Gun Control or some other bullshit

fattyflattie

22 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Rittenhouse didn’t get 2 million for doing nothing.

You could finish my quote - “Doing nothing but being a piece of shit”.  I’ll maintain Rittenhouse didn’t do much but be and continue to be a piece of shit. That’s his contribution. Nothing more than being a pos. 

On 6/12/2021 at 5:06 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

So it's a 30 - 45 year old loner white guy.  Anyone know if that Justin Smith (or whatever his last name is) psycho made his way back from Denver?

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Crew cut white guy. Never would have guessed that. 

0-2

• Hook 'Em 1

Americans idolize guns.  

In case you missed this one (there are so many, it’s hard to keep). Arizona shooter driving around town shooting at people willy nilly. He killed a 56 year old man who died while driving his car into a concrete ravine:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/least-9-injured-series-drive-shootings-arizona-suspect-custody-n1271259

• Rage+1 1

On 6/15/2021 at 12:48 PM, fattyflattie said:

You could finish my quote - “Doing nothing but being a piece of shit”.  I’ll maintain Rittenhouse didn’t do much but be and continue to be a piece of shit. That’s his contribution. Nothing more than being a pos. 

What’s True — and False — About the Victims’ Criminal Histories

The viral claims alleging unlawful behavior by Huber, Rosenbaum, and Grosskreutz before the Kenosha shooting were a mixture of truth and falsehoods.

For example, yes, at age 19, Rosenbaum was sentenced to prison for sexually abusing five children — all boys between the ages of 9 and 11 — in Arizona’s Pima County in early 2002, according to his case file obtained via a public records request by Snopes.

Next, we analyzed criminal records involving Huber, and determined it also accurate to state he was charged with domestic abuse. We uncovered a Kenosha County criminal complaint that outlined his first serious run-in with law enforcement, in December 2012. And per that complaint, Huber, who was 18 years old at the time, threatened his brother and grandmother at their home with a knife, choked the brother, 

He killed these pieces of shit, so not a bad trade off.

55 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Americans idolize guns.  

In case you missed this one (there are so many, it’s hard to keep). Arizona shooter driving around town shooting at people willy nilly. He killed a 56 year old man who died while driving his car into a concrete ravine:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/least-9-injured-series-drive-shootings-arizona-suspect-custody-n1271259

Another mass shooting. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/crime/2021/6/16/22536374/shooting-roundup-tuesday-june-15-chicago?__twitter_impression=true

Americans idolize guns.  

“Peoria police said 19-year-old Ashin Tricarico of the town of Surprise was booked Friday morning on suspicion of murder, aggravated assault, drive-by shooting and endangerment.”

Surprise!

38 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is in the Bronx, and NYC has some strict gun laws. Chances are, the guy shooting is doing so illegally.

Signed, someone that hates guns and won't step foot in Texas until the indicoy that is constitutional carry stops, but also understands that the NYPD has been hampered.

My point still stands. Americans like guns. That is the only reason they are still legal. It doesn't matter that NYPD has strict gun laws. Most gun crimes aren't committed by gun fanatics. They are responsible. They just collect guns and go to the ranch and shoot some birds or deer, or whatever. 

My point is they are the reason why we can't have reasonable gun regulations. Americans like guns. They're not giving them up. They won't vote or support any restrictions, well not enough to matter at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, availability to guns and mental illness is an issue in many cities, races, communities and classes. That's why something should be done about it. Allowing easier availability to the gun is not the solution. Thanks for highlighting how pervasive the problem is in our country. 

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

My point still stands. Americans like guns. That is the only reason they are still legal. It doesn't matter that NYPD has strict gun laws. Most gun crimes aren't committed by gun fanatics. They are responsible. They just collect guns and go to the ranch and shoot some birds or deer, or whatever. 

My point is they are the reason why we can't have reasonable gun regulations. Americans like guns. They're not giving them up. They won't vote or support any restrictions, well not enough to matter at this point. 

In what way does that make sense to anybody?

The majority of Americans clearly are not all the enamored with guns:

Editor's Note: This article was updated Nov. 13, 2020, with Gallup's latest data on Americans' gun ownership.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Thirty-two percent of U.S. adults say they personally own a gun, while a larger percentage, 44%, report living in a gun household. Adults living in gun households include those with a gun in their home or anywhere on their property.

Gallup has tracked both metrics of gun ownership annually since 2007, showing no clear increase or decrease in gun ownership over that time...

...See Gallup's Guns "Topics A to Z" page for the full trend on gun ownership since 1959.

The latest results are from Gallup's annual Crime poll, conducted Sept. 30-Oct. 15, 2020. As is typical, the rate of personal gun ownership varies most by political party and ideology, gender, race/ethnicity, region and urbanicity, with smaller differences seen by household income and marital status.

• Republicans (50%), rural residents (48%), men (45%), self-identified conservatives (45%) and Southerners (40%) are the most likely subgroups to say they personally own a gun.
  • Liberals (15%), Democrats (18%), non-White Americans (18%), women (19%) and Eastern residents (21%) are the least likely to report personal gun ownership

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

The majority of Americans clearly are not all the enamored with guns:

Editor's Note: This article was updated Nov. 13, 2020, with Gallup's latest data on Americans' gun ownership.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Thirty-two percent of U.S. adults say they personally own a gun, while a larger percentage, 44%, report living in a gun household. Adults living in gun households include those with a gun in their home or anywhere on their property.

Gallup has tracked both metrics of gun ownership annually since 2007, showing no clear increase or decrease in gun ownership over that time...

...See Gallup's Guns "Topics A to Z" page for the full trend on gun ownership since 1959.

The latest results are from Gallup's annual Crime poll, conducted Sept. 30-Oct. 15, 2020. As is typical, the rate of personal gun ownership varies most by political party and ideology, gender, race/ethnicity, region and urbanicity, with smaller differences seen by household income and marital status.

• Republicans (50%), rural residents (48%), men (45%), self-identified conservatives (45%) and Southerners (40%) are the most likely subgroups to say they personally own a gun.
  • Liberals (15%), Democrats (18%), non-White Americans (18%), women (19%) and Eastern residents (21%) are the least likely to report personal gun ownership

So I guess it would be more accurate to say that although a minority of people in America own (or admit to own) guns, the politicians in America feel beholden to this minority and refuse to do anything to even attempt to address the obvious gun violence problem we have. 

Seems like that might be a problem. 

On 6/18/2021 at 6:55 PM, Neonmoon said:

My point is they are the reason why we can't have reasonable gun regulations. Americans like guns. They're not giving them up

Yeah, no we're not.  And trying to sprinkle words like "common sense" and "reasonable" don't hide the fact that you want to ban them, register them, and restrict them.  Fine.  I accept your position, but don't try to obfuscate your point that you want registrations and confiscations.  

• Hook 'Em 2

According to the Gallup poll in 2020, 32% own guns, 44% live in a household with guns, yet 57% say they want stricter guns laws. I'm assuming many of the people that own guns still vote R even if they are for stricture gun laws, and then the NRA and Pew Pew lobby groups make sure any elected official thinking of sensible gun legislation get a talking to. 

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

so the minority is calling the shots?  that doesn’t sound right. 

I'd argue about the "minority" part.  For one, while I accept the limitations of voluntary admission surveys, EVERY gun owner I know will NEVER respond to those accurately.  Guns?  What guns?  No guns here?

The running joke of guns and boating accidents has been around for quite a while.  You obviously can't prove who's responding truthfully, but I can tell you from a life of being around guns and dozens if not hundreds of owners, nobody responds to those surveys that I have ever met (and the topic comes up all the time).....so my position is the ownership percentages are much, much higher.  You're talking about 400+ million guns, and more than 8 trillions rounds of ammunition currently in circulation.  

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

According to the Gallup poll in 2020, 32% own guns, 44% live in a household with guns, yet 57% say they want stricter guns laws. I'm assuming many of the people that own guns still vote R even if they are for stricture gun laws, and then the NRA and Pew Pew lobby groups make sure any elected official thinking of sensible gun legislation get a talking to. 

The problem with these polls is the initial questions are low hanging fruit that "seem reasonable" - better laws?  Sure, why not......then the specifics come out, and support craters.  Been going on for decades now.  

Yeah, availability to guns and mental illness is an issue in many cities, races, communities and classes. That's why something should be done about it. Allowing easier availability to the gun is not the solution. Thanks for highlighting how pervasive the problem is in our country. 

We are sending thoughts and prayers, what else do you expect us to do?

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yeah, no we're not.  And trying to sprinkle words like "common sense" and "reasonable" don't hide the fact that you want to ban them, register them, and restrict them.  Fine.  I accept your position, but don't try to obfuscate your point that you want registrations and confiscations.  

That's fine. But also know that we see through "to protect my family" and "to keep an overreaching government at bay" for what they really are: "Guns are cool. I like having lots of guns." (Which is perfectly fine, by the way.)

I want everyone who can pass a thorough background check and prove safe and secure methods of storage to be able to own as many guns as their hearts' content. Everyone else can fuck right off.

• Hook 'Em 5

The problem with these polls is the initial questions are low hanging fruit that "seem reasonable" - better laws?  Sure, why not......then the specifics come out, and support craters.  Been going on for decades now.  

We need to make gun ownership easier. Like door delivery from drones.

17 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Let me get this straight. You think I'm using words like "common sense" and "reasonable" to obfuscate my desire to restrict guns? I think I've been pretty open about my desire to restrict access to guns. I use the terms "common sense" and "reasonable" because only a fucking moron would think that restricting access to a deadly weapon is unreasonable in a civil society. Signed, the entire world that restricts access to guns and has lower gun related deaths

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Register them - 100% common sense on that one

Restrict them - sorry your tiny pee pee and impotence means you think you need to own dozens of guns and carry all times because the world is so scary in your eyes

Ban them - the ones that seem to always end up being used to commit mass shootings, yes, fucking ban those.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

This fucking guy was at the bar at Mia’s last night. 

5FB07588-3D02-46C7-9CC2-BA3FD1391B79.jpeg

He’s a threat to your personal safety. It should be legal for you to put a bullet through his brain before he can do the same to you. Just like with cops, the most important thing is that you go home alive at the end of the day. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Register them - 100% common sense on that one

Restrict them - sorry your tiny pee pee and impotence means you think you need to own dozens of guns and carry all times because the world is so scary in your eyes

Ban them - the ones that seem to always end up being used to commit mass shootings, yes, fucking ban those.

Which ones would that be?

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Let me get this straight. You think I'm using words like "common sense" and "reasonable" to obfuscate my desire to restrict guns? I think I've been pretty open about my desire to restrict access to guns. I use the terms "common sense" and "reasonable" because only a fucking moron would think that restricting access to a deadly weapon is unreasonable in a civil society. Signed, the entire world that restricts access to guns and has lower gun related deaths

Not you personally, the gun-control crowd.  As for more laws, eWe have more than twenty thousand municipal, county, state, and federal gun laws on the books right now.  Many that we currently cannot manage today effectively.  So anyone squawking about more and more and more laws when we cannot even enforce the some of current ones on the books either doesn't know what they are talking about or doesn't care to learn.  You want consensus from gun owners, start with a platform to close every gap with the current laws on the books.  If the laws are crap, then we talk about pulling them down, but it's ridiculous to talk about more laws when we can't enforce all the current ones (NICS misses for example).  

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s a threat to your personal safety. It should be legal for you to put a bullet through his brain before he can do the same to you. Just like with cops, the most important thing is that you go home alive at the end of the day. 

He's an idiot for open carrying, but he's no more a threat than anyone else that can pick up a bottle, chair, or open a pocket knife and cut your throat or a BJJ practitioner that can snap your neck in a matter of seconds or crush your windpipe.  

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

He's an idiot for open carrying, but he's no more a threat than anyone else that can pick up a bottle, chair, or open a pocket knife and cut your throat or a BJJ practitioner that can snap your neck in a matter of seconds or crush your windpipe.  

Stop it. You don't honestly believe this, and we all know it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The scary ones of course......

The clown from the Anthony Fauci thread shown to be programmed by far right conspiracy propaganda is also programmed by far right gun rights propaganda.  I'm shocked.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This is absurd.

14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Steve Harvey What GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seriously Yaga, that's some of the dumbest shit ever posted here and there's been lots of dumb shit posted. When you defend an absolutist position on gun rights like that, you're actively hurting your cause. So I guess... keep it up.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Stop it. You don't honestly believe this, and we all know it.

Then could easily provide a bevvy of statistics of concealed and open carry attackers that opened up in bars and restaurants and other public venues.  There a tens of millions of them, so your sample size should be easy to validate.  Then cross reference these deaths with the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of deaths each year attributed to hands and feet.  

18 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

You go to bars with weird people.  And this is coming from a guy who goes to bars with absolute degenerates, mostly Navy guys.