Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Being that we’re raising 1) utter pieces of shit, 2) giving them badges, and 3) making them AMERICAN HEROES BACK THE BLUE!.....I’m spotting a flaw in your plan.

yeah, and then there's  the citizens who have zero interest in acting responsibly towards others.

sssshhhhhhhhhhhh.  We don't talk about that.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

They have tried. Crooks don’t seem to be too enthused/ concerned about the restrictions either.

How bout we raise better citizens?  Nah…where’s the political capital in that?

I agree.  Let’s start with piece of shit white kids.  Bunch of little cunts being raised by racist old cunts.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Only one of those groups is in my employ, and worshipped as heroes.....shhhhh.

weird tangent in the thread.  I'm on board for higher levels of accountability for LE, especially with regard to leadership.  pretty sure you know this, as we have discussed multiple times.

Edited by slorch

weird tangent in the thread.  I'm on board for higher levels of accountability for LE, especially with regard to leadership.  pretty sure you know this, as we have discussed multiple times.

The common thread is the fetishization. Guns, men in uniform: they are all placed on an altar, above any other basic human value, and actually at their expense.
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, slorch said:

They have tried. Crooks don’t seem to be too enthused/ concerned about the restrictions either.

When have we tried to implement sensible gun regulations, other than our temporary ban on military style weapons in the 90’s?

Let’s try to raise better citizens? Are you being serious? 

This is the issue with one side of the political spectrum. They say things like that. It’s simple. I agree. Who wouldn’t agree? Don’t break the law. Raise better people who don’t break the law. Breaking the law is bad. Problem solved. It’s a simple, black and white solution. Why wouldn’t anyone agree with it? I agree. I fucking wish it was that simple. 

That answer is for simple people who don’t want to face reality, or more likely, give up their toys. 

It ignores the reality of humanity proven through six thousand years of war, murder, betrayal, deception, mental illness, bigotry, hate, fraud. Your idea is to fix humanities penchant for violence, even though no civilization has ever done it, rather than restrict the one tool that is a death multiplier 

It is irrational, and frankly stupid. I know I’m not supposed to use disparaging words because it doesn’t engender understanding and cooperation, but to be completely honest, I’m exhausted with having to share the same plane of existence. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/5/2021 at 7:41 AM, slorch said:

So we should all just “be better.”

Got it. 

Personally I think the only people who should be allowed to have guns or ammo should be law abiding citizens who have no intention of shooting up a mall or office or whatever. 

And then we should make it illegal for people who aren’t gonna abide by that principle. 

I mean how hard is that? 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Personally I think the only people who should be allowed to have guns or ammo should be law abiding citizens who have no intention of shooting up a mall or office or whatever. 

And then we should make it illegal for people who aren’t gonna abide by that principle. 

I mean how hard is that? 

Shouldn't be.  Hundreds of millions across the US who've never committed a violent crime, much less with a firearm.  Labeling every gang event a "mass shooting" doesn't really do anything to embolden the anti-gun argument, imo.  Sure you can say "we've gone up eleventybillion percent in mass shootings this year" but then people see where it is happening and pretty quickly obtain a fuck deficit.  

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I mean how hard is that? 

image.gif.e69b14b314f0094680643989f549782d.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Shouldn't be.  Hundreds of millions across the US who've never committed a violent crime, much less with a firearm.  Labeling every gang event a "mass shooting" doesn't really do anything to embolden the anti-gun argument, imo.  Sure you can say "we've gone up eleventybillion percent in mass shootings this year" but then people see where it is happening and pretty quickly obtain a fuck deficit.  

I guess you didn’t get that my post wasn’t serious. 

It is difficult but it requires rationale thinking about laws to pass which most every other first world country can do except ours because one of our political parties is filled to the brim with a bunch of mouthbreathing morons spittling “muh guns” and “muh freedoms.” 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

I guess you didn’t get that my post wasn’t serious. 

It is difficult but it requires rationale thinking about laws to past which most every other first world country can do except ours because one of our political parties is filled to the brim with a bunch of mouthbreathing morons spittling “muh guns” and “muh freedoms.” 

Oh, I'm certain I understand your stance on the matter.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Gang shooting don’t count as mass shootings because...?

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Gang shooting don’t count as mass shootings because...?

They can, and do.   So basically if you live outside of 5-6 US cities, or even parts of those cities, your worry about "mass shooting" should be lower than being struck by lightning while cashing in your winning powerball. 

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

“Those” kinds of people are not worthy of his T&Ps

LOL.  Fuck anyone willing to use firearms to violently attack someone.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Thoughts and prayers don’t go to the shooters you fucking moron.

No shit? You said my T&P don't go to "Those people" when referencing an article about a shooting between two vehicles at a party?   Who tf are you referencing?

On 6/5/2021 at 12:52 AM, UpperWestside said:

I have echoed similar sentiments as have many others in here. It is sad that a gun has more value to millions of our fellow citizens than the life of a human being.

Well, human beings that can breathe on their own, anyway. 

26 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Conservativism is nothing but platitudes and excuses. Concrete solutions and policy? Nah, fuck that,

As best I can tell it is now just a list of “back in the good old days” grievances. Those days were in no way good for millions of people who lived through that time that were a darker skin tone than the people that wielded political power over them. Looking back just through my lifetime the only thing that has been true of conservatism is to conserve political and societal power for the dwindling white majority because once it is gone they are not getting it back. For that group that is a scary proposition to have to have the shoe on the other foot.

Edited by UpperWestside

On 6/4/2021 at 9:04 PM, Bama Chick said:

He shot her dead SIXTEEN DAYS after they gave him his guns back.

He has a right to those guns! His wife was a tyrant! He preserved democracy in his house. 

Goddamn hero is what he is.

White men. Jeez.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

They can, and do.   So basically if you live outside of 5-6 US cities, or even parts of those cities, your worry about "mass shooting" should be lower than being struck by lightning while cashing in your winning powerball. 

LOL.  Fuck anyone willing to use firearms to violently attack someone.

Just 5-6 cities. image.png.559a75dee700bed6c4bc01bd43527ec0.png

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Can we all guess those “5 or 6 cities”?

I’ll take a stab.

Chicago
Baltimore
Detroit
DC
Atlanta
Los Angeles

Well I was going to sub Houston for LA but yeah, most of your list have some pretty serious issues with murder, and crime in general.  I’d wager the vast majority isn’t being committed by people who own guns to protect their home and/or use for sport.  

As best I can tell it is now just a list of “back in the good old days” grievances. Those days were in no way good for millions of people who lived through that time that were a darker skin tone than the people that wielded political power over them. Looking back just through my lifetime the only thing that has been true of conservatism is to conserve political and societal power for the dwindling white majority because once it is gone they are not getting it back. For that group that is a scary proposition to have to have the shoe on the other foot.
Grievance signaling is how one lets other conservatives know that one is conservative.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Just 5-6 cities. image.png.559a75dee700bed6c4bc01bd43527ec0.png

Amarillo?  Really?   It was so horrific, nobody even knows about it.

I mean there was a gun show on June 5-6...so stands to reason some of those guns just started killing people.

oh wait, here's an article from January... but still nothing about 'mass shootings.'

Personal conflict is a common reason for murders in the United States, but what about here in Amarillo?

"Just in the ones I have read this year, we have had quite a few family violence related. The other thing that has stood out to me is exes. There might be a man or a woman that are fighting, which is strange, and then drugs can be a part of it or in retaliation. We have had those happen before," Burr said.

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/a-bloody-start-to-the-year-5-homicides-in-january-in-amarillo

Edited by slorch

Oh...maybe this is it.  I bet you can't guess the demographics of the people involved.  Just good people doing the Lord's work in a known rough area of town at 1:55AM.

AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) — Amarillo Police Department has arrested a suspect after a man was killed and three other people were hurt during a shooting early on New Year's Day.

According to a Monday Facebook post, police were called to the Hamlet Shopping Center along Dumas Drive around 1:55 a.m.

While on their way, police were told that there were multiple victims in a shooting in the area.

Four of those victims, including 29-year-old Orlando Kilgore, were taken to the hospital.

Kilgore was declared dead after arriving.

Later Friday, courts issued a warrant for 28-year-old Dustin Scott Harrison.

He was arrested while driving up to his home later that day and booked into the Potter County Jail.

15 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

No shit? You said my T&P don't go to "Those people" when referencing an article about a shooting between two vehicles at a party?   Who tf are you referencing?

Three people died.  Two of those were in one of the vehicles so the third victim would be a good choice most likely.  But with a name like Tyleisha we know why you skipped the T&Ps.

12 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

But with a name like Tyleisha we know why you skipped the T&Ps.

Oh this is one of those times where you don’t actually have a valid argument for your feels, so screaming Racist! is your move.  Gotcha. Carry on. 

Edited by fattyflattie

13 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well I was going to sub Houston for LA but yeah, most of your list have some pretty serious issues with murder, and crime in general.  I’d wager the vast majority isn’t being committed by people who own guns to protect their home and/or use for sport.  

Why would you suspect the most populous cities in the US have the biggest issues with gun crime? 

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Why would you suspect the most populous cities in the US have the biggest issues with gun crime? 

Speaking specifically to US, as there are obviously large population centers across the world. More density, stress, culture, etc.  More people equals more target rich environment for violent crime.  At first I thought maybe inequality gap as well, but I think it’s potentially more pronounced in rural areas where you gave BIG landowners then everyone else.  

On 6/7/2021 at 6:12 AM, fattyflattie said:

Speaking specifically to US, as there are obviously large population centers across the world. More density, stress, culture, etc.  More people equals more target rich environment for violent crime.  At first I thought maybe inequality gap as well, but I think it’s potentially more pronounced in rural areas where you gave BIG landowners then everyone else.  

people in small towns still go to the grocery store or the club or some school to discharge their weapons, but there's far fewer targets.

On 6/5/2021 at 1:49 PM, Neonmoon said:

Let’s try to raise better citizens? Are you being serious? 

This is the issue with one side of the political spectrum. They say things like that. It’s simple. I agree. Who wouldn’t agree? Don’t break the law. Raise better people who don’t break the law. Breaking the law is bad. Problem solved. It’s a simple, black and white solution. Why wouldn’t anyone agree with it? I agree. I fucking wish it was that simple. 

That answer is for simple people who don’t want to face reality, or more likely, give up their toys. 

It ignores the reality of humanity proven through six thousand years of war, murder, betrayal, deception, mental illness, bigotry, hate, fraud. Your idea is to fix humanities penchant for violence, even though no civilization has ever done it, rather than restrict the one tool that is a death multiplier 

It is irrational, and frankly stupid. I know I’m not supposed to use disparaging words because it doesn’t engender understanding and cooperation, but to be completely honest, I’m exhausted with having to share the same plane of existence. 

Yeah this is the right's equivalent of how some super feminists will say that the best and only way to fight against rape on college campuses is for men to STOP RAPING WOMEN as if it's some kind of end-all mic drop argument. (Always all caps.) Yeah, that would be great. I am all for it. I've been anti-rape for a really long time, but that is the definition of howling into a void, the same as "RAISE BETTER CITIZENS" is.

On 6/6/2021 at 1:48 PM, JimmyJames said:

I mean how hard is that? 

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread