Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Pubs would have the popular vote wrapped up if every racist person of color was republican. Or we only taking white racists? 

Do you honestly believe the effects of black and white racism are comparable?

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Do you honestly believe the effects of black and white racism are comparable?

A black guy called him a honkey once and that's just as bad as the centuries of terrorism that white supremacists have waged against black people.

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No. That wasn’t his statement. Do you believe only a Caucasian can be racist? 

Of course not, but the effects of white racism in America are well known and widely documented, notwithstanding the hurt fee fees of Ron DeSantis and his ilk.

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

If you don’t think them comparable why compare them in this thread?

Because apparently, every racist is a republican, as stated upthread.  Which is a mind numbing my stupid fucking statement.  Fuck, I can argue the president has done more racist shit with more long lasting detrimental effects than anyone posting here. Also wins the award of televised racist “gaffes” too.  Republican?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because apparently, every racist is a republican, as stated upthread.  Which is a mind numbing my stupid fucking statement.  Fuck, I can argue the president has done more racist shit with more long lasting detrimental effects than anyone posting here. Also wins the award of televised racist “gaffes” too.  Republican?

Nearly all racists are Republican was the post you quoted. 

Edited by ConferenceRoom
Big R, baby.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I wonder if stereotypical college-educated liberal types have any idea what's in store for this country when Electric Boogaloo gets underway.

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

In what year do you think it'll begin?

Jan 6, 2021

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Nearly all racists are Republican was the post you quoted. 

Followed immediately by:

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

At this point I think it's pretty fair to assume that anyone who is still a Republican is to some extent racist.

39 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I would outlaw assault rifles and anything that carries a large magazine.  Those are weapons of war and they are beyond what anyone needs to defend his/her home.  You're not going to be invaded by a 12-man special ops team.

I know this will come across shitty or condescendingly but I promise I'm just trying to inform the debate.

Mag limits:

Sometimes it takes 5+ direct hits to stop a single intruder, adrenaline and drugs are a... helluva drug.

If a psycho like in Buffalo wants to commit mass murder and they're constrained to smaller mags (or even standard 30 round mags), they will train swapping mags, and the capacity limit will do almost nothing. In contrast, a law abiding gun owner forced to defend themselves without notice may not have trained mag swaps and may not even have a second mag handy... Lastly, 3D printing magazines of any size is shockingly simple and doesn't contain any regulateable parts. Even drum designs are popping up:

Assault rifles:

What's generally called an assault rifle is just a semi-auto rifle with a relatively small round (223/5.56). Is a semi-auto rifle that fires 9mm okay?

Because if you have a 3D printer, a hardware store, and basic hand tools, you can make one. It doesn't require purchasing a single gun part. Making this for yourself is federally legal  the US. It always has been. With the proliferation of 80% kits and 3D printers, a few states (NJ, NY?, CA?) have or are working on legislation to ban:

Given our gun loving society, I'd argue that banning widely used guns and gun parts will create a massive black market and arguably make the problem worse. Think prohibition. Former law abiding gun owners turned felons will no longer have any reason not to buy, create, or manufacture (to sell) machine guns, suppressors, short barreled rifles, etc. Then the psycho teen potentially has access to even deadlier weapons.

Hypothetically, if the 20-50 million AR15s in the US vanished, instead of psycho teen using a relatively small caliber, they'll use their dad's semi auto hunting rifle that shoots the much larger 30-06. See image comparing 223 to 30-06... 

This is how i conclude that raising the legal age of ownership of semi autos to 21 for males, and making examples of parents that fail to secure their firearms is about the best we can hope for in the short term...

Maybe I'm wrong or my logic is flawed.

IMG_2763-e1613690361612.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

This is horrible. I bet she never expressed mass murder as a solution.

We need to bring back the militant wing of the Panthers. (I know, that would be stupid because the white establishment would indiscriminately slaughter the outnumbered black population.)

Malcolm X expected to be killed just as his father and grandfather were. Sure enough, he gets gunned down.

Same. As. It. Ever. Was. 

the last time blacks started walking around with weapons, ronald regan decided to love gun control !

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Counterpoint: that would be the American Reichstag fire.

Except......it will be "their side" that's most likely to take on that task.  Multiple Jan 6 attackers openly declared that they were there to kill Pelosi and hang Pence.  They will try again.  They will succeed.  And the right will be okay with it.  See below:

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

The bitch that the Capitol police had to kill is now a venerated saint to the right. There is literally nothing that can happen to make any of them rethink anything.

....yep.

so apparently a good guy with a gun tried to stop this loser but the bad guy had a bigger gun AND body armor and sadly killed the good guy.

so now, using NRA logic, to stop this we need good guys to have bigger guns and wear body armor at all times. great country we live in.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, yoladu said:

so apparently a good guy with a gun tried to stop this loser but the bad guy had a bigger gun AND body armor.

so now, using NRA logic, to stop this we need good guys to have bigger guns and wear body armor at all times. great country we live in.

I don’t understand, at all, not a single bit, why civilians “need” body armor. 

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t understand, at all, not a single bit, why civilians “need” body armor. 

I agree that there's no practical need, but are you suggesting banning steel plate and sewing machines? The issue with regulating it, is none of this shit is technologically advanced. Morons can make guns and armor if they want to put in the time.

Just now, B00M said:

I agree that there's no practical need, but are you suggesting banning steel plate and sewing machines? The issue with regulating it, is none of this shit is technologically advanced. Morons can make guns and armor if they want to put in the time.

I understand the point you're trying to make with these types of posts, but low hanging fruit like banning body armor sales to civilians and high capacity magazines could be simple deterrents to your every day mass shooter. Sure, some of your lunatic, unhinged, Tucker Carlson fans are going to go above and beyond the call of duty and make their own armor, and print their own drum mags, but if we can make it harder for the lazy ones, I think that's a good start.

My point is that we can't keep doing nothing. My counterpoint is that we're going to keep doing nothing and people are going to keep dying. I'll just be out here on the ledge trying not to get shot. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, horn4life said:

I think the phrase MAGA mass shooter should be adopted for these sorts of race based killings.

I mean after all, there "are good people on both sides" as the head of MAGA describes Nazi and White Supremacists, who attack black people.  So isn't this kid defacto a MAGA mass killer?  As he believes he is "one of the good people" that Trumps talks about.

As I have said for quite some time, "While not all Republicans are Racist, nearly all Racists are Republican. "

I’d call him a radical white Christian terrorist. 

5 minutes ago, B00M said:

True. But I have a whole lot less issue banning purpose built body armor.  The avg person does not need it for their safety or protection. 

34 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

My point is that we can't keep doing nothing. My counterpoint is that we're going to keep doing nothing and people are going to keep dying. I'll just be out here on the ledge trying not to get shot. 

Ban shit like bump stocks, binary triggers (my 2nd homies about to not like me) and body armor.   Loosen regulations on safety devices such as suppressors.  That would go a long fucking way in getting conversations started. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

You could literally film yourself buying a weapon, and then executing all the children of congressional members and half the country would say we need better mental health laws. 

At least 1/3 of the country would blame the FBI. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If I’m shooting at a person with body armor on his torso, the impact of the bullet should knock him down ? aim for the legs, groin, head ?

If I even had the presence of mind and the courage to shoot back at someone trying to kill me in a grocery store, I'd aim center mass and pray to science that my hands weren't shaking. There are so many variables (training, presence of mind, distance to target, caliber, etc.) that come into play in a situation like this. Bottom line is that if you have a handgun and your target is carrying an M4 (or whatever), you'd better hope they're wearing a t-shirt and shorts and that you have the drop on them. Better still, hope there's two of you and one of him. 

The guy who shot back probably knew he had one chance to do something and as a former cop, he probably aimed center mass and hoped he didn't miss. He likely knew he wasn't getting out alive. He's an American hero and I'd replace ten Tucker fans with one of him every day of the week. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ban shit like bump stocks, binary triggers (my 2nd homies about to not like me) and body armor.   Loosen regulations on safety devices such as suppressors.  That would go a long fucking way in getting conversations started. 

Agreed. There's going to have to be give and take and these are reasonable suggestions. Write your congress critter. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If I’m shooting at a person with body armor on his torso, the impact of the bullet should knock him down ? aim for the legs, groin, head ?

Head shot kills almost certainly but smaller target (hey-oh!) and sometimes rounds just whip around the cranium under the skin. Leg would kill eventually if the femoral artery is cut. Shatter the pelvic bone and the ability to stand goes away.

Also I don't know anything just spitballin'

Edited by Walser

10 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

If I even had the presence of mind and the courage to shoot back at someone trying to kill me in a grocery store, I'd aim center mass and pray to science that my hands weren't shaking. There are so many variables (training, presence of mind, distance to target, caliber, etc.) that come into play in a situation like this. Bottom line is that if you have a handgun and your target is carrying an M4 (or whatever), you'd better hope they're wearing a t-shirt and shorts and that you have the drop on them. Better still, hope there's two of you and one of him. 

The guy who shot back probably knew he had one chance to do something and as a former cop, he probably aimed center mass and hoped he didn't miss. He likely knew he wasn't getting out alive. He's an American hero and I'd replace ten Tucker fans with one of him every day of the week. 

center mass until he’s not standing. I have 15 shots and he’s getting all 15, only if I can’t make it to an exit though. If I can’t, I’m going down with an empty magazine 

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

A black guy called him a honkey once and that's just as bad as the centuries of terrorism that white supremacists have waged against black people.

I mean, what white child hasn’t watched in horror as the black sheriff in town beat the shit out of his dad while calling him a honkey and then the sheriff suffered no repercussions? What white child hasn’t watched his dad get refused a seat at the table or a room in the hotel or the use of a public restroom or even a drink from the water fountain because there was a sign there that said, “Blacks only?” What white man hasn’t been refused a loan from the black bank owner, or a job by the black business owner, or the right to buy a house from a black homeowner?

Obviously it works both ways equally.  🙄

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Bottom line is that if you have a handgun and your target is carrying an M4 (or whatever)

Unless you are fighting our troops, this will not be an issue.  Look like /=/ same same. 

7 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

It’s way past time to bring back the assault rifle ban. I own one but would get rid of it without hesitation. 

You can now, and would likely make money on the deal.  

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Unless you are fighting our troops, this will not be an issue.  Look like /=/ same same. 

Yeah, that was a little hyperbole thrown in for effect. However, I'd point out that a man wearing body armor with a mission to kill unsuspecting civilians with an AR might as well be the American military versus poorly trained combatants. The results, as we saw this weekend, are going to be the same. 

5 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Yeah, that was a little hyperbole thrown in for effect. However, I'd point out that a man wearing body armor with a mission to kill unsuspecting civilians with an AR might as well be the American military versus poorly trained combatants. The results, as we saw this weekend, are going to be the same. 

I don’t disagree. As much as I hate the idea and can see the fuckery that’s going to come along with red flag laws, I’m getting there slowly but surely.  I have a real sense it’s going to fuck over a million innocents to every one it stops though. 

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

America's gun problems won't be solved until the Second Amendment is repealed.

Good luck!

It doesn’t need to be repealed. It needs to be interpreted correctly. You won’t get a gun nut to admit it but the words “well regulated militia” are there. You can ask them what those words mean but they’ll just ignore you as if they’re deaf. But those words are in the amendment and have meaning. And it doesn’t mean that a bunch of douchebags get to strap up and try to overthrow democracy just because they’re not happy with the outcome of a free and fair election. 

• Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I agree with all of this - some items are nonsense that they're included in the NFA, and some things are nonsense that they're exempted from the NFA like """pistol""" AR's and the like lol.

The problem is - the dialogue and the political climate is so stagnated that small changes are no longer possible. We as a nation have just accepted that school and mass shootings are par for the course and that ANY further regulation is tyrannical reduction of rights. Which in turn engenders an attitude that gun owners shouldn't get any more toys or get the rules loosened further.

So then it ultimately just turns into a game of power politics rather than good policy making. And from the direction of recent gun laws (like TX becoming constitutional carry for example), I don't see that trend reversing any time soon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It doesn’t need to be repealed. It needs to be interpreted correctly. You won’t get a gun nut to admit it but the words “well regulated militia” are there. You can ask them what those words mean but they’ll just ignore you as if they’re deaf. But those words are in the amendment and have meaning. And it doesn’t mean that a bunch of douchebags get to strap up and try to overthrow democracy just because they’re not happy with the outcome of a free and fair election. 

Bingo!

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

so apparently a good guy with a gun tried to stop this loser but the bad guy had a bigger gun AND body armor and sadly killed the good guy.

image.thumb.png.b667b4f1df94f3e49f7a92d5c250fc43.png

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread