending DHS troops into Chicago.  

I vehemently disagree with the Portland police action, and think it'll be a historical embarrassment.  But at least they tried to couch it as "protecting federal buildings and employees."  It's bullshit, but there's at least a legal gymnastics attempt there.  Sending troops to Chicago because of a mass shooting?  First of all, the murders are already covered by Illinois law.  They can bring in sheriffs and state police if needed.  Second, there's no federal property or federal employees at risk there.  Third, if mass shootings trigger a federal response...why didn't Trump chime in after El Paso or Midland-Odessa or Dayton or Virginia Beach or Las Vegas?  Why no federal troops to those hot spots, Mr. President?  Saint Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, and San Juan have higher murder rates than Chicago goes, why no federal troops to Missouri, Michigan, Maryland, or Puerto Rico?  

Crack babies and wilding teens. Trump is dusting off his playbook from the 80's. Doesn't he have an added motive: Obama? This will be retribution on the city for Obama.

Man, I hate this whole turning on the cities. Every place I've ever lived or visited has its issues, but they have also had wonderful Americans living and being and doing amazing and ordinary things. Living their lives. Chicago is one of those places.

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wasn't shooting up a funeral one of the prohibited acts from the rules of the game expressed by Omar or Prop-Joe?  

This is exactly the kinda shit that Trump is gonna use to justify sending DHS troops into Chicago.  

I vehemently disagree with the Portland police action, and think it'll be a historical embarrassment.  But at least they tried to couch it as "protecting federal buildings and employees."  It's bullshit, but there's at least a legal gymnastics attempt there.  Sending troops to Chicago because of a mass shooting?  First of all, the murders are already covered by Illinois law.  They can bring in sheriffs and state police if needed.  Second, there's no federal property or federal employees at risk there.  Third, if mass shootings trigger a federal response...why didn't Trump chime in after El Paso or Midland-Odessa or Dayton or Virginia Beach or Las Vegas?  Why no federal troops to those hot spots, Mr. President?  Saint Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, and San Juan have higher murder rates than Chicago goes, why no federal troops to Missouri, Michigan, Maryland, or Puerto Rico?  

No, it was no hits on Sunday. They went after Omar when he was taking his mom to church. They replaced her hat as penance. 

42 minutes ago, Lechuza said:

Mass shooting last night in Chicago and haven't seen any mention of it on this board, and it's buried deep on CNN.com.  Shocking....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/15-injured-shooting-south-side-chicago-funeral-home/

It was a gangland targeted retaliatory shooting. One in which the funeral participants were also armed, expected it to happen, and returned fire.  Innocents can be hit, but it is not the same as a random mass shooting where someone shoots up a mall. I am not even sure a targeted drive-by shooting has ever been classified as a mass shooting even though bystanders do get caught in them.

As long as "don't start no shit, won't be no shit" applies, people don't get very concerned and coverage is minimal.  A random shooter breaks this rule since none of the targets started shit or were involved in shit with the shooter. Police shootings also get more coverage because they are state actors. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No, it was no hits on Sunday. They went after Omar when he was taking his mom to church. They replaced her hat as penance. 

So you’re saying it’s not all in the game then?

• 3 months later...

I am always sick to my stomach when this thread is bumped up. 

Multiple people were injured in a shooting at the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, on Friday, the local mayor said.

None of the victims' injuries appear to be life-threatening and they are being taken to the hospital, Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride told ABC News.

The perpetrator is "at large," the mayor said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-injured-active-shooter-incident-wisconsins-mayfair-mall/story?id=74325556

Wisconsin is hell bent on getting things back to normal in 2020.

Question about 2020 law enforcement - am I correct that we let this guy go as long as he's just shooting people 65+ / others that look like they're not long for this world?  Is that how we do this now?

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Just checked the Milwaukee feed and so far no medical examiner has been requested, so no fatalities on site if I understood correctly.

Well, of course there aren't.  The hospital is going to report them all as COVID deaths to get all that sweet COVID money.   Duh, wake up, sheeple!

8 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Wisconsin is hell bent on getting things back to normal in 2020.

Question about 2020 law enforcement - am I correct that we let this guy go as long as he's just shooting people 65+ / others that look like they're not long for this world?  Is that how we do this now?

only if tracking them down and bringing them to justice would stress the economy too much.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Someone who didn't get a happy ending? or psychotic Trump supporter (pardon the redundancy) seeking revenge for the Jyna flu and Jyna getting Biden elected?

or he’s angry immigrants are stealing his job   

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread