Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

Why not? Usually I do it to draw a distinction in content, or for emphasis.  If the internet BBS Gods did not intend for me to use it, they would not have given me the tools!

5 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

why do you go through the effort to change colors of your text and bold certain portions?

WhatTheBuck is right about underlining.

But also we should still occasionally pay homage to the BBS Gods.

e0b13aa30b46e6d1a511863fd1e59d8f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

I’d like to think if my neighbor came to me complaining about my son acting out like this kid, I would have required my son to apologize for his behavior. I would not have introduced a firearm into the equation that needed to be defused.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I’d like to think if my neighbor came to me complaining about my son acting out like this kid, I would have required my son to apologize for his behavior. I would not have introduced a firearm into the equation that needed to be defused.

stupid SOB is lucky he didn't murder his daughter. and people still think everyone should have a gun with no licenses, training, etc. gtfoh with that shit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 3:55 PM, Satchel said:

Yeah. Even if your natural instinct is to be protective of your kid getting yelled at, or to perceive a slight toward your parenting from the neighbors raising the issue, I don't understand how it goes beyond a vague indication that you'll discuss it with your son and a quick dismissal. Going to get your gun is some bigtime texags, small dick energy.

Personally, I would be absolutely appalled if my child pulled that. I don't even know what I'd do.

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Elementary school in Uvalde per the twitters…

I hear that high school kid killed his grandmother (not sure if at school). He ended up shooting at least 9 kids at the elementary. Don't know if any are dead. He killed himself. He posted a picture of himself a couple days ago on instagram with a couple guns.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:38 AM, TexArcher said:

I would outlaw assault rifles and anything that carries a large magazine.  Those are weapons of war and they are beyond what anyone needs to defend his/her home.  You're not going to be invaded by a 12-man special ops team.

Others may disagree, and that's fine.  The problem is that the NRA and the GOP won't even let the debate happen.  Guns are legal, all of them, and if you don't like it, you're unAmerican.  

Nevermind that we all agree that the right to bear arms needs limits.  If you think you disagree, ask yourself if it's okay for your neighbor to have a nuclear or biological weapon to defend his home.  Of course it's not.  No one in his right mind would allow your neighbor to handle and secure those types of weapons that can kill so many people at once.

Well, I feel the same way about assault rifles.

And so do most Americans.

Yet they remain legal, no matter how many kids don't come home for dinner.  Why?  Because Republicans care more about their big dick toys and their profits than they do about living children.  Unless those children are still living inside some liberal woman, of course.

It's a fucking farce.  All of it.  America in 2022 is like a Jonathan Swift story that he scrapped because it was too over-the-top to be good satire.

Remember back when "back the blue" also meant you were in favor of gun control?

Good times.

3 minutes ago, po elvis said:

So weird. They aren't saying anything in the media about anybody getting shot. This happened a couple hours ago.

A suspect is in custody Tuesday afternoon after an active shooter incident at a Texas elementary school, police said.

"Shooter is in police custody," the Uvalde Police Department said on Facebook just after 1 p.m. local time.

No other details, including the suspect's name and the number of those injured, were released.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-respond-active-shooter-texas-elementary-school-rcna30339

2 minutes ago, po elvis said:

They say he is in police custody, but he is dead. 

Both of these things can be correct.  And, if he's dead he's presumably no longer injured.

That said, a quick search of twitter turned this up:

Edited by DDD Dad

At least two victims, an adult and a child, have been taken to a San Antonio hospital about 80 miles away. Their conditions or ages are unknown as of now. 

At 12:17 p.m., UCISD officials said there was an active shooter and law enforcement was on site. All campuses were placed under lockdown due to gunshots in the area and the students and staff are safe in the building. There was no indication that the lockdown had since been lifted following the suspect being taken into custody. 

Uvalde Memorial Hospital officials told KENS 5 they are also currently caring for several students in the emergency room. 

‼️Information at this time is that the active shooter at Robb Elementary is in custody. UMH is currently caring for...

Posted by Uvalde Memorial Hospital on Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Immediate family of those students are being told to report to the cafeteria on the second floor of the hospital. They asked those who are not immediate family to refrain coming to the hospital. 

Are we winning yet?  I guess we need more "JESUS-GUNS-BABIES" leadership.  That's clearly the only solution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Link?

I'm seeing reports of one adult and one child injured and air lifted to San Antonio.  No other injuries reported yet.

Rumor I saw online is the perp is was a high schooler, killed his own mom who taught at this elementary school along with some of her students. People like to make shit up as news breaks though so I'm taking that with a grain of salt for now.

Edited by chainsaw
verb tense

On 5/18/2022 at 3:55 PM, Satchel said:

I woulda pulled a Mrs Schwartz  

43 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

It would be real cool if the politicians could stop blaming each other and just fix this

One side doesn’t think children being slaughtered at school is worth fixing if it means selling fewer guns. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There's something to be said about a party that wants to save the innocent unborn, but has no issue with people gunning down elementary kids.  Guess once they get into PreK, they lose their innocence?

Going to be interesting to see why this guy was even at the school..so many rumors running around.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

One side doesn’t think children being slaughtered at school is worth fixing if it means selling fewer guns. 

And that there's no other reasonable solution between free and completely unfettered access to all firearms and dem crazy libs takin' all ur gunz!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

There's something to be said about a party that wants to save the innocent unborn, but has no issue with people gunning down elementary kids.  Guess once they get into PreK, they lose their innocence?

Going to be interesting to see why this guy was even at the school..so many rumors running around.

If women birthed guns and developed ammo in their uterus, this would all be shut down post haste.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

Not sure why yet but he shot his mom and grandma. There was car chase. He wrecked and ran into the elementary.  His Instagram is still up. Wont share because not worth glorifying. One Depressed looking post and a pic of a couple guns. 

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread