Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Yeah, and one of the Twitter images (partial) says something about "it's been a rough year, I'm now unemployed," that sort of thing.
America....we radicalizing ERRRBODY up in here!

Yup. That’s what’s so dangerous. They’re are disturbed people that believe in all kinds of stuff.

And radicalization breeds radicalization. Each pocket of radicalized nutters observes the actions of other radicalized nutters and copy “successful” tactics.

It’s a dangerous mess.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Yup. That’s what’s so dangerous. They’re are disturbed people that believe in all kinds of stuff.

And radicalization breeds radicalization. Each pocket of radicalized nutters observes the actions of other radicalized nutters and copy “successful” tactics.

It’s a dangerous mess.

Well maybe we'll just all kill each other and the world will be better off.

15 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

A Farrakhan follower? I don’t know much about Muslim eschatology. I’m guessing he’s a Muslim Q type.

Farraqan the revelator.

The Nation of Islam isn’t really Muslim, although they have adopted some Islamic vocabulary. A lot of their beliefs are extremely heterodox or even completely heretical, like the idea that Elijah Muhammad was a prophet. A basic tenet of Islam is that Muhammad was the last and perfect prophet. 

What it IS is an SLPC, ADL designated hate group. A deadly attack on capitol law enforcement by a self-radicalized hate group member seems like it should be a pretty big deal. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The last ~page was the slow, real time realization that this wasn't a right wing shooter as many were inclined to assume, but apparently, a car ramming islamist. The takeaway is: well at least he didn't have a gun? It appears an individual irrationally killed and all we could do was react to end the threat. I'm thankful those police were armed.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, B00M said:

The last ~page was the slow, real time realization that this wasn't a right wing shooter as many were inclined to assume, but apparently, a car ramming islamist. The takeaway is: well at least he didn't have a gun? It appears an individual irrationally killed and all we could do was react to end the threat. I'm thankful those police were armed.

What reaction do you think would have been better?  The Capitol and the people inside were violently assaulted less than 3 months ago by right wing psychopaths.  I think the jump to conclusions mat of "hey, this might be right wing psychopaths again," is pretty warranted.  My takeaway is: fuck, we have too many crazy people in this country.  And yes, I'm glad he didn't have a gun.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post.

I wish we would have reacted to end the threat on January 6th.  People might have learned something.

Edited by Biff Tannen
threat
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

What it IS is an SLPC, ADL designated hate group. A deadly attack on capitol law enforcement by a self-radicalized hate group member seems like it should be a pretty big deal. 

This. But it won't be. It doesn't benefit the media's agenda. Facebook has already scrubbed anything related to this guy. You think that happens if he was a white republican? 

1 hour ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

This. But it won't be. It doesn't benefit the media's agenda. Facebook has already scrubbed anything related to this guy. You think that happens if he was a white republican? 

Your contention is that Facebook is going after white republicans?

38 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Your contention is that Facebook is going after white republicans?

IMO if this guy had been white and or republican, Facebook doesn't scrub it near as quick, if at all.  And the mainstream media will downplay the 

Farrakhan connection because it doesn't fit their "woke" agenda. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

IMO if this guy had been white and or republican, Facebook doesn't scrub it near as quick, if at all.  And the mainstream media will downplay the 

Duly noted. 

12 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

i just searched "Farrakhan" in facebook.  they are a million mentions of this guy and a ton of article.  not a very effective scrubbing

3 hours ago, B00M said:

This dude wasn’t an Islamist if he really was following Farrakhan and the NOI.  He want trying to fight for a worldwide caliphate, or establish the Sharia, or overthrow the house of Saud, or strike a blow against the house of war. That’s not the NOI. The NOI and and Farrakhan have a very idiosyncratic theology and it’s seriously debatable whether they can even be called Muslims at all. Malcom X came up in the NOI, then went on the hajj and converted to actual, Sunni Islam. 

I am sure that gallons of digital ink will be spilled picking apart this guys motives, I’ll be incredibly surprised if he turns out to be an Islamist in any sense of the word. 

• Hook 'Em 1

News showed screenshoots of FB posts where he said the past year was rough. Mentioned mind control, food poisonings, and the FBI/CIA out to get him

classic Paranoid Schizophrenia signs there. 

I don’t know his age, but if he’s in his late teens or early 20s, that also speaks to mental illness as many times that is when mental illness first presents 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

News showed screenshoots of FB posts where he said the past year was rough. Mentioned mind control, food poisonings, and the FBI/CIA out to get him

classic Paranoid Schizophrenia GQP signs there. 

fify

On 4/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

i just searched "Farrakhan" in facebook.  they are a million mentions of this guy and a ton of article.  not a very effective scrubbing

Farrakhan was the boogeyman before Antifa was a twinkle in George Soros’ eye. A black menace selling bean cakes. I saw him speak on campus back in the day. Most objectionable part that night was the bow tie. As far as I know, he wasn’t with Jenna on Jan 6 undermining our democracy, so he gets a Yawn! from Rocco.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

1 minute ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Farrakhan was the boogeyman before the word Antifa soaked the airwaves. A black menace selling bean cakes. I saw him speak on campus back in the day. Most objectionable part that night was the bow tie. As far as I know, he wasn’t with Jenna on Jan 6 undermining our democracy, so he gets a Yawn! from Rocco.

Yawn!

16 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Farrakhan was the boogeyman before Antifa was a twinkle in George Soros’ eye. A black menace selling bean cakes. I saw him speak on campus back in the day. Most objectionable part that night was the bow tie. As far as I know, he wasn’t with Jenna on Jan 6 undermining our democracy, so he gets a Yawn! from Rocco.

Bean PIES, motherfucker.. 

• Drool 1

On 4/3/2021 at 6:02 AM, B00M said:

• Nation of Islam ("NOI") is right wing (nationalism + racial superiority).
  • I have no idea if NOI influenced this murderer's crimes. 
  • NOI is not what is traditionally thought of as Islamist. That's a different hemisphere's issue.  NOI is homegrown alchemy.  
  • NOI stands alone in its own belief system based in Chicago. 
  • Hook 'Em 2

I guess this one fell between the cracks because:

• the shooters were only active long enough to kill themselves and their whole family
  • there were only six victims
  • only Muslims died, we didn't hear from the "religion of peace" mob

It says a lot about this country that such an odd and terrible case draws so little attention, especially when it happened reasonably near where probably at least 20 percent of Shaggy posters live. (Not picking on y'all; maybe this case wasn't that widely covered even in DFW.)

Six family members were found dead inside an Allen, Texas, home early Monday morning in what police say appears to be a murder-suicide by two sons.

Officers from the Allen Police Department were called to a residence on the 1500 block of Pine Bluff Drive around 1 a.m. for a welfare check when they found the bodies of six people, including a grandparent, two parents and three children, KXAS reported.

Allen police Sgt. Jon Felty told KRLD-AM that all six relatives were found dead with gunshot wounds.

"It looks like two teenage sons entered into an agreement that they were going to commit suicide and that they were going to take their family members with them," Felty said.

Felty added that the family, who police believe to have immigrated from Bangladesh, had no prior records of problems at home.

15 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I guess this one fell between the cracks because:

• the shooters were only active long enough to kill themselves and their whole family
  • there were only six victims
  • only Muslims died, we didn't hear from the "religion of peace" mob

It says a lot about this country that such an odd and terrible case draws so little attention, especially when it happened reasonably near where probably at least 20 percent of Shaggy posters live. (Not picking on y'all; maybe this case wasn't that widely covered even in DFW.)

It was covered pretty heavily on the local news here yesterday in DFW and is being treated as a family tragedy which it is. The main discussion I’ve seen from it is about whether tighter gun control laws could have prevented this tragedy by making it harder for the son to have obtained a gun while he was under medical/mental health treatment. I wouldn’t classify it as an active shooter situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Texas unanimously house passes “active shooter alert” bill. Seems a bit on the reactionary end of the ‘do something’ spectrum of options.

46 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What does it do? Send thoughts and prayers faster? 

Thoughts and prayers to the shooter or victims?

spacer.png

YEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWW!

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Covri said:

It was covered pretty heavily on the local news here yesterday in DFW and is being treated as a family tragedy which it is. The main discussion I’ve seen from it is about whether tighter gun control laws could have prevented this tragedy by making it harder for the son to have obtained a gun while he was under medical/mental health treatment. I wouldn’t classify it as an active shooter situation.

It's just sad things like this are so humdrum here. I've lived in other countries -- if twin youths from a middle class family wasted three generations of their own family, it would be national news for a week or two. This one seems to have made barely a ripple outside DFW. 

19 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's just sad things like this are so humdrum here. I've lived in other countries -- if twin youths from a middle class family wasted three generations of their own family, it would be national news for a week or two. This one seems to have made barely a ripple outside DFW. 

It is numbingly common and unbearably sad. Not too far north of Allen, two Oklahoma families, in separate incidents, were killed in murder-suicides. This year in late January/Early February. Seven dead in total.

In both these incidents a father killed his kids. Which horrifies me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tulsaworld.com/community/sandsprings/news/family-slain-in-sand-springs-double-murder-suicide-identified/article_fc0d2cc2-6be0-11eb-9d90-67307435739b.amp.html

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Honestly you’re correct and I only had the news on because of it. Well I only had the news on to find out why the helicopters were circling my house because it happened only a few blocks from me. At one point they were over my house looking right at me holding my phone up so my kid would see them on FaceTime over our house. Wish the reason turned out to be different.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pasken said:

6 people shot. 

Meanwhile,

Fellow gun owners, just some words of advice that I really wish more folks would take to heart.

The more that the banner of "gun rights" is waved by the fucking lunatic fringe, the more that "gun rights" will be seen as a lunatic fringe issue.

We've let something important become functionally the sole property of some really fucking loathsome lunatics - they are the dominant voice, to the point of effectively being the ONLY voice.  That is going to bite us in the ass.  And I don't mean in the fun, Alabama Secretary of State getting freaky with his mistress kinda way.

• Hook 'Em 2

The Associated Press reports former NFL player Phillip Adams killed five people, including a prominent doctor in South Carolina, and then himself early Thursday

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/crime/ap-source-former-patriots-player-phillip-adams-killed-5-people-then-himself-in-south-carolina/97-0c28d529-43b7-4aa3-a7f4-210366541c3f

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread