Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

At least the victims were in a condition to transport to the hospital and weren't pronounced at the scene. Probably a handgun and not an AR-15 style weapon.

Guy apparently went to his home in Iola (?), then shot a trooper who showed up to arrest:

https://f5s-img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/e5/db/e5db789fae5e1d765be455de2bbd73a26acf5fdc_357612_u37929.jpg

image.thumb.png.aed89e7b6a04eb67754837f4d7ddb681.png

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

6 people shot. 

Meanwhile,

The ocular lens end of that scope could recoil her in the nose/face after every single round in that magazine, and she's somehow end up more attractive than she is now.

That Tweet by Governor Abbott.  Holy shit..........man, I know this is all an optics game and he was just replying to Biden's press conference today.  But shit, that wasn't even a two-hour gap.  He was tweeting that while the shooter was loading his rounds in the parking lot.  That's just a shitty look all the way around, Governor.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

Iola is Grimes County.  Hits very close to home.  Passed several troopers headed south on 39 around 4.  That black and white doesn't look like it was riddled by a handgun.   

Probably was a handgun, I see 12 bullet hits.  Doesn’t matter though, a bullet is a bullet too many.  

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Last line of the article indicates they think it was gang related

That is notable because it means those others are the real problem while my identity of being a law-abiding citizen insulates me from any sort of firearm regulation 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

That is notable because it means those others are the real problem while my identity of being a law-abiding citizen insulates me from any sort of firearm regulation 

I'm only bringing it up because it was presented as "good guys with guns" by 4thand5

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Well, yeah. Finding it hard to muster a single fuck about gang bangers shooting each other. 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, yeah. Finding it hard to muster a single fuck about gang bangers shooting each other. 

Which is consistent with the common right-wing theme of giving zero fucks about anyone who doesn't match their identity. 

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Stray bullets hit a woman driving an unrelated vehicle and a man who was inside his house on the service road, police said.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

51 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

45 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Which is consistent with the common right-wing theme of giving zero fucks about anyone who doesn't match their identity. 

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Stray bullets hit a woman driving an unrelated vehicle and a man who was inside his house on the service road, police said.

Watching Hayduke’s observation be validated in real time was impressive 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

That’s terrible.  We obviously have a gang problem.  

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

giving zero fucks about anyone who doesn't match their identity. 

I give many fucks about plenty of people. Criminals are not one of those groups. They can go fuck themselves. 

26 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Ban em all. Fuck it.

At least you're a Democrat who'll actually say it. I don't see how to have this discussion, much less any legislation, when each side won't truly state their intentions. Please don't think I'm making a "both sides" argument. Rather, it's an indictment on the 2 party political system. 

On an unrelated note, I'm starting to think that it (sadly) may be time to rethink the definition of a "mass shooting." Reason being is that it sometimes isn't, or at least, not what we've known to be a "mass shooting." I realize it's merely semantics but does little for discourse amongst the hard core reds and blues. 

Take the incident before this post about the shooting(s) in FT Worth.  20 years ago, that would've never been reported as a mass shooting, and I'm still surprised it was if the gang retaliation/violence mo is true. Blue folks instantly scream "We've got another 1!!1!!!" Red folks immediately retort "They were criminals not law abiding citizens!!!1!!!" Meanwhile, again if what the article above says is true, this ONE single incident doesn't apply to the common talking points. So we just end up talking past each other and nothing gets done. Yes, innocent bystanders were involved and adds another heartbreaking element to the story (and I would argue the ages of the offenders and the circumstances of their upbringings warrant some sympathy, as well), but I believe placing this under the mass shooting category does more harm than good. 

School shootings, places of worship, the shooting in Las Vegas or shootings that result in multiple loss of life or injury, those should be the ones more heavily scrutinized and focused on. 

But that's just my independent (aka spineless for not taking sides) POV.

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

I have some idea of what it would take for the GOP to finally consider reasonable gun control.  Unfortunately posting such idea would result in me winding up on an FBI watch list so I'll leave it be.

Arm every black man and let them open carry their assault rifles on the streets?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, Lurch said:

The absolute least concern is calling it something more palatable.

23 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I think we should only define mass shootings as when the victims and shooters match my identity.  Thanks. 

Lol yep. You bet. 

28 minutes ago, Satchel said:

We’ve been desensitized to gun murder in this country. I don’t know how we get out souls back.

As Brisket said, we don't. But a decent attempt would be to stop allowing people who say that 20 six year olds were killed as part of a deep state plot to take away guns are elevated to god like status by 20% of the country. Just one small step.

Let’s go the other way with it. Every living, breathing human being is issued an AR-15 and a sidearm. I’m talking kids, babies, the infirm, everyone. And fuck it, let’s do dogs, cats, and the less deranged segments of America’s swan/goose population. 

im not saying this will help things, but at least it would be slightly more entertaining and absurdist. I could laugh my ass off right before my toddler ends my existence. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Let’s go the other way with it. Every living, breathing human being is issued an AR-15 and a sidearm. I’m talking kids, babies, the infirm, everyone. And fuck it, let’s do dogs, cats, and the less deranged segments of America’s swan/goose population. 

im not saying this will help things, but at least it would be slightly more entertaining and absurdist. I could laugh my ass off right before my toddler ends my existence. 

It would make it a lot easier for me to go shoot up your place of business and then just disappear into the crowd afterward. 

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I have some idea of what it would take for the GOP to finally consider reasonable gun control.  Unfortunately posting such idea would result in me winding up on an FBI watch list so I'll leave it be.

You could have every black man open carry, you could have Muslims going into Christian schools and gunning down students left and right, and the GOP would say "SEE, THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD OPEN CARRY EVERYWHERE AND MAKE IT EASIER TO GET GUNS!"

There's a reason why Republican politicians don't like red flag laws - it might catch up to more than a few of their constituents. 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You could have every black man open carry, you could have Muslims going into Christian schools and gunning down students left and right, and the GOP would say "SEE, THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD OPEN CARRY EVERYWHERE AND MAKE IT EASIER TO GET GUNS!"

There's a reason why Republican politicians don't like red flag laws - it might catch up to more than a few of their constituents. 

That’s not my idea.  

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread