Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

14 hours ago, Covri said:

Those TexAgs posters are something else. In other posts they talked about how a racist doesn't write like that, like they have first hand knowledge of how real racists write their manifestos.

But they say howdy even to the negroes on campus, except, of course, for the misguided ones that protest the Sully statue. 

They are likely going to end up being right about them being the most Texan university. It's trending that way, and I want to puke.

Edited by RomaVicta
errant comma. always have a hard time with commas.

10 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I finally saw the video but dunno if it should be posted. It’s short but pretty fucked up.

No, it shouldn't be posted. How is that even a question?

By the way, Daily Texan is the board for current events, right? There's no mention of this shooting at all over there. I wonder why.

22 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I finally saw the video but dunno if it should be posted. It’s short but pretty fucked up.

No shit. Why the fuck did you watch it? 

As a big supporter of the 2nd amendment even I would vote to raise the legal age of ownership of any semi-auto to 21 for males. Females should still be able to buy what they need at 18 as they're clearly not the issue. These mass shooters are getting them legally, or stealing them from their parents. Raise the age for males and fucking felonies for parents that give guns to future murderers or fail to secure their firearms. There's just no excuse, biometric safes are cheap and reliable.

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

As a big supporter of the 2nd amendment even I would vote to raise the legal age of ownership of any semi-auto to 21 for males. Females should still be able to buy what they need at 18 as they're clearly not the issue. These mass shooters are getting them legally, or stealing them from their parents. Raise the age for males and fucking felonies for parents that give guns to future murderers or fail to secure their firearms. There's just no excuse, biometric safes are cheap and reliable.

If an 18-year-old female owns an assault rifle and her husband or brother or boyfriend uses it to kill anyone, prosecute her for murder just like if she had an abortion. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Damn. Mass shooter was going on about replacement theory regarding democrats wanting to replace white people. Same thing Tucker and the GOP has been peddling the last year.

Sorry this has already been said but wow.

Collectivism is definitely a bad thing. No different than when Darrell drove through the parade, or this guy killing people because of skin color. It's gross.

• Fuck You 6

Just now, workswithseed said:

Collectivism is definitely a bad thing. No different than when Darrell drove through the parade, or this guy killing people because of skin color. It's gross.

No it’s not “definitely a bad thing” for some cultures who have been collectivistic for centuries. Are those cultures bad?

did you go to college?

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No it’s not “definitely a bad thing” for some cultures who have been collectivistic for centuries. Are those cultures bad?

did you go to college?

Racism is collectivist, are we going to say that's good? Did you read the rest of my quote? 

• Fuck You 3

11 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

What do you think collectivism is and how does it apply to this incident?

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This is all deeply, gut wrenchingly upsetting. The attack, the predictable GOP response, the lack of action that will come of it.

There’s really not more to say than that.

There it is. Exactly how I feel. I just sit and read with a sinking in my chest and gut. 

Representative government is built on some sort of discourse and some level of mutual respect or at least tolerance. The right has been using the word war for decades to describe every gripe they have. They're transitioning from death cult to jihad cult.

The day may very well come where the question of where the Army stands is all that matters for this country. The left isn't ready for violence. They largely don't see what's coming because they're just as distracted by trivia and base entertainment as the virulent ignoramuses on the right. 

I've got my mom's S&W .38, but I don't have nearly the inclination to take to the streets and start killing cult members. It will take more horrors to leech out what's civilized in me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, B00M said:

I don’t remember if anyone recalls, but there was a young man who live streamed killing some random old man once. Walked up to him on the sidewalk and smoked him. I naively watched it.  No way I’m touching this one, or any others going forward. 

I don’t remember if anyone recalls, but there was a young man who live streamed killing some random old man once. Walked up to him on the sidewalk and smoked him. I naively watched it.  No way I’m touching this one, or any others going forward. 

There will be plenty more. Gonna end up with a library full of videos we shouldn’t watch.

This is how we want to to be, and we should stop lying to ourselves by saying anything different.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ve always avoided any of these types of videos. The event itself I believe chips away at one’s humanity (regardless of your connection to the shooting/violence/etc), and to actually view the act (to me) invites nothing but darkness and horror onto oneself. 

kind of like watching longhorn football. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

kind of like watching longhorn football. 

I watched every single minute of every single game in the Strong era.  And have seen many fucked up vids.  Absolutely accurate analogy, albeit one much less serious than the other. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I watched every single minute of every single game in the Strong era.  And have seen many fucked up vids.  Absolutely accurate analogy, albeit one much less serious than the other. 

Oh for sure. We lost to TCU 50-7 for fucks sake.

7 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

In group out group.

What a retarded take. You just said that racist aren't collective? What is actually wrong with you?

In group/out group and collectivistic culture aren’t the same thing. 

All this tells me is you have no idea what collectivistic culture actually is. So how dumb are you?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

California tried this. 9th circuit struck it down just this week.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Damn. Mass shooter was going on about replacement theory regarding democrats wanting to replace white people. Same thing Tucker and the GOP has been peddling the last year.

Sorry this has already been said but wow.

New York Rep. Elise Stefanik, the third-ranked Republican in the House, began running a series of campaign ads on Facebook on Wednesday invoking a racist conspiracy theory that falsely alleges that immigrants are being invited to the United States to replace white voters.

The ads also invoke the conspiracy theory known as "the great replacement," which the Anti-Defamation League has defined as "the hateful notion that the white race is in danger of being 'replaced' by a rising tide of non-whites."

Messages that promote the theory have become increasingly common among Republican elected officials and in conservative media.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

In group/out group and collectivistic culture aren’t the same thing. 

All this tells me is you have no idea what collectivistic culture actually is. So how dumb are you?

laughinggladiator.gif

14 hours ago, George Clooney said:

I think he's said he's a dad, and I believe him. He's simply distrustful of the entire political apparatus, so he seeks alternate sources in an effort to better understand the world and where he fits in it. You must reject the idea that an objective truth exists in politics and then focus instead on the more likely source of enlightenment (which exists within and must be sought after intensely). The primary goal we should have in the current political environment is to avoid nourishing and/or electing a fascist. I am afraid we will fail and then some of us will suffer while the rest of us helplessly flail about.

every young dad I know is an incel. 

4 hours ago, B00M said:

From what I read it was damn near a copy paste of the 2019 new zealand mosque shooter's manifesto. I can't believe how many people are watching the video. Why give yourself PTSD? How does an 18 year old get that fucked up? Dude trained and prepared extensively to kill innocent people. Think he'll enjoy getting raped by big bla, ahem, replacement cock?

we need to bring back public executions

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread